Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 65

Tzuman:
It's no different than 509 which has the same "problem". I think it may be intentional.

In this beta, if you load one custom indicator on main chart with default parameters and then try to load that same indicator (and eventually change parameters) you are blocked - the indicator does not start at all (you can not load a next instance with any parameters).

It is different than in metatarder 4 build 509 where if the parameters are not changed from the one already on the chart it ignores it, but if the parameters are different then you can load as many instances as you wish

checkin:
People, some things that are specific for metatrader 5 are not going to be implemented in metatrader 4 at all. According to one answer from renat the main reason why metatrader 4 is upgraded is signals market, not something else (like improvement of the trading platform, good forbid)

This whole circus for signals selling? Fantastic ...

techmac:
This whole circus for signals selling? Fantastic ...

More or less that was stated at the metaquotes site

I don't think that it is the exclusive reason, but it is a big part of the upgrade (they want a unified signals market I guess). That was foreseeable from the disagreement with signal providers like zulu trade and similar ones

So far they have shown that they are exclusively driven by profit at any cost (and I mean at any cost) so whatever they say it is the same now too : a few extra $ regardless od what will happen in a year or two. Shortsighted decisions

checkin:
So far they have shown that they are exclusively driven by profit at any cost (and I mean at any cost) so whatever they say it is the same now too : a few extra $ regardless od what will happen in a year or two. Shortsighted decisions

Let's try to add some positive thoughts too (at least during these holidays)

Here is one more indicator that will work in this new metatrader 4 only (it will not work in older metatrader 4). It is an adaptive smoother indicator

Thanks Merry Christmas

techmac:
You mean that the time of code sharing is closing to end? That would not be good

I think so, yes

And that is done by metaquotes not by us (users). Find me a decent peace of code for metatrader 5 at some forum other than TSD (and I mean any forum - including metaquotes). Coders are sick of the things that are done with their code and are less and less posting. Plus, the jobs section of metaquotes site is directly in competition with their public part (and any public posting of code). What do you think which part is metaquotes going to favor? So, regarding metatrader 5, it is not just the bugs and issues of metatrader 5 that are a cause for that lack of code - things are changing and soon the metatrader coding world as we know it will not look anything like what it was in the times when everything was shared

You might be right. Too bad

HI Mladen,

I manage to get the new version of MT4 build 566, however I would like to test some of my old indicator (I only have .ex4) in this new version of MT4, can you please guide me how to load them in new version of MT4.

Reason: