Coding help... Cyclical indicator - page 14

mladen:
Lucmat What exactly does "I've just tried the indicator modified by WR1" mean? Did you change the code? If yes, check the changes (and please see this post too : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177862/page16 )

Mladen

I've not changed the code.

But modified version of WR1 and original indicator have different output: after some time, modified version traces a zigzag line!

Thanks

Lucmat

to be honest i had to stop using this for the same reasons

but there is something wrong with my change in the code, as it does n't update until refreshed

i got the code off the Mql site

Mladens code is better, but i think because you are limiting the amount of bars you will likely get different results anyway

maybe add the original and the one with the limited bars and then adjust until they are same, below 500 or maybe 1000bars seems to gives different results, but possibly around 2000+ might be ok ??

but different results does nt necessarily mean its no good, as the results looked ok on around 500, but i had to adjust the other settings quite alot aswell

this is Mladens way - and updates on other indis,

i would change it, but its too hot today

change the code - half way down, to

int limit=MathMin(MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1),BarsToCount);

and change to BarsToCount in the options

WR1:
to be honest i had to stop using this for the same reasons

but there is something wrong with my change in the code, as it does n't update until refreshed

i got the code off the Mql site

Mladens code is better, but i think because you are limiting the amount of bars you will likely get different results anyway

maybe add the original and the one with the limited bars and then adjust until they are same, below 500 or maybe 1000bars seems to gives different results, but possibly around 2000+ might be ok ??

but different results does nt necessarily mean its no good, as the results looked ok on around 500, but i had to adjust the other settings quite alot aswell

this is Mladens way - and updates on other indis,

i would change it, but its too hot today

change the code - half way down, to

int limit=MathMin(MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1),BarsToCount);

and change to BarsToCount in the options

Try out this one (as far as I see it will work OK, but needs more testing - I tested it on 1 minute charts and in visual back test and it seems to be working fine now). If it is OK then it can be used as a template for bars limiting for those centered indicators

mladen:
Try out this one (as far as I see it will work OK, but needs more testing - I tested it on 1 minute charts and in visual back test and it seems to be working fine now). If it is OK then it can be used as a template for bars limiting for those centered indicators

mladen i guess that this indicator recalculates ... if yes how many bars...

Thanks in advance

macerina:
mladen i guess that this indicator recalculates ... if yes how many bars... Thanks in advance

It is using multiple steps of centered sma (already centered sma is used as data for a next step of centered sma , and it is done 4 times) So, in a certain way, you can say that it all can be recalculated

mladen:
It is using multiple steps of centered sma (already centered sma is used as data for a next step of centered sma , and it is done 4 times) So, in a certain way, you can say that it all can be recalculated

wow ... if all recalculated then is there any specific circumstance under which it is used ...

macerina:
wow ... if all recalculated then is there any specific circumstance under which it is used ...

macerina

Don't know. As you can see the whole idea was from lucmat. Maybe he can tell you how is he using it. I do not use it in trading - all I did was some coding help

mladen:
macerina Don't know. As you can see the whole idea was from lucmat. Maybe he can tell you how is he using it. I do not use it in trading - all I did was some coding help

Thanks Mladen for the info ...

Dear Mladen, could You please make this TMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 and this SMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 indicators from this topic be compatible with MT4 build 646? Thank You in advance.

Fresh_Prince:
Dear Mladen, could You please make this TMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 and this SMA centered oscillator & mtf.mq4 indicators from this topic be compatible with MT4 build 646? Thank You in advance.

Fresh_Prince

Here is the TMA centered oscillator : tma_centered_oscillator_amp_mtf_nmc.mq4

PS: for those that are not familiar with centered TMA - centered TMA recalculates

Reason: