Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 51

mrtools:
Al_badaru, this is one example of using TMA Centered sort of in a way Hurst describes, with the cross being 50% of the move so on the daily chart, according to the Hurst writings(if i understand correctly) the bottom of this latest down move by EurUsd, should stall around 1.21215 +- 10%.

Thanks Mr tools

so that is how to campare averages cross with fibo ? or what ?

im sorry for my ignorance

best regards

al_badaru:
Thanks Mr tools

so that is how to campare averages cross with fibo ? or what ?

im sorry for my ignorance

best regards

Al_badaru, it's the built in fibonacci indicator with everything removed except "0","50",and "100", I then project it from the previous high/low of the cross, to the cross (50%) and where the 100% or 0%(depending on where i start the projection) that will possibly be the end of a move. If interested would recommend you get more information about JM Hurst and his methods.

al_badaru:
thanks mladen for quick respon,,

1. i know TMA and centered TMA is different, hard to firead that book. but give me a little clue about how to use that (TMA / centered TMA) please...

2. Then, for SMA, what do you prefer SMA periods for mid-term (intraday) ?

3. Can you show me the best averages setting periods for cross two averages.

thanks so much mr mladen

you are the best

best regards

badaru

badaru

Please take some time and read that book (it can be found on the net)

Anything that would not include reading that book would be like telling that the short version of "War an Peace" is "W".

Brian Millard has written his many years of research and experience in that book. If you want to use centered TMA then it is a must to red. There is no shortcut

As of SMA : I personally do not use it.

As of two average crosses : that always depended on symbol and time frame. There never will a a "best setting" for moving averages crosses. That is one of the reasons I am parroting over and over that I like the adaptive averages - because they adapt their periods to market conditions instead of assuming that there is some best setting

dear Mrtools and mladen,

thanks so much for advice..

i will read that book sir..

im sorry if my post, out of topic.

best regards

badaru

al_badaru:
dear Mrtools and mladen,

thanks so much for advice..

i will read that book sir..

im sorry if my post, out of topic.

best regards

badaru

this link for ebook,, if anyone need it too..

http://www.cabafx.com/trading-ebooks-collection/newpdf/Channels%20&%20Cycles_%20A%20Tribute%20to%20J.%20M.%20Hu%20-%20Brian%20J.%20Millard.pdf

wccmcd:
Dear Mladen,

The TMA SLOPE indicator is good but... it is a CPU Vampire... When I loaded it to 10 currency pairs it just freeze my computer . Is there anyway you can modify it please?

tmaslope.v1.5_normalized_nmc.mq4

Or, what I'm auctually using, is "TMA Slope Multi Half Length". By using one TMA SLOPE algorithm with different half length, we can have different slope values, and find out the trend by comparing those values.

I modify it. look better now. But, repainted, bad? can't fix signal bar.

Files:

Thanks for the link too ;-)

Ande Happy new year from France

Hi Mr. Tools,

Can you make your indicator show price labels on all 3 lines (upper band, middle average, lower band)?

Thanks

triangularma_centered_envelope_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

mycobragoesfastr:
Hi Mr. Tools,

Can you make your indicator show price labels on all 3 lines (upper band, middle average, lower band)?

Thanks

triangularma_centered_envelope_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

How would it help in trading?

Reason: