Price Trapping Strategy - page 5

Shunmas:
Hi Timur !

OK here's the word.

If you analyse the Detailed Statement (the one you posted), you'll see that loss trades are 70% and profit trades are 30%, which means the loss trades were made in ranging market, which stems from the fact that market ranges/consolidates 80% of the time and trends 20% of the time so that is proved from the statement.

Secondly, the largest profit trade is $324 and largest loss trade is $90, which is because of increased (multiplied) lot size, which is one of the main features of this EA.

CUT........

A grid can be successfully traded through an EA with lower lot size on pairs such as USD/JPY, which has much lower margin requirement compared to many others such as GBP/JPY.

That's just an idea, what you think of it mate ?

Regards,

Shunmas

Shunmas,

Good Idea, sure I can make an EA using this strategy, this is almost like SuperTrap with Hedging setting, let me think about it for a bit on it, we need to think about the worst scenario, what if the market is trending, what are we going to do with the wrong position trade, one answer is like what you mentioned, we multiply the lot size to cover the loss of the wrong position trade, but who knows that the higher lot size position will be in profit, the market can reverse and creating a bigger loss from the higher lot size position, then we need to open the opposite position with even higher lot size, until the net profit is positive. This is exactly what SuperTrap is doing with the Hedging setting.

Any way, I'll try to make an EA based on this, see if we can improve it later...

Regards,

Tumir66

Thanks for your kind reply Tumir.

Yes you see now the positive and negative results are being jotted down from a simple idea. You got that right who knows market is going to trend or not. In plain terms, we can use MA 180 on H1 to see the overall trend.

Even with your Super_Trap system, the whole idea is to generate enough pips per day, which will give us good returns per day as a whole. That won't be bad at all and a win-win for traders like us and alike.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shunmas

Trend or Consolidation/Range

Hi Tumir !

Here is the image, where you'll find Trend (both up and down) and range/consolidation movements:

You see the first blue-circled area, that is range and then the red-circled area both downwards and upwards, that's trend. So they can be detected using SMA 120 both on M1 (short-term) and H1 (intermediate to long-term).

Files:

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir !

Here is the image, where you'll find Trend (both up and down) and range/consolidation movements:

You see the first blue-circled area, that is range and then the red-circled area both downwards and upwards, that's trend. So they can be detected using SMA 120 both on M1 (short-term) and H1 (intermediate to long-term).

Shunmas,

I'll try if MA filter can be incorporated in SuperTrap EA.

Here is another successful trade on GBPUSD

1. Buy @1.6166 SL @1.6146, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.01 Lots = -$2

2. Sell @1.6146 SL @1.6166, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.02 Lots = -$4

3. Buy @1.6166 TP @1.6226, Profit : +60 Pips @ 0.04 Lots = +$24

Net Profit: +$18

Will see the next trade..

tumir66:
Shunmas,

I'll try if MA filter can be incorporated in SuperTrap EA.

Here is another successful trade on GBPUSD

1. Buy @1.6166 SL @1.6146, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.01 Lots = -$2

2. Sell @1.6146 SL @1.6166, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.02 Lots = -$4

3. Buy @1.6166 TP @1.6226, Profit : +60 Pips @ 0.04 Lots = +$24

Net Profit: +$18

Hi Tumir !

Nice one.

Here are my follow up questions:

1. Which settings are you using for these trades as above (3) trades ?

2. Since my broker's time is GMT + 2, Should I use 10 in inputs ?

3. Your first trade lot size is 0.01, should we change it from inputs to make it to desired lot size so that the next 2 trades will automatically use higher size ?

4. Which broker you using, 4-digit or 5-digit, are there settings that must be changed on-the-fly for 5-digit broker such as HotForex ?

Thanks for your help.

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir !

Nice one.

Here are my follow up questions:

1. Which settings are you using for these trades as above (3) trades ?

2. Since my broker's time is GMT + 2, Should I use 10 in inputs ?

3. Your first trade lot size is 0.01, should we change it from inputs to make it to desired lot size so that the next 2 trades will automatically use higher size ?

4. Which broker you using, 4-digit or 5-digit, are there settings that must be changed on-the-fly for 5-digit broker such as HotForex ?

Thanks for your help.

Shunmas,

Use the default setting of SuperTrap_R52,the above trade is in demo GMT+0 (FXCM 5 digits, but on the above I dropped the last digit). SuperTrap is designed for both 4 and 5 digits broker. No setting should be changed on the fly. If your broker's time is GMT+2, then change it to 14. Lot size is adjusted by Multiplier1 and Multiplier2, Multiplier2 will be used after x number of stop loss determined by Lot.Shift.Level, leave it to default setting, but if you want to adjust it, that's OK, as long as it is not below 1.6, it will be a loosing trade. You see, this 2 multipliers number can be optimized, for instance, normally the first trade is a loss, but the lot size is small, the more loosing trade, the higher probability that the price will breakout (end of consolidation), when the price does breakout we need to have a bigger lot size, so you can reverse Multiplier1 with lower number than Multiplier2. Again, who knows what will happen to the market, no setting fits for all conditions, as long as the winning trade is still higher than the loosing trade, that's good enough for me ...at least.

Happy Trading and Happy New Year.

Just another successful trade on GBPUSD

1. Sell @1.6307 TP @1.6267, Profit : +40 Pips.

Hi Tumir !

Nice results. I just made a small profit of $1.48 on USDJPY (Continuous Trading = True).

Can you please tell me one more time Star.Time for the following (I will also change the magic # for each pair also):

For Australian Session - AUD USD

For Japanese Session - USD JPY

For London Session - EUR USD

For US Session - GBP USD

My Broker is GMT +2 (which I think is the time the EA will start with reference to broker's time)

My country GMT + 3 (Which I think is irrelevant with regards to Price Trapper)

Thanks for your help.

Happy Piping

Shunmas,

Here is the link to see the forexmarket hours

http://www.forexmarkethours.com/

1. Australian Session 22:00 GMT

2. Japanese Session 00:00 GMT

3. London Session 08:00 GMT

4. US Session 13:00 GMT

So, just add your Broker's Time to the Start.Hours above.

Happy trading.

Regard,

Tumir66

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir !

Nice results. I just made a small profit of $1.48 on USDJPY (Continuous Trading = True).

Can you please tell me one more time Star.Time for the following (I will also change the magic # for each pair also):

For Australian Session - AUD USD

For Japanese Session - USD JPY

For London Session - EUR USD

For US Session - GBP USD

My Broker is GMT +2 (which I think is the time the EA will start with reference to broker's time)

My country GMT + 3 (Which I think is irrelevant with regards to Price Trapper)

Thanks for your help.

Happy Piping

Today's trade on GBPUSD

1. Buy 0.01 Lots @ 1.62571, SL @ 1.62371, Profit : -20 pips.

2. Sell 0.02 Lots @ 1.62371, SL @ 1.61971, Profit : +60 pips.

So far so good, let's see the next trade...

Reason: