Metatrader 4 build 418 ... - page 12

I'm affraid that it is certainly worse than that..

Imagine you are a broker

Imagine you get one or two traders in your customers who makes always bigs profits

Imagine your systeme permiss you to clone each trade on others accounts ...

Would'nt you want to get a good trader for free ?...

A thing that I have noticed with new versions (from build 419 upper) :

If I have the editor (metaeditor) opened and I download a mql file which should be opened by the metaeditor automatically, for some reasons it does not open it now (it simply ignores it). I have to close the metaeditor and when I close it and download again, then it is opened by metaeditor as it should

mladen:
Your broker can know that you are using EA from a much simpler fact : most of the EAs write something to the comment field and most "manual" traders do not, so all it takes to them is to check comment fields. But I doubt that they are doing that. Actually I think that they are happy when they see that ... increasing the volume (as many Eas do) is just benefiting brokers As of "sucking in the EA" - I think that you are right : that is paranoid Why would the do that when they can buy it for a couple of $ pretending to be a "person" instead of a "broker"? Or what would they use it for when they already have a "golden goose" job - taking spread from each and every trade, at the least?

I spoke with a broker a few years back about EAs and he said that MT4 adds a comment showing the EA name regardless of whether the EA filled the comment or not. That is how brokers determined people were using FAP Turbo.

Robert

In that case all it would take is to rename the EA (which has been done thousands of times for thousands of EAs). And if I remember correctly, they (the brokers) really were rubbing hands with "fap turbo" like ones since they simply increased the spread for Asian session (the money was just pouring in to brokers that way for otherwise dead trading session)

MrPip:
I spoke with a broker a few years back about EAs and he said that MT4 adds a comment showing the EA name regardless of whether the EA filled the comment or not. That is how brokers determined people were using FAP Turbo. Robert

New Thread for Programmers to Report BUGS

mladen started this thread recently.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181280

If you are a programmer and certain it is a bug, explain it there.

Big Be

Reason: