Tips for a newbie about MT4..

Hello everyone, I´m a new member in here I´m going to start to practice the basic things in the MT4 demo, so what tips can you recommend me to make less complicated my learning process about the real market movement. Should I start trading just by heart or what indicators should I use as a beginner?. What did you used to do when you started with MT4?. Thanks for any opinion.

First at all I´m also new at this, but I wanna talk about my experience these days with MT4. At the beginning I start just trying to understand what the candlesticks were into the real charts and practicing just by heart as you said before, then I´ve started reading about some indicators and I´ve been applying them to get how they work interacting with the movement, I don’t know if my short experience can be useful for you In fact I´m not an expert so maybe there are other strategies for getting involved with the demo.

Im gonna tell you my experience, so I got the demo, but I wasn’t sure to trade, so I was smart and I got information everywhere about forex, actually, I did the school here in babypips, so I could understand everything about what the news said and another brokers, so everyday I tried any new tool in my MT4, even if I was unsure, I came to forums and ask about them. When I finish the tools I could see something else like indicators and EA. I don’t know what demo you got, for example in my demo (from tradeview) I had a good list of indicators so I could practice with all of them

I guess the best tips I could've received when I was a beginner were the ones for a good broker. Because the best school for me was my demo account of course along with a non-stop learning strategy, so you need to get a good demo account where you can implement and play with robots and indicators. Eventually you get to develop a strategy so my point is for you to take a look among some brokers as Oanda, alpari, tradeview and then make your decision.

Well to start with the MT4 the best thing to start is to know how to use the indicators and install the EA's, if you're the type of person who would work with them. Also how to change between the different currencies. Oh and if you like to make you own indicators to handle the MQL4.

One of the bests way, as I see, to start handling the MT4 in the basic stuff is to learn how to place your orders, calculate your S/L and T/P and what pips are. I guess if you start with this you'll get to work with the MT4 on a very short period of time.

I guess to start using MT4 you only have to play around with it. It was the only way for me to learn, because I tried several tutorials I found on Google and I never got to fully understand. So just play with your demo you don't have anything to lose so click everywhere and find out what it is for.

My best advice would be… don’t afraid to place an order, if you think that you have determined a potential profitable entry do it, most of the times you’ll see it goes allright. Doubt is not a good frie

Wow that´s a good advice, what anouka said, don’t be afraid to anything , especially if you have a demo, I mean if you are not trading in a real account .

With a demo off course!!!! DONT BE AFRAID! If you want to do something new for you, don’t worry, the computer is no gonna explode, that´s for sure!

This is good information about what to in MT4. All I can say is that demo I like too much, I learn from it too much, I just like and I hope everyone can use it.

Reason: