New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1090 - page 3

Meng Yin Teoh:

I reported an iCustom bug that caused a memory leak and unexpected return value for my EA.

Thank god it is now fixed.

Yeah, that is exactly how you should deal with a commercial product that manages billions of dollars:

Just get down on your knees and pray... 

Hercs:

Oh my gosh, who taught you manners?

If you have the simplest of understanding of the English language, you will see that "unable" means " that one cannot complete the task at hand" which in turns means that when I "touch and hold another currency under Market Watch with my mouse and drag that currency across onto the existing currency and drop the selected currency, it does not change the first currency onto which I dropped it."

Simple explanation just in case you were unaware that it could be done, prior to the latest upgrade, if my first Template shows USDJPY and I want to change that to GBPJPY as an example, I select GBPJPY under Market watch, hold down the left mouse button and drag the GBPJPY currency over onto the current USDJPY template.

This is no longer available.

Am I connected? What a laugh!! It does not matter whether you are connected to the internet. MT4 does it in off-line mode aswell.

#2. "makes no sense" - again a rude assumption which you may have to learn to discard if you want to live happily for the rest of your life. If you carry on insulting people the way you do, you will soon become a "one-man-island" and die a lonely death.

The tabs at the bottom of my screen will show how many templates I have open. Let us say 4 and I decide that I would rather have the present #1 in position #4, all you have to do is hold the left mouse button down when the curzor is on #1 and drag it gently across to the present #4 position and let go. Immediately the previous #2 becomes #1 and the previous #1 becomes #4.

I trust this meest with you basic understanding of English and the operations of MT4.

Best wishes.

Hi, worked for me, for both cases that u encountered, same version 1090. Did u try on local PC vs VPS?

if local PC worked or VPS worked but the other didnt, try to run mt4 with admin rights. Not sure whether it will work this way (with admin rights)

i was able to do both without running mt4 with admin rights, also I just confirmed it work on VPS as well

(ie. a) drag a cur on market watch onto another cur, and it will go on top/below depending on where u drop it

b) drag a cur onto an existing chart and it changes to that cur)

Hello,

MetaTrader 4 for Windows has a useful function.

When I put the mouse on SL line automatically open window with information: How many pips is SL and also amount that we will lose. For me this is very useful information.

Unfortunately this function is missing on Mobile version (Android) of   MetaTrader 4.

Is it possible when we click on SL line on  Mobile version to open the new window with the same information (How many pips is your SL and also amount that we will lose). Somethink  like we click on resistance/support  line.

There seems to be a system wide issue downloading some indicators and experts

2017.06.10 14:32:38.897 MQL4 Market: failed download product 'XXXX XXXX' [500]

This is another failure of the delivery mechanism that is not connected with a new release

Let's hope someone picks this up before Monday

UPDATE 2017.06.10  18:17 BST:

This has since escalated to a system wide issue.  Currently you cannot download ANY demos or purchased products

Download problem market MT4 after migrating to new VPS
Download problem market MT4 after migrating to new VPS
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I mirgrated to a new VPS and installed MT4 and configured all options and connected to my accounts...

James Cater:

There seems to be a system wide issue downloading some indicators and experts

2017.06.10 14:32:38.897 MQL4 Market: failed download product 'XXXX XXXX' [500]

This is yet another serious failure of the delivery mechanism that is not connected with a new release

Let's hope someone picks this up before Monday

UPDATE 2017.06.10  18:17 BST:

This has since escalated to a system wide issue.  Currently you cannot download ANY demos or purchased products

Error 500 is an server issue.

Alain Verleyen:
Error 500 is an server issue.

Ok, so maybe the server has gone offline. Been like that for several hours.

Oops!

Hi, trailing stop for short positions is not working anymore, although keeps working for long positions.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem with the latest MT4 Build 1090 ?

paul.forextrade:

Hi, trailing stop for short positions is not working anymore, although keeps working for long positions.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem with the latest MT4 Build 1090 ?

Is this the platform's trailing stop or an EA trailing stop?

If an EA it is most likely that you are not using an initial stop and that there is no code to cope with when the SL is zero.

Keith Watford:

Is this the platform's trailing stop or an EA trailing stop?

If an EA it is most likely that you are not using an initial stop and that there is no code to cope with when the SL is zero.

Dear Keith, it's an EA and your suggestion it's exactly the solution! I've set an initial SL and now the trailing stop works fine. It was my fault, not MT4 latest build 1090.

But the strange thing is that it was working fine just for long positions even before....

Thank you so much. Bye!

Paul

James Cater:

Ok, so maybe the server has gone offline. Been like that for several hours.

Oops!

About this error 500...

Try it now. One of the services was temporarily disabled.

Reason: