Median Trader

Ok, I have this expert advisor lying aroung my HDD, it is called Median Trader. It has made a lot of noise in its time on the Yhaoo Group and over the internet. It had a good profit factor, and few developers, and they were going sue each other.

This stuff is quiet now, so I decided to post ( although I have a feeling i already posoted it around here somewhere, but i can`t seem to find it. ) it here. It is MT3. Use on Daily charts.

I don`t quit remember about the parameteres.

And here is a thing, it uses a principle of a median. It is like a Moving average, but in other way. So it would be interesting to take a look at this median indicator. Maybe someone could find it`s formula in the code, and code it in mt4 , why not ?

Kind Regards

Files:

I'll look around the yahoo group, maybe they posted the parameters a while ago. Also Im curious as to what that whole suing business was all about, I'll try to come back with an answer

Well one of the owners wanted to benefit from selling the EA`s , he opened a site,and started sending around exp files ( that`s how i got mine =) ) , and the other owners, theu had more global plans, they wanted to intergrate this in a trading platform, so it could be used onl by some current brokers clients, so they wanted to use this thing to advertise a brokerage service,to attract clients .

I only now that they argued a lot, and then all this thing gone somewhere, No more web pages, or discussions , and i have read that one of them ( the brokerage guys ) is going to sue another.

Hmm, well nothing on the yahoo group that I can find...

If these owners were fighting so much over it then it must have some kind of good earnings

Yeah , it had some success. It had good backtesting results, this is why i didn`t belive it,and decided to decompile the exp . well i remember earning about 400% in a week ( 5 k deposit ) , I think you can call this good =) , but when the suing thing started, I put it away, wonder how it performs now, and want to know what is the system like overall.

Interesting one Ravique, many thanks! I'll try dechipering the logics behind the code and see if there's any goodies in there.

That would be great

The orginator of this concept has a mentor service and wrote a book on his theory, " BIRD WATCHING IN LION COUNTRY" He lives in South Afica.

when one of the programmers he hired got into an argument with him over how this should be used they broke apart and went thier seperate ways. The programmer tries selling his program in three different levels of risk management , gold, silver and platinum. You could orginally get a 30 trial to use before you bought it or not.

He had very strict money managment rules but it was sucessful over the LONG term. I have peoples name if anyone needs that info

George

well Goldstock thank you for the info, but still it would be nice to see the system,and it is good that it is proitable in a long term.

The information I got was that it didn't perform well over the long haul, but I can't confirm. May be someone could plug it into MT3 and test it?

hhsmoney:
The information I got was that it didn't perform well over the long haul, but I can't confirm. May be someone could plug it into MT3 and test it?

I put it on yesterday for this very thing - interesting to see it's performance and will let you know.

Martin

Reason: