Snapshot - page 2

Hi All,

Lovely active trading community you have here!

I stumbeled in here in my quest to find a indicator that does a screenshot of my charts at a rolling predetermined time which I picked up over here... [fxcodebase]

timescreenshot2.mq4

This is great because I can compile the images into a timelapse video that I can then view on my tablet on weekends just for some extra schooling...

I was wondering if someone could assist my me however... I would like 2 mods made to this indi... I would like to be able to input the path of the saved picture 1 and number 2 - I would like the image file to overwrite the older image file... I managed to get a singular file created... doing string Str=Symbol()+".png";

But it just saves one image, and does not update the image with a new updated image as I hoped... please can someone help...

Files:

Jalarupa:
Hi All,

Lovely active trading community you have here!

I stumbeled in here in my quest to find a indicator that does a screenshot of my charts at a rolling predetermined time which I picked up over here... [fxcodebase]

timescreenshot2.mq4

This is great because I can compile the images into a timelapse video that I can then view on my tablet on weekends just for some extra schooling...

I was wondering if someone could assist my me however... I would like 2 mods made to this indi... I would like to be able to input the path of the saved picture 1 and number 2 - I would like the image file to overwrite the older image file... I managed to get a singular file created... doing string Str=Symbol()+".png";

But it just saves one image, and does not update the image with a new updated image as I hoped... please can someone help...

Jalarupa

1. You can simply add something llike "\\subfolde\\subfolder\\fileName" and it will based in those subfolders of files folder. You can not have other than "files" folder for the main folder (metatrader does not allow it)

2. You can not update the image. If you use the same name it will always overwrite the old file

Was checking indicators from this thread, and even though they have changed the format of pictures saved by metatrader from gif to png, snapshot indicators from this thread are correctly saving pictures as gifs (so, they still work correctly even with new builds of metatrader - no need to change anything in them)

Hey mladen,

Thanks for the relply, I have no / ZERO coding experience... and somehow by the grace of the compiling gods (and painful process of elimination) I managed to get it to work!

I can't thank you enough!

In case anyone is interested I will state exactly what I plan on doing with this tool so that everyone can benefit from your and my work... cheers

[edit] okay so this is what I plan to do with the files that I have overwriting themselves every 1 minute...

I sync my Subfolder (which is great because I can run the origional indicator and let it do its thing) to a folder in my Dropbox account...

I then download three apps off of Android Market called DropSync (free) and Tasker (paid) and I task Tasker to do a Dropsync to refresh every 3 minutes (which then copies all my synced image files into a folder on my tablet off Dropbox) and I then install a free live wallpaper app that allows me to view images in a folder on my tablet as a wallpaper - Set resolution to 1280x800 and boom! you now have live MT4 (well almost live) charts as a background on your tablet...

And well that is just awesome!

Now I'm running into a little bump on my road to glory and it is this

string Str="\\dropbox\\""Symbol()+Period()+".png";

I want to name the files in Dropbox according to the Symbol()+Period() but I end up naming the file Symbol().png etcm which is greatly frustrating...

The long way to do this (and I'm dreading it would be to write a specific file name for each chart... which is just madness... Please help

Jalarupa:
Hey mladen,

Thanks for the relply, I have no / ZERO coding experience... and somehow by the grace of the compiling gods (and painful process of elimination) I managed to get it to work!

I can't thank you enough!

In case anyone is interested I will state exactly what I plan on doing with this tool so that everyone can benefit from your and my work... cheers

[edit] okay so this is what I plan to do with the files that I have overwriting themselves every 1 minute...

I sync my Subfolder (which is great because I can run the origional indicator and let it do its thing) to a folder in my Dropbox account...

I then download three apps off of Android Market called DropSync (free) and Tasker (paid) and I task Tasker to do a Dropsync to refresh every 3 minutes (which then copies all my synced image files into a folder on my tablet off Dropbox) and I then install a free live wallpaper app that allows me to view images in a folder on my tablet as a wallpaper - Set resolution to 1280x800 and boom! you now have live MT4 (well almost live) charts as a background on your tablet...

And well that is just awesome!

Now I'm running into a little bump on my road to glory and it is this

string Str="\\dropbox\\""Symbol()+Period()+".png";

I want to name the files in Dropbox according to the Symbol()+Period() but I end up naming the file Symbol().png etcm which is greatly frustrating...

The long way to do this (and I'm dreading it would be to write a specific file name for each chart... which is just madness... Please help

Jalarupa

Try like this :

string Str="\\dropbox\\"+Symbol()+"-"+Period()+".png";

I can't thank you enough for your kind assistance...

My images server is now up and running and about 10 times more efficient than how I used to do it with virtual machines, macro's and mouse movement recorders... SHEW!

This is a great day for me!

Thanks again for the assist.

Jalarupa:
I can't thank you enough for your kind assistance...

My images server is now up and running and about 10 times more efficient than how I used to do it with virtual machines, macro's and mouse movement recorders... SHEW!

This is a great day for me!

Thanks again for the assist.

Nice looking Seems like a good idea

Hi Mladen,

For the indicator snapshot_2.mq4 , Can i request the snapshot to automatically save under a folder which the path is D:\Dropbox\Photos Upload\FX

And it will overwrite the old file without creating a new one?

Thank you very much.

Files:

its possible to create a button to take screenshot manually?

Cheers!

Da Silva Andre Luiz: its possible?

Of course

Reason: