Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 16

not sure if TMA will repaint a lot using RSI period 1

we are going in circles...there is already RSI + TMA on RSI thread...

emgula

Yes. That is centered TMA and centered TMA recalculates

engula:
mladen, am i right in the assumption that all these 'Rsi & TMA centered' recalculate? thanks.

It was originally posted there if I remember correctly.

At least not all the indicators using centered TMA are here (at one place)

Pava:
we are going in circles...there is already RSI + TMA on RSI thread...

mrtools - the indicator in your post 112, is there a so called "true" version" of that or is it not possible?

handy148

As it is explained in the first posts, what somebody named "true" version is a simple linear weighted moving average (LWMA) which is a standard moving average in metatrader built in averages, used instead of triangular moving average calculation

handy148:
mrtools - the indicator in your post 112, is there a so called "true" version" of that or is it not possible?

Hello,

iam new on this forum, Mladen , generalized TMA ( ehler ) with your Centered TMA is on same calculation or not, or they different each other, sorry for my bad english

Sorry, this is the code, i found this link by my friend AllAverages_v2.5.mq4 - MQL4 Code Base

// MA_Method=18: TriMAgen - Triangular Moving Average Generalized by J.Ehlersdouble TriMA_gen(double array[],int per,int bar){ int len1=MathFloor((per+1)*0.5);int len2=MathCeil((per+1)*0.5);double sum=0;for(int i=0;i<len2;i++) sum+=SMA(array,len1,bar-i);double trimagen=sum/len2;

akhmadfx

They are not the same. If it was not centered TMA, then they would be the same (value wise). As far as the code is concerned : I simply prefer the form I use for the simplicity and speed of code (I am using only one loop while using multiple SMAs makes it less efficient in calculation)

akhmadfx:
Sorry, this is the code, i found this link by my friend AllAverages_v2.5.mq4 - MQL4 Code Base // MA_Method=18: TriMAgen - Triangular Moving Average Generalized by J.Ehlersdouble TriMA_gen(double array[],int per,int bar){ int len1=MathFloor((per+1)*0.5);int len2=MathCeil((per+1)*0.5);double sum=0;for(int i=0;i<len2;i++) sum+=SMA(array,len1,bar-i);double trimagen=sum/len2;

mladen:
Got this from a friend that found it. Centered TMA has "offspring" too

Here is a centered TMA envelopes indicator given a fancy name of Hurst bands. The calculation for centered TMA is taken from the indicator posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 only the HalfLength parameter is renamed to Prd and channel of Ecart_Pips pips is added to it

PS: the color change of the lines on slope change is going to repaint. Posting this mostly as a curiosity of what is done around the net

Found on net ...might be a real Hurst !

Is it possible to add MTF option in this indicator ?

Thanks

Files:
Reason: