Stochastic OBOS alert [Coded] - page 2

Hi,

This is a great alert. Would it be possible to built emailing into it? It would really help me.

This is a very interesting thread. Stochastics has an excellent benfit of showing divergence in addition to the OB/OS areas mentioned. There are some traders who ONLY use divergence on Stochastics but I particularly look for divergence in the OB/OS areas using 85/15 as my guide, not the usual 80/20. Also I look for divergence on the 'K' setting only and ignore the 'D'.

Finally, there are many settings of Stochastics and the normal setting is not one that I can recommend but the one I use for divergence is 8-3-3.

If you get one up and running share it with a few and sell it to the many!

Hope this helps the techies!!

TEAMTRADER

Hello,

Thank you so much Mr Scorpion for this indicator, but for me I need the email alert, so please if you can add this option on it.

Thank you any way.

Hi Scorpion. I Really Do Appreciate Your Work. I Am Asking Though If You Could Please Add An Email Alert To One Of Your Previous Works. Thanks In Advance

Files:

New to this site and want to thank all of you for such great indicators...tried out the Stoch_Alert and thought it would beneficial to have the currency pair listed in the alert...for those that trade more than one pair at a time...any help or modification would be appreciated...

This indicator is great, but I think it would be even better if coupled with the RSI such that it gives the alert only when the both the Stoch and RSI enter OB or OS levels, at which point the trader can monitor for the retracement. Reason I say this is because using one or the other tends to give a lot of false signals, but together the signal is usually authentic and imports a retracement rather than mere noise.

Hi guys,

Here are 2 adapted versions of Scorpion's original stochastic alert. These will play a SOUND whenever the desired signal occurs.

There's one version for alerts for K reaching certain levels or when crossing D, and there's one for D reaching certain levels or (conversely) when "crossing" D (the latter not being particularly useful, but that's how the indicator is programmed).

I use each of them frequently. They're a breeze to use

You can further customize these indicators, by configuring different sounds for different signals. For this, go into the MetaExpert Editor, open the indicator you wish to adapt, and search for "alert.wav". Then change "alert.wav" to any sound you'd like to use, say for example "email.wav" (not really recommended, but it's one of the default sounds, so it serves the purpose of this example).

If you like to use other sounds besides the default sounds, then simply copy these sounds to the folder "sounds", as found in the MT root directory.

Thanks again to Scorpion, for the original version of this perfectly programmed indicator

Enjoy

scorpion:
Enjoy the custom programming for you, mate.

Hi, my first post here and first of all, I've to say thank you for your work.

I use a lot of windows (3 Timeframes and a lot of currency pairs) in my MT and when I'll get an alert I have to figure out which currency pair dropped below or rises above the Stoch line.

Now my question, is it possible to add the name of the currency pair and maybe the timeframe to the popup window?

Thanks

kind regards

Hi everyone,

can anyone suggest a trading platform that supplies audio alerts for technical studies such as bollinger bands and stochastic? I'm currently using MT4 but the alerts are only for prices.

Excellent indicator, just what I was looking! Thanks to the OP...

Has anyone managed to incorporate an email alert? That would make it even more useful...

Thanks a million!

L

Reason: