New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 418

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 418

1. MQL4: Fixed the functions call from the external DLLs that could sometimes cause crashes.
  2. MetaEditor: Fixed the binding of mq4 files to the latest launched editor.
  3. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The update is available through the LiveUpdate system.

I have a DLL that worked fine with MT4 EAs for a couple of years. Now on Build 418 it returns rubbish on one of the calls. Can you please give us a clue about what was 'fixed' with DLL linkages.

I have a business oriented around selling MetaTrader indicators. Build 418 has disabled all of the indicators I programmed, probably because of your DLL function call changes. I'm not the only one. I have friends who are also MQL4 developers facing the same issue. Could you please tell us what you changed so we can respectively modify our code to comply. This is an urgent issue.

Thank you.

Indeed, some of my commerical EA´s don´t work anymore (the ones that use DLLs as protection) and I am pretty sure the developers will not change this since some EA´s are not being updated anymore and the developers don´t exist anymore. Hence you should definetely fix that in MetaTrader. Also wondering if you don´t test your builds?! I mean, such a extremely problematic behaviour should not pass your own beta-testing at all.

I have identified a problem. You have an error in the handling of variables double, the decimal integer depth with strange characters like # and $

No matter what I do or change, incorrect values are being returned from the DLL. This is really quite inconsiderate of Metaquotes. If they were going to change internal core functions they could've at least informed the developers with something slightly more informative than "MQL4: Fixed the functions call from the external DLLs that could sometimes cause crashes."

Antonsan - how did you identify the problem?

The issue is definitely the double variable type returns. I converted all variables to integers in order to test Antonsan's theory, and he's absolutely correct: integers return correctly, and doubles make no sense whatsoever. This is a fundamental problem that will disable majority of DLL-powered indicators out there. Metaquotes, get us a patch asap please!

418 is an ill thought out untested and hastily released build.
If feels a little like we may be being pushed rather recklessly towards MT5, an action that will not do any of us much good and in the long run may substantially undermine MetaTraders reputation.

a very important dll which was working since 3 years stopped working without any reason. The explanation and changes you mentioned here do not explain these stop of working. It does not crash! it simply throws bullshit responses. I dont understand this case. I will recommend all our clients not to update to 418 yet. I also think this build has something essential wrong.

regards

Same DLL problem here. MetaQuotes, please give us support, because many clients of ours depending on DLL functions you just broke.

409 working fine, 416 working fine - but 418 is NOT good!

Also, I created an image about the liveupdate popping about the new version: showing the current version 416, new version 418. The log says 417.

Antonsan:
I have identified a problem. You have an error in the handling of variables double, the decimal integer depth with strange characters like # and $

Antosan is right. Same problem here:

2012.03.26 13:04:29 Robot EURUSD,H1: Hibás SELL StopLoss! Ask = 1.3244 StopLoss = -1.#IND, Diff = -92242943740584613000000, javított StopLoss = 1.3247 (A beállítandó SL érték nem eshet a piaci ár alá!)

2012.03.26 13:04:29 Robot EURUSD,H1: Hibás SELL TakeProfit! Ask = 1.3244 TakeProfit = -1.#IND, Diff = -92242943740584613000000, javított TakeProfit = 1.3241 (A beállítandó TP érték nem eshet a piaci ár fölé!)

"-1.#IND" and "-92242943740584613000000" are should be doubles (prices, actually), from a DLL function which is using the four basic math operation.

Please fix this, because it's creating problems for many many people...

Reason: