Make It No Repaint Please! - page 12

Jaquanburton:
As most of you know non-repainting indicators can be of particular importance in trading Forex. But, how is this done? For example, if I wanted to make the standard MT4 MACD non-repaint do I just add "stop signal after open of new bar" or something within the code? Keep in mind, I know nothing about coding so if there is something I can copy and paste into the code please don't hesitate to post. Thanks.

Jaquanburton

Standard MACD does not repaint (as long as the current bat is opened it is a subject of changes). If you wish to avoid changes of an indicator while the bar is still opened, you can use open price (if possible) for price and then none of the values should change

mladen:
Jaquanburton Standard MACD does not repaint (as long as the current bat is opened it is a subject of changes). If you wish to avoid changes of an indicator while the bar is still opened, you can use open price (if possible) for price and then none of the values should change

Thanks alot mladen for the response. As for indicators that you can't alter the price, if I use Metaeditor and go directly into the code is there a certain phrase like "open price" that I need to place in a specific location?

Jaquanburton:
Thanks alot mladen for the response. As for indicators that you can't alter the price, if I use Metaeditor and go directly into the code is there a certain phrase like "open price" that I need to place in a specific location?

Jaquanburton

Sometimes you can do a simple change (for example replace Close with Open) but if it is not in the parameters as an option, chances are that it is more complicated than just replacing it that way (some are simply not possible to make to work on open price only)

Demos6:
Here is a indicator with a repainting problem, could someone, fix it?

The problem is that the signals are created in every tick instead the closed bar. Even after that problem solve I don't know if doesn't repaints, because it seems to good to be true, and if is to good to be true...

Thank you in advance.

nobody care to check this request out?

drunkpips:
nobody care to check this request out?

When it is made a non-repaint (which is a lesser problem) and when it is made to calculate in the correct direction then it looks nothing like the one that does the calculation in a wrong direction (it reminds of sidus in that way). Here is a non-repainting and correctly calculated version, but do not expect it to be the same as the original, since they are not

PS: option to calculate on closed bars only added too

Thanks bro and merry xmas to you and the family

drunkpips:
Thanks bro and merry xmas to you and the family

To you too But as you see the indicator values are completely different when coded in the correct way (so not a very good xmas present after all )

mladen:
To you too But as you see the indicator values are completely different when coded in the correct way (so not a very good xmas present after all )

i appreciate the reminder while i await the very good present

drunkpips:
i appreciate the reminder while i await the very good present

The biggest present we could get is to have this new metatrader 4 beta buggles - but then, that might be too big a wish

mladen:
Jaquanburton Sometimes you can do a simple change (for example replace Close with Open) but if it is not in the parameters as an option, chances are that it is more complicated than just replacing it that way (some are simply not possible to make to work on open price only)

Thanks a lot mladen, your explanation makes total sense you've been very helpful. With that being said can you or anyone else who's willing to give it a try make the attached indicator non-repaint with little to no change to the original algorithm. If this is possible thanks a lot in advanced.

chandeqstik_v1.mq4

Files:
Reason: