Metatrader known bugs ... - page 57

mladen:
They work correctly when used in regular mode. The error is "only" in backtest mode. Bug in the strategy tester causes it - so, users are safe more or less, when using it in normal trading

I know that but since they are not doing anything - not even talking to users any more - those errors are there to stay for quite some time

PS: their server is keeping 0.1 pips fixed spread for EURUSD. Wanna scamm with scalping EAs that will not work anywhere else but on their demo server? Other demo accounts at least trying to look like real accounts.

checkin:
I know that but since they are not doing anything - not even talking to users any more - those errors are there to stay for quite some time

PS: their server is keeping 0.1 pips fixed spread for EURUSD. Wanna scamm with scalping EAs that will not work anywhere else but on their demo server? Other demo accounts at least trying to look like real accounts.

That is what we are used to for quite some time

Downfall of metatrader as a trading platform is obvious and they will do anything to atrract a couple of users more (that includes a opened call for scammers to user their trading platform for what they do - how many "signals" of metatrader signals are using that "spread"?)

techmac:
That is what we are used to for quite some time Downfall of metatrader as a trading platform is obvious and they will do anything to atrract a couple of users more (that includes a opened call for scammers to user their trading platform for what they do - how many "signals" of metatrader signals are using that "spread"?)

I do not know about their signals, but having this type of a "spread" is a direct call to be misused and they knew it very well. I would adore to have a broker with that type of a spread for live trading

I want to live trade on their server

Oh wait - it is just a demo that is used to sell signals

getting "500 internal server error" on some stuff. WTF?

Custom events

Undocumented feature. Custom events to self are not queued.

I faced very weird errors, which seemed to me that they could not even happen, like invalid pointer of objects with very simple life cycle, and memory leaks of such objects. Finally I came to the source of errors, so I share the knowledge with you.

First - this is how MT4 manual reads.

A client terminal sends new events to the corresponding open charts. Events can also be generated by charts (chart events) or mql4-programs (custom events)...Each MQL4 program and each chart has its own queue of events, where all new incoming events are added.

The above reading does not fit to custom events. If the custom event targets the sender chart, it is not added to a queue but rather it gets caught by the sending script immediately after it has been fired. It interrupts the method which fired the event right after the statement that fired the event, runs the custom event handler, and then continues the original method.

This unique "feature" cost me many hours of bug hunting and delayed my deliveries a lot.

Keep an eye on firing custom events to a home chart.

Ovo:
Undocumented feature. Custom events to self are not queued.

I faced very weird errors, which seemed to me that they could not even happen, like invalid pointer of objects with very simple life cycle, and memory leaks of such objects. Finally I came to the source of errors, so I share the knowledge with you.

First - this is how MT4 manual reads.

A client terminal sends new events to the corresponding open charts. Events can also be generated by charts (chart events) or mql4-programs (custom events)...Each MQL4 program and each chart has its own queue of events, where all new incoming events are added.

The above reading does not fit to custom events. If the custom event targets the sender chart, it is not added to a queue but rather it gets caught by the sending script immediately after it has been fired. It interrupts the method which fired the event right after the statement that fired the event, runs the custom event handler, and then continues the original method.

This unique "feature" cost me many hours of bug hunting and delayed my deliveries a lot.

Keep an eye on firing custom events to a home chart.

Thank you

It saved me a lot of time

whisperer:
Thank you It saved me a lot of time

And the man is banned from metaquotes site That is the way they do things - and that is why they have posts today in only 4 threads in the English section (some 7-8 pots). That "moderator" succeeded what he wanted - he does not have to do anything any more

checkin:
And the man is banned from metaquotes site That is the way they do things - and that is why they have posts today in only 4 threads in the English section (some 7-8 pots). That "moderator" succeeded what he wanted - he does not have to do anything any more

Isn't it almost always so we could say that they got what they wanted

whisperer:
Isn't it almost always so we could say that they got what they wanted

That is sad. What used to be a big community of people helping each other (systems and coding) is gone mostly thanks to metatrader actions (or inaction - for how many years they knew that ex4 can be decompiled and they did nothing to protect coders. As soon as they decided to step into that market - they solved the protection too. It makes me wonder : who "leaked" the decompiler in the first place?)

Reason: