Make It No Repaint Please! - page 13

Jaquanburton:
Thanks a lot mladen, your explanation makes total sense you've been very helpful. With that being said can you or anyone else who's willing to give it a try make the attached indicator non-repaint with little to no change to the original algorithm. If this is possible thanks a lot in advanced. chandeqstik_v1.mq4

Jaquanburton

It is one of the cases when it can not be done.

The problem is in the QStick formula. Formula for QStick is : average(close-open). As you can see, the close can not be replaced with some other price (open in order to make it no recalculating on a current bar, it would be meaningless since the result would always be 0) so this one can not be changed

mladen:
Jaquanburton

It is one of the cases when it can not be done.

The problem is in the QStick formula. Formula for QStick is : average(close-open). As you can see, the close can not be replaced with some other price (open in order to make it no recalculating on a current bar, it would be meaningless since the result would always be 0) so this one can not be changed

Oh, ok thanks a lot. Another guy on a different forum made a non-repaint version of it but basically it always lagged 1 bar behind which messed up the effectiveness of the indicator.

Jaquanburton:
Oh, ok thanks a lot. Another guy on a different forum made a non-repaint version of it but basically it always lagged 1 bar behind which messed up the effectiveness of the indicator.

It can be done to calculate only the closed bars, but then you are going to have that lag. Since we are not looking for that solution (it is the same as if you exclude the current bar calculation), the solution to apply open price only in calculation can not be applied in this case due to the QStick formula

mladen:
It can be done to calculate only the closed bars, but then you are going to have that lag. Since we are not looking for that solution (it is the same as if you exclude the current bar calculation), the solution to apply open price only in calculation can not be applied in this case due to the QStick formula

Ok, I understand what you mean. Well If there's anything you could do to improve it (i.e. make it repaint less) please don't hesitate. Alone it gives pretty good signals but at times the repaint makes it unusable.

Jaquanburton:
Ok, I understand what you mean. Well If there's anything you could do to improve it (i.e. make it repaint less) please don't hesitate. Alone it gives pretty good signals but at times the repaint makes it unusable.

Hi mladen, is it possible for you to make the two attached indicators non-repaint? Anyone who can make this possible please feel free to do so, and thanks a lot in advanced.

Jaquanburton:
Hi mladen, is it possible for you to make the two attached indicators non-repaint? Anyone who can make this possible please feel free to do so, and thanks a lot in advanced.

Jaquanburton

DeMarker can not be changed

For the dmi adx oscillator set the PriceType to 1 (open)

mladen:
Jaquanburton

Ok thanks mladen.

mladen:
Jaquanburton

Another random question. With the dmi adx oscillator, sometimes at the open of a new bar nothing appears and at the top of the sub-window chart the values of the oscillator disappear. Is this something you can take a look at? It's like the indicator stops working. And this happens to me randomly.

Jaquanburton:
Another random question. With the dmi adx oscillator, sometimes at the open of a new bar nothing appears and at the top of the sub-window chart the values of the oscillator disappear. Is this something you can take a look at? It's like the indicator stops working. And this happens to me randomly.

Jaquanburton

Try out this one

Jaquanburton:

PS: just to clarify to the ones that did not follow the requirements - those 2 indicators are not repainting but Jaquanburtonwants them to have a fixed current bar too (instead of changing current bars values till the bar closes)

Reason: