NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 5

ValeoFX:
Hello ND,

What I have done is to select M5 in stead of M15-TF to see if there would be a better response, but to no avail. Probably because the EA was "hard coded" so that my changes made to M5 had no effect on the trades? Maybe MrTools can comment on this?

The EA still takes trades completely "out of sync" to me. I attach 2 examples for you and MrTools to peruse.

Also, note the accuracy of the RSi to show you that these entries were not good.

The fact that the trade is opened against the flow of traffic is a concern and taking one to rather large negative territory, does not appeal to me.

In the second picture you will see me testing the Parabolic SAR where Yellow is set to 0,004 + 0,2 and Aqua version @ 0,0019 // 0,2. Visually it works beautifully on the Aqua settings. Would like to put it to the test though.

As far as the Trailing Stop is concerned, I like it very much for one reason only and that is that it starts when one gets into profit territory. Your suggestion further up should be enclosed at the very first opportunity.

My account is positive, but with these negatives against it, it remains just a tool for now.

Hoping that you can come up with some suggestions to MrTools so that we can start the new week off with something better than what we have at present.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Also i have the same problem. does not open positions following the rules. Sometimes it seems to open position reversed.

Now i stop to test this ea until the problem will be fixed.

However thank you for share it.

dasio:
Also i have the same problem. does not open positions following the rules. Sometimes it seems to open position reversed.

Now i stop to test this ea until the problem will be fixed.

However thank you for share it.

Hello Dasio,

First to you,ValeoFX,and Newdigital, Thanks for your testing and feedback!!!!!

Could you please show me some chart examples where the Ea is not following the rules, and please your settings at the time, it will help me to narrow down the problem.Just for more information have added the rsi and parabolic sar filters, just testing to make sure they are working then if good will post.

Your request

Hello MrTools,

As per your request, I will rather post my "preset" for you to look at. I have already posted examples of where the trades were opened against the rules as I understand them, but the last 2 posts were different in the sense that I changed the TF from 15 to M5 for the Ichimoku, but it made no difference as I indicated above. Has it got to do with the "hard coding" of ND's way of trading perhaps?

I like ND's suggestion of the Parabolic SAR and from what I see visually, made a big difference. When you tweak the EA, make it an option to use or not use the Ichimoku, plse. What I do like immensely is the way that the stop moves once in credit. Is this the same as the Stop-loss that ND was referring to higher up, or is it just the "ordinary" one as used by the platform itself.

Best wishes for a great weekend. I will check in some time over the weekend to read your respective replies.

Sincerely,

Files:

ValeoFX:
Hello MrTools,

As per your request, I will rather post my "preset" for you to look at. I have already posted examples of where the trades were opened against the rules as I understand them, but the last 2 posts were different in the sense that I changed the TF from 15 to M5 for the Ichimoku, but it made no difference as I indicated above. Has it got to do with the "hard coding" of ND's way of trading perhaps?

I like ND's suggestion of the Parabolic SAR and from what I see visually, made a big difference. When you tweak the EA, make it an option to use or not use the Ichimoku, plse. What I do like immensely is the way that the stop moves once in credit. Is this the same as the Stop-loss that ND was referring to higher up, or is it just the "ordinary" one as used by the platform itself.

Best wishes for a great weekend. I will check in some time over the weekend to read your respective replies.

Sincerely,

Hello ValeoFX,

In your chart pictures are the Ichimoku's are they set on the higher time frame, or just the chart time frame?

My Chart pictures

mrtools:
Hello ValeoFX, In your chart pictures are the Ichimoku's are they set on the higher time frame, or just the chart time frame?

========================

Hello MrTools,

As mentioned, they are set to M-5 after the M-15 clearly did not work. I also changed the setting on the EA, but it made no difference, hence my suggestion that it could be because ND's settings are hard coded.

Wishing you a successful week ahead.

Best regards,

Hi ValeoFX,

For visualization on the chart (to check about how EA is trading and when/why it opened the trades) - standard Ichimoku indicator can not be used on the chart because this indicator is not MTF, this indicator is for current timeframe only. Of course, it can be used as MTF inside the code of the EA. But to attach to the chart in MTF way (to check how EA is trading) - we need just other indicator - Ichimoku-mtf for example (attached).

Please find template for visualization (make sure that you have Ichimoku-mtf and Parabolic SAR 2 in indicators' folder).

MrTools provided new version for me on Friday evening so I am forward testing it for now with same settings + I use Parabolic SAR. Results are good one but it is for half a day only:

Thank you ND

newdigital:
Hi ValeoFX,

For visualization on the chart (to check about how EA is trading and when/why it opened the trades) - standard Ichimoku indicator can not be used on the chart because this indicator is not MTF, this indicator is for current timeframe only. Of course, it can be used as MTF inside the code of the EA. But to attach to the chart in MTF way (to check how EA is trading) - we need just other indicator - Ichimoku-mtf for example (attached).

Please find template for visualization (make sure that you have Ichimoku-mtf and Parabolic SAR 2 in indicators' folder).

MrTools provided new version for me on Friday evening so I am forward testing it for now with same settings + I use Parabolic SAR. Results are good one but it is for half a day only:

==============

Hello ND,

The Ichimoku on my chart is in fact a MTF version namely "MTF_Ichimoku_v1dark1" and the Parabolic is not SAR 2, so I will change the indicators according to your suggestions above. I thank you for your kind consideration.

I will run the template attached with immediate effect and let you know how it performs.

Best regards,

Hi ValeoFX,

I am forward testing new version provided MrTools to me.

I am using same settings which I used before.

Results are different - It was very profitable on Friday evening, and some floating drawdown on open trades (about 300 dollars) for now (trading 9 pairs simultanilously).

I did not test your idea about rsi (i switched rsi to false in EA's input).

Anyway, I think - MrTools will upload this EA in this week and you can test it too.

The most problem with it is to find good settings ...

That is why I am forwarding it with 9 pairs.

Just a suggestion..

Hello ND and MrTools,

See the attached entry marked on the latest template where the first EA would have taken the entry as oppose to where this one should take the entry as the RSi was above the 70-level.

MrTools will have to allow for a retrace to switch the EA back on again and in this instance, we cannot say that it will have to retrace to "x" level-values, but it could be switched on when the RSi-14 drops below the 70-level.

ND, the only changes I made is in colour, the rest are as per your template supplied and I added caps onto the candles when the RSi-14 hits either 70 / 30-levels.

I will watch it tomorrow to see how it performs.

Best regards,

Files:

May be - you are right about rsi using.

It is what I am having: sell trade and it is still open:

Files:
eurjpy_1112.jpg  156 kb
Reason: