Indicator Modification - page 3

krasitod:
Hi Mladen,

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks again for the help.

Good

As far as clock (timer) is concerned, you might consider using this one instead (you shall see from the post why) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page116

happy trading

good indicator

Hello Mladen. First need to commend your selfless efforts in this site. It is beyond great. Mrtools as well. Can never hope to be as great as you guys.

I have a request to make. Could you help me modify this indicator so that an arrow appears when the indicator line crosses the 0.3 horizontal line below and the 0.7 horizontal line above. Many thanks in advance.demarker.mq4

Files:
demarker.mq4  4 kb

Torchwavy:
Hello Mladen. First need to commend your selfless efforts in this site. It is beyond great. Mrtools as well. Can never hope to be as great as you guys. I have a request to make. Could you help me modify this indicator so that an arrow appears when the indicator line crosses the 0.3 horizontal line below and the 0.7 horizontal line above. Many thanks in advance.demarker.mq4

Hello Torchwavy, hope you don't mind used a version of Demarker that Mladen had simplified code wise awhile back, this version you can have a choice of Ma to be used in the Demarker calculation. If you want it to match the Demarker you posted just leave the DeMarkerMaMode = MODE_SMA.

Mrtools, manifold thanks for your quick response. I least expected it. However, I backtested it but the indicator did not work. I don't know why. The MA line was just flat and did not respond to price action. I toyed with the settings to no avail. Other indicators work perfectly in backtest. What could be the problem? Once again many thanks for your invaluable help.

Torchwavy:
Mrtools, manifold thanks for your quick response. I least expected it. However, I backtested it but the indicator did not work. I don't know why. The MA line was just flat and did not respond to price action. I toyed with the settings to no avail. Other indicators work perfectly in backtest. What could be the problem? Once again many thanks for your invaluable help.

Torchwavy

What ma line are you mentioning? There is no ma line in DeMarker indicator. Would you mind explaining a bit more

The ma mode in the parameter refers to how DeMarker is calculated (tested it in backtest, and all works as it is supposed to work)

Thank you Mladen. I was referring to the line that crosses the overbought and oversold levels of the indicator. The oscillator line if I may call it that. It is just flat. No matter the mode I put it it doesn't show any readings...just flat. Again, since you say it works fine in backtest I suspect it is programmed for the mt4 build 600 which is not what I use. I use the older version. What do you think? Thanks again. To say you guys (you, mladen, and mrtools) are great is a great understatement of the century (not flattering..my plain opinion by observation). Looking forward to hearing from you.

Torchwavy:
Thank you Mladen. I was referring to the line that crosses the overbought and oversold levels of the indicator. The oscillator line if I may call it that. It is just flat. No matter the mode I put it it doesn't show any readings...just flat. Again, since you say it works fine in backtest I suspect it is programmed for the mt4 build 600 which is not what I use. I use the older version. What do you think? Thanks again. To say you guys (you, mladen, and mrtools) are great is a great understatement of the century (not flattering..my plain opinion by observation). Looking forward to hearing from you.

Torchwavy, the indicator should work in older version's too, but since I don't have an older version can't say for sure.

Torchwavy:

I do not use builds older than 600 for at least 1.5 year

This is how it looks on build 788

And this is how it looks on build 796 (which is currently the latest build there is - there is no newer build so far)

As you can see. it works as it should on both builds

All the best

Files:
dem_788.gif  87 kb
dem_796.gif  87 kb

Mrtools and Mladen, I'm very grateful for your time and help. I shall check for the source of the problem and get back to you but then you both have done your best for me as you naturally do for everyone here. You guys are the best!

Reason: