Expert Advisor Builder for MT4 - page 3

Hi, I am looking for a really efficient expert advisor, maybe I can find it in the Fisherman. Is this web name related with Fisher Transform?

scorpion:
Somebody has coded an online version of auto mql builder for mt4. Check it out at Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4Is online version easier to use?

Hi Scorpion,

I have use the EAbuilder and I find it very usefull indead but I have these 2 problems:

FIRSTly

SETUPS: If current bar is higher than previous bar then buy..

PROBLEM: The order will not be executed until the current bar is closed.

This makes my strategy redundant.(It must execute the trade

immediately the condiotion is fulfilled).

Secondly

I'll use an example in this one.(MACD CROSSING)

SETUPS: Buy when MACD is above signal line and I set my take profit to

30pips.

PROBLEM: The order is executed promptly(after the close of the current bar) and when I hit my 30 pips profit, a new position is opened which is not what I want.

I hope u understand me scorpion

Please help me on this coz I really like this EA builder but I am really stuck here!!!

Karama

Karama, I can't help you. Simply because the product you're talking about is not under my control and development.

Scorp - have you ever used the Order Reliable routines? Do you think the extra logic is worth it? I've missed some trades on IBFX with 146 trade context busy. Do you program for this, like put your trade in a loop while this condition is true?

Files:

Hello. Im almansor form Malaysia.

Bill R:
Scorp - have you ever used the Order Reliable routines? Do you think the extra logic is worth it? I've missed some trades on IBFX with 146 trade context busy. Do you program for this, like put your trade in a loop while this condition is true?

I've never used that. But all my EAs gracefully handle the busy context by using Sleep(10000) to give MetaTrader 10 seconds before allowing new order.

I suggest you don't put OrderSend() in a loop. It's useless, since price will have changed already when trade context becomes available. You will then get misquote errors. What you need to do is add Sleep(10000) after each and every OrderSend(), OrderModify(), and other order-related functions. Your EA will automatically retry itself.

OK, but why would it automatically retry just because it waited 10 seconds? Is that documented somewhere, or did you find it out by trial and error?

Most standard EAs will retry because it evaluates the order logics on every new tick, as MetaTrader executes the Start() method every tick.

The Sleep(10000) simply tells MetaTrader to pause executing the Start() method for 10 seconds. If ordering-related procedure is execute again within 5 seconds, MetaTrader will throw "too frequent" and "trade context busy" error.

Makes sense - I needed to change the reverse logic which said: if there's a signal and a position then delete the position and take a new one the opposite way - I pulled the delete and thake position apart, so it deletes the first time, but keeps trying to take the new position on every tick while the signal is hot, like you described. This is better logic - should have thought of that possibility myself. Thanks - Bill

Hi Scorpion

I have the Fisher_Yur4ik indicator. I also have the Fisher Auto V.1 EA. Although the autoEA is based on the Fisher indicator the trades generated are very different. The EA seems to lag behind the indicator's signals.

Could you program the EA to automatically close and reverse a trade at the close of say a 5 minute time frame. For example, let's say I am now long on GBPUSD and the bars on the Fisher indicator is currently green. I would like to immediately close out this trade on market order once a red bar (bearish) is confirmed and established and simultaneously place a new 'Sell' market order. Please let me know. Thanks.

Tansri

Reason: