LSMA cross EA

I have enclosed the LSMA cross indicator that shows 2 lines crossing with arrows that give good signals to trade. It would be nice to have an EA that uses this system along with a timer to trade only at certain hours. I have developed this in VTrader and it is very profitable.

Thanks

Files:
LSMA-V1.2.mq4  4 kb
LSMA_Cross.jpg  87 kb

I'm sorry I feel stupid right now but LSMA as in L*** Simple Moving Average? The problem I found with those is that usually the two moving averages go up and down and keep crossing making a lot more than one trade on one candle (unless u limit it to one trade per candle, but then you might be missing a trade or went the wrong way...)

I never really liked the Moving Averages when I have such a small capital to trade to start with because the best places to use this kind of indicator is on bigger timeframes and basically in longterm

LSMA stands for least squares moving average and is totally different from simple MAs. It is also called linear regression MA and doesn't have the lag that SMAs do. Another option is to use triggerlines (which is a modified LSMA) and trade blue buy and red sell with a timer trading 3am-11am only.

Files:
triggerlines.jpg  106 kb

Alright how about those blue candles in the middle of the flock of red ones? What happens to the EA? does it have to agree with the fisher in order to work?

Also why did you choose 3-11? What i see on the chart above is that 11 is before the big jump up

The MT4 charts are from FXDD with 00 being 5 pm (MT4 -7 hours is NY). Trading hours are shown with a black line in window 2 starting at 3am and going till 1pm. Fisher is not needed in trading - just use triggerlines. Fisher is version m11 that doesn't repaint, and awesome is in window #1. It would be nice to have local time viewing or at least NY time (maybe someday). IBFX uses GMT. The reversal from red to blue occured at 730 am NYT - 1 hour before the news. Trading this way requires a timer to filter out most trades in non trading hours.

hi richx7

sounds good , can u please tell me where do i find the fisher_m11. Also please specify the trading hours in GMT , to make it a bit more clear.

Regards

FXDD uses GMT + 3 so subtract 3 from the screen for GMT. I have included m11 along with other helpful indicators. Fish m11 can be adjusted by changing periods to higher values (20-50) for longer term trading (the screen above is set at 15 periods). Setting smooth to 0 gives less delay and more choppiness so you can see what it is like without smoothing. It takes previous values and averages them out in the current bar which adds delay. Looking at the screen you see that all indicators tend to line up and give the same signals. During choppy trading with no news like Friday you can use 30min charts, and during major news you can use 5min or 1min charts to catch big moves. Many brokers don't fill trades or will give huge slippage or will increase the spreads to 20 or 30 during news time however.

richx7:
FXDD uses GMT + 3 so subtract 3 from the screen for GMT. I have included m11 along with other helpful indicators. Fish m11 can be adjusted by changing periods to higher values (20-50) for longer term trading (the screen above is set at 15 periods). Setting smooth to 0 gives less delay and more choppiness so you can see what it is like without smoothing. It takes previous values and averages them out in the current bar which adds delay. Looking at the screen you see that all indicators tend to line up and give the same signals. During choppy trading with no news like Friday you can use 30min charts, and during major news you can use 5min or 1min charts to catch big moves. Many brokers don't fill trades or will give huge slippage or will increase the spreads to 20 or 30 during news time however.

Thanks a lot friend, it was a real help .

I have just programmed on my mate4 the indicator following MA crossover 3 email alert, how to program it to have an alarm email. To excuse to me my English I am French, thank you has all

Here is MA crossover that gives a signal at the cross. Some indicators don't work properly and have errors, so each has to be tested.

This link gives a lot of info on using MT4 alerts:

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1416

Thanks to you all

Reason: