Profits from Renko

Hello forum-friends!

I would like to introduce my Renko-system and yes, i know, it would be the 1000th Renko System

I trade this system for about 5 months now on multiple pairs. Before coming this way, i tried dozens of indicators to filter noise. Now i use only 1 main signal indicator and tried to read/adjust it. Maybe there is some indicator out there that would improve the system.

What i would like to hear are your suggestions/ideas to improve this strategy. I love this strategy because in the end it is simple to read. Please don't attack this system before you tried it!

As you can see in the screenshot below i use only 2 indicators: LS and RenkoAM.

Renko barsize for AUD/USD = 15 with custom LS settings:

And here a screenshot of a recently made transaction. As you can see i traded 'on the job' so i open only 1 big position and follow it. Once it has gained more than 1 Renkobar i move SL to BE. I use the below rules when i open positions and spend my time elsewhere:

=========================================================================================

Entry rules (Always open after the close of a confirmed bar:

Buy

- LS gives a buy (blue arrow) signal

- RenkoAM must be above 5-level

Sell

- LS gives a sell (yellow arrow) signal

- RenkoAM must be above 5-level

Exit rules:

Now here is the most important challenge i had. I used many tactics, EA's, scripts etc.

For some reason it didn't worked out as i hoped. Instead for searching new methods, i use my early demo days tactic.

I open 3 positions at the same time;

1.00 lot, TP: 15, SL: 1 Renkobar (in this case 15. For some pairs i use 2x Renkobars)

0.25 lot, TP: none, SL: LS-line, BE: 1 Renkobar, TS: 1 Renkobar

0.25 lot, TP: none, SL: LS-line, BE: 2 Renkobars, TS: 2 Renkobars

=========================================================================================

Most of the times my biggest lot reaches TP. When it doesn't, the smaller lots have enough room to recover the loss.

It's not perfect but it works for me. I had/have 2 challenges; understand the indicator good in combination with the wright Renko barsize/traded pair and order/moneymanagement for this system.

Hopefully you guys have some good feedback and make this strategy work even better for us!

Thanks,

Angela.

Files:
example.png  88 kb
scrau.png  53 kb

Hello Angela,

Its good to see that people are now taking use of Renko!

BTW, Can you post system's files please? I can't find it and i guess you forgot to attach the files.

Best Regards and Wish you more success,

PrinceWahaj

Hello PrinceWahaj,

Thanks for your nice comment!

Indeed, i forgot to attach the files...

Do notice that there are several RenkoChart builders but i use not the latest version. For some reason this one give the best results. I'm not a coder but i can imagine that it is very hard/frustrating to code a smooth Renko builder icw MT4.

Also i noticed that you have a nice and good thread going regarding Renko .

Nice setup! Maybe we could combine or share some best practices?

Wish you the best,

Angela.

Hereby:

01_renkolivechart_v3.303_indicator.ex4

levelstop.mq4

renkoam_v2.0.mq4

Hello Angela,

Thank you for posting the indicators and this system too.

I would surely try to combine it with RPS, to increase the power of both systems by combining them and i would see if it is possible! I would let you know here if i find something useful!

Best Regards and Wishing You Happy Week-end,

PrinceWahaj

Angela born in 1985, not bad for Renko trader. I found out that the old Renko EAs and indicators are not trust-able on the new builds after the golden 509 and templates even worse! I applied .tpl to offline chart and later deleted one indicator from the chart. It worked but when I next time opened the chart indicator was back.

Cheers Hermes

Hello PrinceWahaj,

Thanks, you have also a good weekend!

I'm very curious about combining powerfull systems! Please keep me updated

Hello hermes,

I noticed your experiences as well. I try to let it run on the vps and never reboot it

Combining EA's and several indi's are sometimes killing in combination with Renko & the current MT4 build

For some of you who have pm'ed me regarding any screenshots of live trades for example, see the picture below.

Some of you questioned my entry/exit method. Sure, i have tried PC, JS, L2L etc but the above works for me. In the screenshot you can see another exit approach. I will explain it:

You can see 5 trades i've made on the EUR/JPY, Renko barsize 15.

I use 3 lot for the standard TP: 1 Renko and SL: 2 Renko (EUR/JPY can be very fluctuant on reversals)

I use a second 1 lot and let it run until a reversed signal appeared or when it (almost)hits the upper red/ lower blue band. As you can see and calculate, i had 4 (60 pips) winners and 1 (30 pips) loser with my biggest lot. Regarding the small lots... well, just count the bars

REMEMBER, i'm still testing this method! Until now it is very profitable but i am more certain when i tested something for ~ 4 months.

I really hope that we can manage to improve this system/entry/exit -rules or to program an EA for it.

Please notice once again that the MM and entry/exit -rules are more important than this system.

Have a nice weekend guys!

Greets,

Angela.

Files:
eurjpym2.png  37 kb

Hello Angela,

thank you very much for sharing your system!

I am currently working on automatic FX trading, but if manual trading is the way to make solid profits...

Could you please me tell if you trade profitable with your Renko system?

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

Thomas

Renko can be very profitable but you have to sit and stare on the screen (or have an alert on color change) looking for reversal which can be very quick. I have very good results with 30 pips bricks because they don't move too fast. Easy manageable.

Hermes

tfi_markets:
Hello Angela,

thank you very much for sharing your system!

I am currently working on automatic FX trading, but if manual trading is the way to make solid profits...

Could you please me tell if you trade profitable with your Renko system?

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I can see that your question is already answered in her first post. She said that she is using the system from last 5 months and it brings a lot of profits for her. Some weak points about Exit but its a most tough part of any system which will not come without a lot of hard works and struggle.

Seriously, i was also looking for any EA which can bring profits automatically for me but... i found nothing, i just found that manual systems are best because of humans nature. About Profitable Trades, In manual systems, everyone's results will be different because everyone trade with different styles, different thoughts and with different targets.

To Angela,

It shouldn't be a problem about Exit strategy, you will not find it easily, the best way to master the exit points is to trade on demo account with different tactics, use your discretion, find where pivot points are and make your targets based on the market's conditions. Fix targets can help also but you have to use discretion to avoid false trades.

Best Regards and Best Wishes,

PrinceWahaj

princewahaj:
Hello Thomas,

I can see that your question is already answered in her first post. She said that she is using the system from last 5 months and it brings a lot of profits for her. Some weak points about Exit but its a most tough part of any system which will not come without a lot of hard works and struggle.

Seriously, i was also looking for any EA which can bring profits automatically for me but... i found nothing, i just found that manual systems are best because of humans nature. About Profitable Trades, In manual systems, everyone's results will be different because everyone trade with different styles, different thoughts and with different targets.

To Angela,

It shouldn't be a problem about Exit strategy, you will not find it easily, the best way to master the exit points is to trade on demo account with different tactics, use your discretion, find where pivot points are and make your targets based on the market's conditions. Fix targets can help also but you have to use discretion to avoid false trades.

Best Regards and Best Wishes,

PrinceWahaj

Hello PrinceWahaj,

thank you very much for your answer. That would have been exactly my next question: which automatic trading system EA would be recommendable for automatic trading? I am doing quite some research and development about automatic trading, but until now I was not able to find a real profitable system. Even when it looked good in backtest, the real results may differ from the testing.

With kind regards,

Thomas

princewahaj:
Hello Angela,

Its good to see that people are now taking use of Renko!

BTW, Can you post system's files please? I can't find it and i guess you forgot to attach the files.

Best Regards and Wish you more success,

PrinceWahaj

I am going to test the system and post the results when I will be able to do so (restriction by admins)

Reason: