Hull Moving Average - page 30

mladen:
They tend to lag a lot (if we apply the rule to use only closed bars signals)

yep...that's why I try staying away from multi-timeframe...

@mladen - Thanks got it now.

Just read it that HMA indis repaint. I am actually not sure which ones. I have got one crossover indicator which is attached here, just wanted your help to know if it repaints. Thanks! you are a great help!!

crossover.ex4

crossover.mq4

Edit: The crossover arrow moved. Please check the screenshot. The red vertical line was where arrow was but it moved to next candle. Is this called repainting? Is there a way to make sure arrow does not move?

Files:
crossover.mq4  41 kb
crossover.ex4  162 kb
000432.png  8 kb

neo269:
@mladen - Thanks got it now.

Just read it that HMA indis repaint. I am actually not sure which ones. I have got one crossover indicator which is attached here, just wanted your help to know if it repaints. Thanks! you are a great help!!

crossover.ex4

crossover.mq4

Edit: The crossover arrow moved. Please check the screenshot. The red vertical line was where arrow was but it moved to next candle. Is this called repainting? Is there a way to make sure arrow does not move?

That indicator should not repaint - if it changes the current bar arrow, it is not repainting but a normal indicator behavior

neo269:
Wow! Its exactly what I was looking for. Just a small request. Is it possible to get colored HMA on it. i.e. Red when falling & green when rising so that its easy to identify trend. thanks a lot.!!

Here is a version that changes the color of hull average on slope direction change : bar_chart__hull_2.mq4

Files:

Hi mladen

I am using attached HMA crossover indicator (attached).

I need a function when both HMAs when their color is same, gives me an alert. Is that possible?

Please have a look at the image.

Thanks!

crossover.mq4

crossover.ex4

Files:
crossover.mq4  41 kb
crossover.ex4  162 kb
000439.png  15 kb

neo269:
Hi mladen

I am using attached HMA crossover indicator (attached).

I need a function when both HMAs when their color is same, gives me an alert. Is that possible?

Please have a look at the image.

Thanks!

crossover.mq4

crossover.ex4

neo269

The attached indicator is not what is displayed on picture (the one attached has no color changes on slope changes). Could you please attach the correct one?

oops! My bad

I use 15 & 80 periods with following indicator.

hma-15-same.mq4

hma-15-same.ex4

thanks!

Files:

neo269:
oops! My bad

I use 15 & 80 periods with following indicator.

hma-15-same.mq4

hma-15-same.ex4

thanks!

neo269

Here is a combination of 2 hull averages : hull_average_x_2.ex4

Arrows and alerts are triggered when the slopes are the same (not as in the "simple" version where it is enough to have a slope change - in this one both must go into same direction)

mladen:
neo269

Here is a combination of 2 hull averages : hull_average_x_2.ex4

Arrows and alerts are triggered when the slopes are the same (not as in the "simple" version where it is enough to have a slope change - in this one both must go into same direction)

It be interesting to have an EA around this and run tests? Anyone? If mladen interested and it looks hot, then put in elite for purchases. Thx.

Hmm, no, hot is different. In sideway markets you only loose and this heavily and in trending markets you're always late, like Psar. If you can't stand your money, donate it to someone who needs it, not to your bank.

Reason: