Flooded with Email Alerts - page 2

RandyJF:
i'll check that --Randy

50 Emails total

Files:
Inbox_33_50.htm  240 kb

Well, then I'm not sure what is going on then. Run this version. It is the same thing you have except that it will print to the logs every time there is an alert. I will need your log file then to know better what is going on. I have a feeling it has something to do with your email forwards. Maybe you have an auto responder set up incorrectly. Anyways, please run this version.

master4x:
Well, then I'm not sure what is going on then. Run this version. It is the same thing you have except that it will print to the logs every time there is an alert. I will need your log file then to know better what is going on. I have a feeling it has something to do with your email forwards. Maybe you have an auto responder set up incorrectly. Anyways, please run this version.
Files:
20131204.log  16 kb

Can you send the log from the experts/logs folder and not only the main terminal log? Thanks

master4x:
Can you send the log from the experts/logs folder and not only the main terminal log? Thanks

on the EURUSD M1 chart, i received quite a few signals without the repeated Email Alerts -- sometimes there would be an Email Alert without an arrow - sometimes there would be an arrow without an Email Alert -- i experimented with the 2 "true/false" settings until there was a repeated Email Alert --

Randy

Files:
20131204.log  10 kb

According to the log, you are getting alternating and different alerts. It is not the same alert over and over again which I originally thought you were saying. They are different alerts like UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, etc... And the variables that control the alerts are also switching from true to false over and over again to prove this. So basically, I fixed the original bug but now you are getting alternating alerts simply because both conditions for alerts are being met at the same time. This would explain why the problem does not happen all the time but happens with certain settings.

that's interesting -- i honestly thought that the repeated Email Alerts were the same signal --

if there was a way to program the Indicator variables to "lock in" on the correct direction, in all

possible settings, and give (1) Email Alert for (1) candlestick, that would be great -

Randy

They were probably the same signal alert in the beginning though. Just now, I think conditions for both types of alerts are happening at the same time. There are a couple things that could be done about this. It could be modified to only alert once per candle (whichever happens first), one alert per signal per candle (both types occur), or a new type of alert in the event that both alert conditions are met at the same time. The indicator may actually have more problems. I am not sure because I haven't looked at it in detail.

i have another idea about this Indicator -- i'll post in an hour or two -

Randy

would it be possible to combine these two Bar Reversal Indicators into one Indicator?

would it go over the buffer limit?

would it be necessary to combine the two Indicators into an EA to avoid buffer issues?

please see the attached screenshot --

the signal is triggered when both Indicators have arrows that

converge at the same candlestick -- the two arrows are "stacked" --

Email and Message box alerts --

the yellow/blue arrows are '3 Bar Swing v2" --

the green/red arrows are 'Flexi_bar_swing_v3EMAIL_v1.2' --

Randy

Files:
eurusdih4.png  49 kb
Reason: