New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 288

tropicalrecon:
As always, thank you for your time!

and i hope this will be work too.

ss_supportresistance_v01_m_mtf_1.mq4

tropicalrecon:

Hey Mladen, These two indicators don't work on mt4, would you have a better recommendation for mtf supply and demand?

#SS_SupportResistance_v01_m mtf.mq4

SS_SupportResistance_v04b.mq4

This is a newer version, maybe it will be useful to someone.

ss_supportresistance_v07.mq4

Files:

mrtools:

This is a newer version, maybe it will be useful to someone.

ss_supportresistance_v07.mq4

Dearest MRTOOLS,

thanks,of course newer ver is useful to all of us who needs.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MRTOOLS,

thanks,of course newer ver is useful to all of us who needs.

regards

Yes, I agree with Mntiwana. Thank You.

mladen:

andreatrade

No. First of all, the first parameter must be a string (not a number) - that will cause a direct error in reloading the indicator over and over. The second is that we are already calling the iCustom() in the target time frame - no need to try to force it to recognize that time frame again. And empty string in that case passed as a value of the first parameter will do just fine and will do it in the most efficient way

But I have a feeling that you are looking in a wrong buffer. First buffer has values all the time. Second does not (it has values only when the slope is down, and you should not use that buffer - because f the way how nrp is treated - but much better to use the 4th buffer (the "trend"buffer ) and then you shall always have the exact value of the trend

PPS: now I saw that there is an extra 30 in that call. This is the correct call to get values from that trend buffer :

double PercB_Smooth_Trend = iCustom(Symbol(),30,"Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc","",20,0,2,1.0,false,3,1);

Tested it and all works OK

Thanks mladen....it works.

Is there a dema that can be placed on a chart in the form of a histogram? This would have the effect of colouring in the bottom half of the chart under the dema.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS - like this one below - the black being the dema.

like this one below - the black being the dema.

Tried to download an illustration but it will not load - all it shows is a DEMA with the colouring under the DEMA rather than a line. eSignal have this facility and it is called 'histo' mode (rather than line or dot etc)

Anyone help?

TEAMTRADER

Lake Trader:
Yes it seems to work as indicator -- but when converting to use within EA -- not so much --- this is the answer I am getting from the EA app group --- "Custom indicators used in any EA must be programmed in the new MQL4 language. Old, incompatible indicators include the functions init() and start(), whereas new indicators include the functions OnInit() and OnCalculate()." ??? Any help and/or direction much appreciated -- Thx

Please post your iCustom() call - what you are telling about OnInit() and OnCalculate() has no affect at all on how the indicator works when called, and that indicator is perfectly new metatrader 4 compatible (making it use new format of OnInit() and OnCalculate() is not what makes it new metatrader 4 compatible, as it is obvious). What can be, and almost sure is, a problem is a wrong iCustom() call

mladen:
Please post your iCustom() call - what you are telling about OnInit() and OnCalculate() has no affect at all on how the indicator works when called, and that indicator is perfectly new metatrader 4 compatible (making it use new format of OnInit() and OnCalculate() is not what makes it new metatrader 4 compatible, as it is obvious). What can be, and almost sure is, a problem is a wrong iCustom() call

Dearest MLADEN,

some where i already asked but nobody replied and explained,can you be so kind as already to guide me.......i saw with some indicators,mentioned "for EA" or EA version indicator or this indicator is EA compatible.

my question is,if for EAs,indicators are coded differently or some of indicators needs this way coding or some kind of EAs requirs,indicators should be coded differently only for EAs .............. what is the actual story....thanks.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

some where i already asked but nobody replied and explained,can you be so kind as already to guide me.......i saw with some indicators,mentioned "for EA" or EA version indicator or this indicator is EA compatible.

my question is,if for EAs,indicators are coded differently or some of indicators needs this way coding or some kind of EAs requirs,indicators should be coded differently only for EAs .............. what is the actual story....thanks.

regards

mntiwana

The "forEA" indicators that you can find at forex-tsd forum are indicators that are made to do the job as efficiently as it is possible. All the un-necessary things removed from the code for that case. There is no other reason why they are made so - no "compatibility issues" or anything similar - plain and simply they were made to enable EA to work as fast as possible

Reason: