metatrader 4

Hi, I have been using metatrader 5 for the last week or two, and I wanted to demo a couple indicators on metatrader 4 but when ever I download the program from this site I only get metatrader 5 for some reason? any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help on this matter!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 to MT5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.28 12:05

It means that we can not install MT4 from this mql5 portal anymore. We need to install MT4 from the brokers' website.
Brokers are still proposing MT4 in usual way so not a problem at all.

read this discussion thread for example.

Hi Sergey, thank you everything is working good now!

i loaded money on my brokers account but how do i trade with it in meta trader4? my meta trader account has no money what can i do now??

andysebs:

i loaded money on my brokers account but how do i trade with it in meta trader4? my meta trader account has no money what can i do now??

Contact your broker.

PS. Did you login to your/broker account in metatrader?
Because you deposited money to the account so you should open Metatrader and login to the account to see your deposit and to trade for example.

How to open demo account with Metatrader 5 (I think - it is same for MT4 for example):

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad HelpConnecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a...

Real (live) account:

real account

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.09 10:51

MetaQuotes company is not a broker so you eed to select a broker for trading.

Some links which may help in this situation:

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started - Open an Account 

--------------------

• "Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment and, therefore, one cannot expect to profit from them."
  • "Live accounts, unlike demo, cannot be opened straight from the platform. They can only be opened by brokerage companies under certain terms and conditions. However, a real account request can be sent to a broker from the trading platform."

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android

I am having difficulties in signing into my account on MT4, it keeps saying 'authorization failed'. may I please receive assistance on how to sign into the account or how to activate it.

159054954 #:
I am having difficulties in signing into my account on MT4, it keeps saying 'authorization failed'. may I please receive assistance on how to sign into the account or how to activate it.
  • If you are trying to sign up into your trading account in MT4 and can not so - ask your broker for support.
  • If you are trying to sign up into Community tab of Metatrader so use your forum login and forum password.
    Your forum login is 159054954 (do not use your email for login).

I need to register a metatrader 5 account but it won't authorize.me

Nombulelo Dladla #:
I need to register a metatrader 5 account but it won't authorize.me
Is it about trading account with the broker?
If you can not open trading account with one broker so - pen it with the other broker (because there are a lot of forex brokers).

help

Sergey Golubev, 2021.01.28 07:02

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account 

3. MetaTrader 4 Help - Open an Account

4. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

5. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

6.  MetaTrader 4 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

7. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

8. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820