Metatrader 4 build 418 ... - page 8

Just repeating this since it is rather important :

"In addition, from June 1, 2012 support for client terminals older than build 416 will be discontinued. In this regard, we strongly recommend all traders to update their trading terminals to the latest version as soon as possible."

I do not know what exactly does the "support discontinued" means, but it is just 2 weeks away ... so 416 will be the minimum. 418 is unusable. 419 so, so and of 421 we shall yet see ... draw your own conclusion

re "Build 421 announced ..."

mladen,

Do you know WHICH forum they check for "errors reported"?

It is news to me that they check.

Big Be

Big Be

Quite frankly it is a news to me too since some comments I read from the representatives of mt were anything but polite to anybody who dared to tell and show that something is wrong in some of the mt builds.

Big Be:
mladen,

Do you know WHICH forum they check for "errors reported"?

It is news to me that they check.

Big Be

mladen:
What those the "support discontinued" means : So at least build 416 is a must

Attached is a useful tool to test MT4 for bugs.

Right now it is very simple code.

Just change the code for what you need to test.

Run the EA in visual mode for the results.

Then the results can be sent with a chart images showing the resut of the test as proof.

Since Metaquotes claims to be fixing bugs I tested the boolean problem and it appears to work now, at least with 5 inputs.

I will begin testing other compiler bugs I have found.

Have fun.

Robert

Files:

What does the "support discontinued" mean :

According to MetaQuotes, client terminals below build 416will not be able to connect to trade servers which means that updates and trading will be disabled.

So at least build 416 is a must

"Then the results can be sent with a chart images showing the resut of the test as proof."

Eternal optimist I do hope that they will alter their PR attitude, since, as it is now, it lacks the "other side" in conversation ("user" is not considered to be existent till it comes to counting them) but since wonders are not so often happening in this world ... Anyway, let see. Ignoring the reports of bugs is the most harmful thing one can do (even if there is no bug, an unexplained case becomes a bug very easily, and then the trust is lost. Of real bug left unsolved no need to talk at all. I think that I do not have to explain to anybody what does a trading platform without a trust of users in it means)

MrPip:
Attached is a useful tool to test MT4 for bugs.

Right now it is very simple code.

Just change the code for what you need to test.

Run the EA in visual mode for the results.

Then the results can be sent with a chart images showing the resut of the test as proof.

Since Metaquotes claims to be fixing bugs I tested the boolean problem and it appears to work now, at least with 5 inputs.

I will begin testing other compiler bugs I have found.

Have fun.

Robert

I just completed a class in forex that used Trade Station. I am considering learning to code in Easy Language as an alternative to MT4. Trade Station has issues when used in a network, The class I attended had over 100 student on a network, all trading the same account. If Trade Staion accepts the use of dlls the translation of code from MT4 to Trade Station will become very easy.

I especially liked the order entry using OCO where you can set up to enter a trade only if a certain price is reached. The StopLoss, TakeProfit, Trailing and even closing partial positions can all be entered.

I am planning to code something similar in an EA Trade Management tool for MT4 so I can trade the methods I learned.

Robert

Here is a link to a document that describes (with an example too) how to make dlls in tradestation : EasyLanguage extension SDK

It is an official tradestation document with well described details so I think you should have no problems at all to make a usable dll for tradestation

MrPip:
I just completed a class in forex that used Trade Station. I am considering learning to code in Easy Language as an alternative to MT4. Trade Station has issues when used in a network, The class I attended had over 100 student on a network, all trading the same account. If Trade Staion accepts the use of dlls the translation of code from MT4 to Trade Station will become very easy.

I especially liked the order entry using OCO where you can set up to enter a trade only if a certain price is reached. The StopLoss, TakeProfit, Trailing and even closing partial positions can all be entered.

I am planning to code something similar in an EA Trade Management tool for MT4 so I can trade the methods I learned.

Robert

Bug Tester EA - tests needed

I have seen the Boolean bug as well.

I asked Robert about this.

Robert and I are not certain when it was fixed, as we code "around" it, as he described above.

My earliest version of MT, around 225, passed.

If you have any MT versions under 200 could you please test this?

Here is a slightly modified version that tests for 7 consecutive 'If' or 'And' statements, and tells you if it passed.

Note: The deinit() code was disabled to work with the Strategy Tester, but may leave the text behind on a live chart. You can remove the // in deinit().

Big Be

Files:

So far no errror on builds I tested (but I do not have a build under 200)

Big Be:
I have seen the Boolean bug as well.

I asked Robert about this.

Robert and I are not certain when it was fixed, as we code "around" it, as he described above.

My earliest version of MT, around 225, passed.

If you have any MT versions under 200 could you please test this?

Here is a slightly modified version that tests for 7 consecutive 'If' or 'And' statements, and tells you if it passed.

Note: The deinit() code was disabled to work with the Strategy Tester, but may leave the text behind on a live chart. You can remove the // in deinit().

Big Be
Reason: