Coding help... Cyclical indicator - page 3

mladen:
SMA centered oscillator with coloring added om slope changes. Please note that SMA centered recalculates (as it is explained in this thread) and that color changes should not be used as a signal

add alert please .... or make this indicator to histogram mode ........ thanks

rizkyd

Please read that post again : if I add alerts it would be denying what I said at the post. Please do not use it in any kind of signaling mode since it, as all centered indicators, recalculates and will change alerts at each such recalculation. Use it for estimation only

rizkyd:
add alert please .... or make this indicator to histogram mode ........ thanks

mladen:
rizkyd Please read that post again : if I add alerts it would be denying what I said at the post. Please do not use it in any kind of signaling mode since it, as all centered indicators, recalculates and will change alerts at each such recalculation. Use it for estimation only

If it recalculates and sounds too good to be true can u post an indicator that has the best accuracy but doesnt repaints ? i mean most accurate but doesnt repaints

:)

You mean something like this : "Is there an indicator that I can use and after 5 minutes of learning how to use it I can become a successful trader?". Exactly that kind of questions are the reason for popularity of repainting indicators and unfortunately the reason for failure of the majority.

People have a need to believe in magic. But there is no magic. Just learning, and learning, and learning ... Trading is a job like any other job and one must learn it in order to be able to do it. Would you go to a doctor that have learned just for 5 minutes and knows only about aspirin? To use the tools, means and to know how to put all together one must spend a lot of time in learning and trying. Once when the "amount" of knowledge passes some "critical mass", one can trade. Till then even "the most accurate of them all" will not help if the purpose of recalculating indicators, among others, (I am not talking about "repainting" ones) is not recognized and known

Don't misunderstand this response, but take some time instead of shortcuts and everything will become clear with time

lover:
If it recalculates and sounds too good to be true can u post an indicator that has the best accuracy but doesnt repaints ? i mean most accurate but doesnt repaints

mladen:

You mean something like this : "Is there an indicator that I can use and after 5 minutes of learning how to use it I can become a successful trader?". Exactly that kind of questions are the reason for popularity of repainting indicators and unfortunately the reason for failure of the majority.

People have a need to believe in magic. But there is no magic. Just learning, and learning, and learning ... Trading is a job like any other job and one must learn it in order to be able to do it. Would you go to a doctor that have learned just for 5 minutes and knows only about aspirin? To use the tools, means and to know how to put all together one must spend a lot of time in learning and trying. Once when the "amount" of knowledge passes some "critical mass", one can trade. Till then even "the most accurate of them all" will not help if the purpose of recalculating indicators, among others, (I am not talking about "repainting" ones) is not recognized and known

Don't misunderstand this response, but take some time instead of shortcuts and everything will become clear with time

hehehe it came out wrong, what i meant is, i know that the indicators that sound too good to be true are lame and recalculate and gives losses. what i wanted to know from u is i have came accross indicators like trend directn and force and behgozin indis which dont get affected in sideways trend like do u have one of those ocean moving average indicators that are more accurate,, what i am saying is.. late in entering the trend rather than trying to get in the trade early .. but the accuracy level being more.

mladen:

mladen do u have dynamic zone of ocean natural moving average or something similar. it would be great of u if u share it or something similar like it. thanks in advance... Jason

Jason

I don't have it. Why don't you first try using the natural moving average in the mode I showed it can be used (just don't try to find trends on time frames less than 1 hour since on lower time frames finding trends is like trying to find a needle in a haystack - lower time frames are noise, not trends)

lover:
mladen do u have dynamic zone of ocean natural moving average or something similar. it would be great of u if u share it or something similar like it. thanks in advance... Jason

mladen:
Jason I don't have it. Why don't you first try using the natural moving average in the mode I showed it can be used (just don't try to find trends on time frames less than 1 hour since on lower time frames finding trends is like trying to find a needle in a haystack - lower time frames are noise, not trends)

ughhhh these lower time frames r like a drug to me.. so tempting come on give me some thing that sticks around in there like an old fashioned girl who takes watever u throw at her

mladen:
Jason I don't have it. Why don't you first try using the natural moving average in the mode I showed it can be used (just don't try to find trends on time frames less than 1 hour since on lower time frames finding trends is like trying to find a needle in a haystack - lower time frames are noise, not trends)

ok how about a lwma slope with alert. just like what u posted before but with alerts

Sorry, I am lost

What lwma slope indicator are you referring to?

lover:
ok how about a lwma slope with alert. just like what u posted before but with alerts
Reason: