Snapshot

Good day to all,

snapshot allows everyone to take pics of our chart at the open candle time. So is definetly one of the best tools for study a strategy especially for backtest.

The file attached could be great for this, it saves big pictures (1680x1050) on the mt4/experts/files folder.

The problem is that if you have a lot of indicators attached (for ex. 10) on the chart, only the first image show all indys, in all other pictures indys are invisible...any coder could fix this?

Thanks

Doc

Files:
snapshot.mq4  2 kb

mladen:
Hi Doc This is a possible solution. It does not take a snapshot on the first tick of a new bar but with 1 one tick day. That way it seems to be working OK. Added parameters so you can save picture in any size

It works GREAT!

Thanks a lot for the support, you are the best.

Doc

Hi Doc

This is a possible solution. It does not take a snapshot on the first tick of a new bar but with 1 one tick delay. That way it seems to be working OK. Added parameters so you can save picture in any size

dr.house7:
Good day to all,

snapshot allows everyone to take pics of our chart at the open candle time. So is definetly one of the best tools for study a strategy especially for backtest.

The file attached could be great for this, it saves big pictures (1680x1050) on the mt4/experts/files folder.

The problem is that if you have a lot of indicators attached (for ex. 10) on the chart, only the first image show all indys, in all other pictures indys are invisible...any coder could fix this?

Thanks

Doc
Files:
snapshot.mq4  2 kb

Great

http://i.imgur.com/GJ3IV.jpg

my view is up

Hi doc!

Yours problem that you use indic 2006 year, use 2012

ScreenShot - MQL4 Code Base

I mod script on English

Be happy

Some links:

screenshots without any special software; 123

Screenshot script?

SnapShotI indicator: this indicator makes screen shots of active chart at regular intervals. By default, one tick after beginning of a new bar. Some evaluation of some indicators using SnapShotI indicator is on this post.

And see previous post for new version.

Docs problem is specific : he is trying to take a snapshot on the first tick of a new bar. And the WindowScreenShot() will take snapshot of chart without indicator values on that first tick of a new bar. Here is what it looks like from the script you attached when it is limited to take a snapshot on the first tick of a new bar (there should be 4 indicators values on that chart : 2 on main chart and 2 in their sub-windows which are empty as it is seen) :

Indicator from your attachment will take a snapshot only when a new order is opened - that is saving it from making that error, and the script is working on every tick (no limit), and that is why it was probably not noticed, but both are going to insert one snapshot which looks exactly like the one above if they try to take a snapshot when a new bar is formed. It is a bug in the WindowScreenShot() or it is a consequence of how terminal works (what does it do when a new bar is formed). Without 1 tick delay, it will do that. So, it seems that Doc have found one more bug in metatrader functions

poruchik:

Hi doc!

Yours problem that you use indic 2006 year, use 2012

ScreenShot - MQL4 Code Base

I mod script on English

Be happy

Snapshot 2 ...

The late0st snapshot indicator that allows to specify how many ticks have to pass between the shots got lost in this migration. Here it is again

Files:

hello to everyone

Sorry for bad English is ..

I want to automatically send a screenshot of my website I can not run this script not record any images to the pc: S exactly what I must do this indication and settings information about where you could upload my thanks go to those.

Can the indi be used to take a one off snap shot of all/any charts open in mt4?

(for example, if i have 6 charts open, i apply the indi/ea, it takes 6 individual screen shots and saves them)

Unfortunately, it can not

The problem is that WindowScreenShot() function works on current window only, so the only solution is to attach it to all and change the FileNameto unique names so you can take 6 separate snapshots

plasmapants:
Can the indi be used to take a one off snap shot of all/any charts open in mt4? (for example, if i have 6 charts open, i apply the indi/ea, it takes 6 individual screen shots and saves them)
Reason: