Metatrader 4 build 418 ...

If you are asked to update to newest metatrader build 418 read this posts first : New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 418 - MQL4 forum

Without suggesting anything, but similar problems they had with metatrader 5 in the beginning (double did not work at all when passed as a parameter) and it seems that the 2 are mixed up now. I would wait till those issues are resolved

Thanks for alerting us.

mladen:
If you are asked to update to newest metatrader build 418 read this posts first : New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 418 - MQL4 forum Without suggesting anything, but similar problems they had with metatrader 5 in the beginning (double did not work at all when passed as a parameter) and it seems that the 2 are mixed up now. I would wait till those issues are resolved

Thanks for info Mladen

one question...i have updated latest build 418 but if i want to go for earlier or older version eg. 416 0r 409 is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

You will have to find an older metatrader installation version in that case (metatrader does not have an "upgrade roll-back"). The safest would be if you contact your broker and they should be able to provide you with a previous version of metatrader

secretcode:
Thanks for info Mladen

one question...i have updated latest build 418 but if i want to go for earlier or older version eg. 416 0r 409 is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

At the beginning of the updater log you see build 417, and finally you update to build 418.

What a crap !

As far as I see they are making metatrader 4 metatrader 5 compatible, so we are probably going to have some even "nicer" surprises

Big Joe:
At the beginning of the updater log you see build 417, and finally you update to build 418. What a crap !

mladen:
You will have to find an older metatrader installation version in that case (metatrader does not have an "upgrade roll-back"). The safest would be if you contact your broker and they should be able to provide you with a previous version of metatrader

Understood , Thank you Mladen

According to latest news, they are promising corrected version for next week, so till then, build 418 should be avoided (best advice one can give is not to let the automatic upgrade do the upgrade till they have a corrected version)

PS: thanks to one of our members here is a link with an explanation how to revert to a previous version : http://pipburner.com/metatrader-build-418-bug-alarm-how-to-switch-back-to-previous-version/

To not update, remove the liveupdate.exe from metatrader folder.

Keep it somewhere, and when the next "stable" version go out, put the liveupdate.exe where you delete it first.

That's all !

The way some new upgrades are done maybe that would be the best permanent solution

Big Joe:
To not update, remove the liveupdate.exe from metatrader folder.

Keep it somewhere, and when the next "stable" version go out, put the liveupdate.exe where you delete it first.

That's all !
Reason: