Something interesting, old thread - page 20

Moving MinMax

This one reminded me that it is not a privilege of metatrader 4 to have repainting indicators. This one will change past values (repaint) as the new prices come in, so, from that point of view it is interesting to see the same old story (signaling with repainting indicators) happening with metatrader 5 too

Files:

JPTrend indicator made by xynium (makes automatic trend lines)

Files:
jp_trend.png  66 kb
jptrend.mq5  7 kb

Multiple moving average envelopes. Made by basisforex

Files:
ma_env.png  85 kb
maenv_02b.mq5  11 kb

CCI pre-filtered

Metatrader 5 version of pre-filtered CCI. Description of what and how it does can be read here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175321/page3

Multi-Williams Percent Range trend indicator

Multi-Williams Percent Range trend indicator for metatrader 5. Made by victorg

Files:
5_mwiliams.png  77 kb
vdirection.mq5  12 kb

Choppy Market Index

Choppy Market Index indicator for metatrader 5. Made by Daniel Fernandez (Alextp)

Gann high low activator ..

Gann High low activator for metatrader 5 ...

nonlagma

Hello

thank you mladen for your works.

I try to use nonlagma.mq5, but it seems to have a problem :

Thank you

Files:
nonlagma_pb.jpg  73 kb

nonor73

Quite frankly, I am not using that one (whoever did the conversion added something that does not exist in the "real" nonLag moving average : additional averaging. That is the reason I never used it since I fail to see the reason for that change : it is just adding unnecessary lag to it) Posting the version I am using : it is a bit different than the original igorads nonLag ma since one coefficient in the list of coefficients is treated differently (difference is small, but exists, so do not be surprised when you compare it to original igorads indicator. Also, the one I am using can be applied to other indicators so you can get something like this (in the sub-window it is nonLag ma applied to rsi and then a nonLag ma to that result)

So, to conclude, this one is a "real" nonLag ma without additional "smoothing" or filtering or anything like that - just a pure nonLag ma at its maximum speed (as igorad have imagined when he made a first metatrader 4 version)

nonor73:
Hello

thank you mladen for your works.

I try to use nonlagma.mq5, but it seems to have a problem :

Thank you
Files:
nonlag_ma.png  69 kb
nonlag_ma.mq5  5 kb

Ok

Thank you, your version works fine.

Reason: