JMA MACD and JMA CCI Indicators for MetaTrader - page 2

Thank you! Just investigated the JMAMACD code. Why use SMA and JMA both in that code?

It's because we can't use custom indicator to analyse array. Technically, there is no iCustomOnArray(). However, it should be possible to make MACD in pure JMA if JMA indicator is modified and embed inside JMACD. Is anybody longing for pure JMACD?

JMA_CCI is just like CCI. I can't see any difference between them?

Also, RSX is the indicator that does not need JMA in its code? Strange!

Thirdly, could anyone provide the code for RSI and Osma? I just want to compare them with JMA based ones.

Another question is how replace EMA with JMA in our script?

I have a script based on EMA, doing badly.

Do I simply need to replace the code of EMA everywhere with JMA?

Do I also need to set up any variables?

Hi zehua,

zehua:
JMA_CCI is just like CCI. I can't see any difference between them?
There is a different. JMA_CCI catches early signal, which is better. Now compare which CCI crosses 0 level first.

zuhua:
RSX is the indicator that does not need JMA in its code
Yeah, it's standalone indicator. It might use JMA concept only.

zuhua:
Another question is how replace EMA with JMA in our script? I have a script based on EMA, doing badly. Do I simply need to replace the code of EMA everywhere with JMA? Do I also need to set up any variables?
Sometimes, you can't just replace EMA with JMA. If the expert analyse only Close prices then it can, just replace iMA(NULL,...,PRICE_CLOSE with iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA",JMA Period,JMA Phrase,0

Thank you!

I am longing for other osillators such as force index to be JMA based. Well, it seems I have to do a lot of work to rewrite it myself....

Is this JMA the real one? The real JMA sold on Jurik research has DLL...

Hi Scorpion,,

Many thanks for the JMA, RSX , MACD and CCI files. Great stuff.

Is it possible to provide a mt4 indicator that colour the price bars in accordance with the RSX reading above or below 0 ?.

I have a 3.6 Pentium 4 available if you need any number crunching done, and may I offer my congrats on all you have achieved so far, and a belated happy birthday to the project.

Cheers for now

Chris

You're welcome

I think coloring the price bars dynamically is not possible yet.

Hi Scorpion,

Could you please write a sample code line -

showing how to get the Signal and Histogram from the JMA_MACD indicator?

using the iCustom(..).

Thank you,

Simon

To get value of JMACD, use below command:

iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",FastJMA,SlowJMA,SignalSMA,FastJMAPhrase,SlowJMAPhrase,0,Shift)

E.g: Fast JMA Period = 12, Slow JMA = 26, Singal SMA Period = 9, FastJMAPhrase = 0, SlowJMAPhrase = 0, and Shift = 0 then

iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",12,26,9,0,0,0,0)

To get value of signal line of JMACD, use below command:

iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",FastJMA,SlowJMA,SignalSMA,FastJMAPhrase,SlowJMAPhrase,1,Shift)

E.g: iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",12,26,9,0,0,1,0)

Reason: