Coding help... Cyclical indicator - page 15

Fresh_Prince:
Dear Mladen, could You please make this TMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 and this SMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 indicators from this topic be compatible with MT4 build 646? Thank You in advance.

And here is the SMA centered : sma_centered_oscillator_amp_mtf_nmc.mq4

PS: same remark as for the previous

Thank You! Everything is working fine now!!!

mladen:
engula

Here you go

What the rest (unfamiliar with the indicator) must know that SnakeSMA is actually centered TMA and that it will recalculate values of last HalfCycle1 or HalfCycle2 (whichever is greater). Other than that, this is now a standalone indicator (it does not require any other indicator)

Hi mladen!

Could it possible add some function at this CL Slope 3 indicator like sound alert (crossing zero line) and colored histogram?

Thank you very much for your great work! Luke

lucnes:
Hi mladen!

Could it possible add some function at this CL Slope 3 indicator like sound alert (crossing zero line) and colored histogram?

Thank you very much for your great work! Luke

Luke

I do not think that adding alert to a recalculating indicators is a good idea. Better use it for estimation only instead for signals

mladen:
Luke I do not think that adding alert to a recalculating indicators is a good idea. Better use it for estimation only instead for signals

Does it change over time? I tried to put vertical lines at the points of crossing with zero line as soon as they happened, and I found that they remain the same over the time...

lucnes:
Does it change over time? I tried to put vertical lines at the points of crossing with zero line as soon as they happened, and I found that they remain the same over the time...

lucnes

That is a combination (difference) of 2 centered TMAs and, as we know, centered TMA recalculates. The result of two recalculating components is recalculating also. It is described in the original post and why engula asked that it should be made like that

mladen:
lucnes That is a combination (difference) of 2 centered TMAs and, as we know, centered TMA recalculates. The result of two recalculating components is recalculating also. It is described in the original post and why engula asked that it should be made like that

I agree with you, but I think it is not worse than many signal indicators that do not recalculate...

Thanks for your support!

lucnes:
I agree with you, but I think it is not worse than many signal indicators that do not recalculate... Thanks for your support!

I don't think that recalculating (recalculating - not repainting - repainting is simply a coding or logic error, and they should be treated like that - as an error) indicators are bad. But they can not be used in signaling mode (at least that is my opinion). Recalculating indicators should be used only in estimating mode

mladen:
I don't think that recalculating (recalculating - not repainting - repainting is simply a coding or logic error, and they should be treated like that - as an error) indicators are bad. But they can not be used in signaling mode (at least that is my opinion). Recalculating indicators should be used only in estimating mode

ok for estimating mode, but try to look at when the indicator crosses the zero line ... when it happens from top->down you can see that the price mark an high in the great majority of cases, and vice versa for the lows.

lucnes:
ok for estimating mode, but try to look at when the indicator crosses the zero line ... when it happens from top->down you can see that the price mark an high in the great majority of cases, and vice versa for the lows.

lucnes

I do not look at indicator like that

What I am trying to find out if it will change past values or not. If it does not, then it is suitable for signals. If it does, then I try to find out why. If it is because of the mathematical model, then it is a candidate for estimation. Otherwise it is a coding error, and I avoid indicators like that (and, as it is known, I recommend to others to avoid them to - wrongly coded indicator is simply that : an error. Cases when there is some use of it are so minimal that they tend to 0)

Reason: