Graphics advice needed - page 2

scorpion:
And gazuz, you forgot to put a Status Box.

I do not understand what you mean by Status Box... I put the open orders on the bottom, maybe we can put the account history in another tab. I was just throwing stuff in there that kinda looked like MetaTrader. If you would like to tell me what to name the tabs and what to put it in I'll gladly put everything together, I have alot of free time.

Yeah! Just keep the main page as simple as possible, so we'll take the trades history to another tab, and put a status box (just a rectangle textbox) on the main page.

Well, could somebody donate a really nice logo?

Just to inform, now i'm working on FXFisherman Server, so we have more time discussing the user interface of FXFisherman Client. Feel free to share your idea!

This is the first shot of the very first draft of FX Fisherman Client. Please help me find missing points.

I'll explain a bit abou the screenshot. There are two "connection" buttons: connect/disconnect to broker and FXFisherman Server.

Files:

I'm thinking the logo could at least partially play off the fact that "Fish" and "Finance" both start with "Fi"... so you could have words going perpendicular from the F maybe or something like that and then maybe show a Fisherman or fishing net containing some hard-earned currency.. a stack of bills perhaps . But also it might be nice to somehow show those bills being contributed to some needful individual... not sure how to do that just yet.

As far as the rest of the user interface it sounds like you did a good job of identifying the main elements -- open orders / trades / status, area for placing new orders, area for configuration, etc. One approach would be to put each of those "functional areas" on a separate tabbed pane of the UI. Then the user just clicks the desired tab and gets to work. I think maybe you shouldn't worry too much about exactly how it looks for the first cut... iterative development approaches are good. So you just come out with a rough version initially, present it to the group (even tho' it may be far from final form), and then comments and changes can quickly evolve from there hopefully.

Those are just a couple ideas.

[whoops.. I see I was replying to the original sticky post about the UI and hadn't yet completely read all the replies.. eheh... I see that the initial cut did indeed have some tabs and such... looks pretty good actually.. can always evolve from there....]

scorpion:
Hi! Now i'm partly writing FXFisherman Client's user interface. I've been thinking from time to time of how fxfisherman's logo and user interface should look like, but I couldn't even picture the sizes and shapes of those things, since i'm not really a graphic designer. I always expect a really kewl design of the robot. Don't you? About the logo, I think it should relates to fisherman and finance. What do you think? Can you picture it? tell me. And about the interface of fxfisherman client, it is quite simple. Firstly, it has a list of open trades and orders. Secondly, it has a few buttons for user to intervene such as closing a trade, closing all trades, and starting stopping the robot. Thirdly, it has a status box which tells user of what is going on and what user needs to do to fix current problems, etc. Forthly, it has a separated window for user to configure the robot such as setting both broker and fxfisherman logins information, setting the trade size, and setting the maximum balance of all trades. These are things that I can think of, so what do you think? How do you want those look like? I think that's it, and I can't wait to hear your suggestions. I would really appreciate your helps. Scorpion

All day i tried to come up with some critics, but could not think of anything . As i can assume from your screenshot , the client is quite functional, and provides all the neccesary information in a convinient way, as it should. So i think everything is fine, althou we did not see other tabs.

And also i wanted to ask, will FXF have some money management strategies? And if not , will it be trading only one lot all the time, or someone can pick the amount of lots ( user, or server operator ) ?

If there are none, here is an experiment in excel that might help...

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://members.aon.at/tips/moneyManExperiment.htm

Yes, there is money management in fxfisherman client. You can set the trade size, SL, TP and Slippage. In addition, you can even select a trading system that you like from a list. Tell me if you like more options.

Trader12, you're right about fxfisherman logo. "F" is the most appropriate word the logo (Fish, Fisherman, Finance, Forex), but I'd rather like to have the logo pure in graphic, since "F" is restricted to English.

Like you mention, the logo should contain a fishing net/rod and money note.

Reason: