Flooded with Email Alerts

Hey Everyone,

the recommendation, when using this Indicator, was to keep the function "WaitForCandleClose" set on "true" to avoid repeated Email Alerts --

even with the "true" setting the Email Alerts keep coming -- sometimes 50 or so at a time --

if the signal could be "locked in" at the beginning of the "trigger candle", and then just (1) Email Alert was given, that would be fine --

any help would be greatly appreciated --

thank you,

Randy

I will have time in about a day to look into this for you. Please wait.

master4x:
I will have time in about a day to look into this for you. Please wait.

thank you --

thinking more about this Indicator --

this Indicator signal always uses 1 of 2 possible candlesticks - changing the "WaitForCandleClose" setting changes which candlestick is the signal candlestick --

if the "WaitForCandleClose" is set on "false", there is a possibility of repainting --

but if someone does actually want to use the "false" setting, there should be a

maximum of (1) Email Alert on that candlestick also --

the same "(1) Email Alert Only" function as when the setting is "true" -- the only difference will be that, depending on the setting, the Email Alert will happen on a different candlestick --

when the first signal trigger occurs on the candlestick when the setting is either "true" or "false", that should be the only Email Alert for that candlestick, that "cycle" --

Randy

Here is the modified indicator. I think this should work fine, but I have not tested live since the market is closed. Hope you like it.

master4x:
Here is the modified indicator. I think this should work fine, but I have not tested live since the market is closed. Hope you like it.

thank you

RandyJF:
thank you

still having problems with the repeated Email Alerts --

Randy

RandyJF:
still having problems with the repeated Email Alerts --Randy

I have tested this indicator live on IBFX on the M1. It has been alerting fine for me. I added a popup alert function for my testing so I can show you what I mean. So it will email and do a regular popup alert at the same time for the same signal. As you can see, there are no multiple popup alerts, there are no alerts at at the same time, they are for different signals, and there is one alert per signal. This is confirmed in my logging too. Are you sure you are using the version I sent?

Files:

master4x:
I have tested this indicator live on IBFX on the M1. It has been alerting fine for me. I added a popup alert function for my testing so I can show you what I mean. So it will email and do a regular popup alert at the same time for the same signal. As you can see, there are no multiple popup alerts, there are no alerts at at the same time, they are for different signals, and there is one alert per signal. This is confirmed in my logging too. Are you sure you are using the version I sent?

i'm using version 1.1 -- let me try it again -- is there a possibility that something else could be causing the problem?

Trader's Way is my Broker - i send the Indicator signal to GMX Mail, and the Email message is forwarded SMS to my Net10 cellphone --

Randy

It might be possible that there is some problem with all the forwarding somehow. Did you check the GMX mail and see if you are receiving the multiple emails there at the root?

RandyJF:
i'm using version 1.1 -- let me try it again -- is there a possibility that something else could be causing the problem?Trader's Way is my Broker - i send the Indicator signal to GMX Mail, and the Email message is forwarded SMS to my Net10 cellphone --Randy

i have a bunch of Email Alert Indicators -- all of them work fine except for this one -- if i disable this Indicator, the other Indicators give an Email Alert without a problem - if i enable this Indicator, the repeated Email Alerts begin --

Randy

master4x:
It might be possible that there is some problem with all the forwarding somehow. Did you check the GMX mail and see if you are receiving the multiple emails there at the root?

i'll check that --

Randy

Reason: