Free EA creation - page 3

hendra_de5:
im watching this tread of earlier when i posting in your tread, sry my english is bad

Let's not call this "my thread", as any mql-er is invited to do these other custom indicators posted here if they wish to do "free EA creation". For me, I specified what I can do and posted one EA based mostly on macd. It's actually not too bad an EA! I've gotten 3 thanks so far! ;-)

mrtools:
Hendra_de5, the Snake indicator is a recalculating indicator, it has been my experience that it gives terrible results in an Ea.

This indicator is very good in my opinion but because I lack discipline so there is still a loss and my emotions are out of control, hoping to use the EA on this indicator and can work in the real world ..

Batchboy:
Let's not call this "my thread", as any mql-er is invited to do these other custom indicators posted here if they wish to do "free EA creation". For me, I specified what I can do and posted one EA based mostly on macd. It's actually not too bad an EA! I've gotten 3 thanks so far! ;-)

hahaha: D

oh yeah in the indicator was also short and long arrows, please use the template to see the full indicator. thanks u so much

sorry for my bad english

Hi,

I am new here and last few days keeping eyes on this forum and I think I am in right place.

Coming to the main point. I have an indicator, I want to get an EA base on this indicator. What is my opinion for the program, I am giving points here.

1. When Strong signal will get for buy, EA will execute one buy volume.

2. When signal will come for minor sell / exit buy, same time buy volume will be closed.

3. When Strong sell signal will come, EA will take one sell volume.

4. When minor buy signal will come / exit sell, same time sell volume will be closed.

5. Suitable for any time frame.

6. Never execute double volume in the same side i.e. buy or sell.

7. Manual input system for volume, stop-loss, alert.

Hope my plan is clear. Here is the indicator.

Advance thanks for review my plan and would highly appreciate if some one help me to get this EA.

Best Regards,

Podmo

Files:

Dear mladen or mrtools or whomever this can appeal to,

I'm interested in having GB run on a custom indicator that is in your view the best chance for gainful trading if it were run by an EA. Preferrably it be one that is dual mql, i.e., one of them does market analysis to adjust the other (such as indies dependent on "CyclePeriod"). Preferrably you have been using it to trade well. And preferrably near zero judgemental factors in interpreting the the indy for trading. Ideal indy might be a fourier analysis that drives the other indy's period? Your call. But best if anyone has used it successfully. GB will find the appropriarlte filter type std indies, but for c-indies it can't vary the period, you will have needed to decide on that in using them beforehand. Yes this would expose your treasured indy, yes it would avail here publically a great EA for free, so wouldn't many of us who searched 'n searched for so long deserve it?

Batchboy:
Dear mladen or mrtools or whomever this can appeal to, I'm interested in having GB run on a custom indicator that is in your view the best chance for gainful trading if it were run by an EA. Preferrably it be one that is dual mql, i.e., one of them does market analysis to adjust the other (such as indies dependent on "CyclePeriod"). Preferrably you have been using it to trade well. And preferrably near zero judgemental factors in interpreting the the indy for trading. Ideal indy might be a fourier analysis that drives the other indy's period? Your call. But best if anyone has used it successfully. GB will find the appropriarlte filter type std indies, but for c-indies it can't vary the period, you will have needed to decide on that in using them beforehand. Yes this would expose your treasured indy, yes it would avail here publically a great EA for free, so wouldn't many of us who searched 'n searched for so long deserve it?

Batchboy

In order not to repeat myself, please read this post : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page263#comment_657151

I used indicator "web trand mountain" from "post something interesting here" thread in having GeneticBuilder make me an EA out of it.

I attached the EA and the indicator and the .set. It doubles the acct from 2/28/20 'til now with dd = 15% for 1mini per Thou.

I think the rate of wins with sparing lossers seems equally sparsing, so even though it is only 67% winners it seems one could wait in tester for a loser and then go live for next 2-4 winners. You could also do optimization should market changes arrive.

The formula is a combo of the trend mountain outputs and the bars back highs and lows. If you play it video-wise in tester its convincing it can manage the retracements of the oscillators highs and lows despite trend continuing for the losers.

Batchboy:
I used indicator "web trand mountain" from "post something interesting here" thread in having GeneticBuilder make me an EA out of it.

I attached the EA and the indicator and the .set. It doubles the acct from 2/28/20 'til now with dd = 15% for 1mini per Thou.

I think the rate of wins with sparing lossers seems equally sparsing, so even though it is only 67% winners it seems one could wait in tester for a loser and then go live for next 2-4 winners. You could also do optimization should market changes arrive.

The formula is a combo of the trend mountain outputs and the bars back highs and lows. If you play it video-wise in tester its convincing it can manage the retracements of the oscillators highs and lows despite trend continuing for the losers.

Batchboy

What was the testing time frame?

Thanks Batchboy,

If I am not mistaken, your web_trend indicator is macd. Could you let us know what time frame you tested on and what pair you used for testing? Did you have 67% winners out of sample?

Genetic Builder is very interesting and I have downloaded the trial. In the end I modified the exporter I use to output data and indicators to rapidminer to output data to Genetic Builder. The process is outlined in the thread below.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181252

Still, it is very tedious to import custom indicators that use many buffers especially as there is no way to save the import parameters like you can in rapidminer. You have to define the icustom for each buffer and every indicator, every time you import data. I hope that in future versions, this limitation will be addressed.

regards,

Alex

techmac:
Batchboy What was the testing time frame?

Sorry about that, tf=15min.

hughesfleming:
Thanks Batchboy,

If I am not mistaken, your web_trend indicator is macd. Could you let us know what time frame you tested on and what pair you used for testing? Did you have 67% winners out of sample?

Genetic Builder is very interesting and I have downloaded the trial. In the end I modified the exporter I use to output data and indicators to rapidminer to output data to Genetic Builder. The process is outlined in the thread below.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181252

Still, it is very tedious to import custom indicators that use many buffers especially as there is no way to save the import parameters like you can in rapidminer. You have to define the icustom for each buffer and every indicator, every time you import data. I hope that in future versions, this limitation will be addressed.

regards,

Alex

Apologies, eurusd 15min.

GB is now in beta 2.9, Mark is attempting to automate more parts of the custom indicator section. However fully importing the data from mt4 as he wished to have it do on "automatic" I'm not finding such work yet, so I still have to do it via exporterEA.

Reason: