Please help with EA

Hello i have an EA and have attached it with a few charts(EUrusd) on MT4. But nothing is happening. There are no trades happening and the EA just sits there without doing anything(even though the conditions are met). Do i have to change or enable some setting to get it work? Even the demo EAs are not working(sitting passively).

i have never used an EA earlier(atleast on MT4). But i am not new to trading(have done it on metastock).

What is that 'allow live trading' option for? Can some plz help me!!

have kept my computer running since last 4 days but the EA isnt doing anything, inspite of the fact that the trading conditions(entry exit) have been generated in EurUsd chart. How to make EAs trade?? i am doing it on demo account first. Then will upload it to a web server.

First of all, you need to turn on strategies. You can do this by clicking Button on the top of metatrader which is called: ExpertAdvisors. When it is turned on it have green arrow (like play sign) on it. Then you need to attach ea to the chart. You should see sad face in the top right corner of the chart. If you see this then it means that ea is not allowed to trading. You need to go to options of the ea, and on first tab (Common) check option Allow live trading, and then click OK. After this you will see smile in the right top corner. This means that ea is ready for trade.

If you see smile on your chart, and ea is not trading then it has noting to do with metatrader - simply conditions are not met or ea have error inside.

Kalenzo:
First of all, you need to turn on strategies. You can do this by clicking Button on the top of metatrader which is called: ExpertAdvisors. When it is turned on it have green arrow (like play sign) on it. Then you need to attach ea to the chart. You should see sad face in the top right corner of the chart. If you see this then it means that ea is not allowed to trading. You need to go to options of the ea, and on first tab (Common) check option Allow live trading, and then click OK. After this you will see smile in the right top corner. This means that ea is ready for trade. If you see smile on your chart, and ea is not trading then it has noting to do with metatrader - simply conditions are not met or ea have error inside.

Thanks for the quick reply Kalenzo i clicked the Expert Advisor button at the top(it is green now) and the EA is showing a smiling face. Will keep the computer ON for 2 more days and check whether it works properly.

One more issue. When i try to run this EA in MT4 strategy tester, in the 'journal' tab it is showing 'cannot open file (path of file).ex4 on EurUsd on H1.

What must be wrong? the files are present in that particular folder.

thestockbull:
Thanks for the quick reply Kalenzo i clicked the Expert Advisor button at the top(it is green now) and the EA is showing a smiling face. Will keep the computer ON for 2 more days and check whether it works properly.

One more issue. When i try to run this EA in MT4 strategy tester, in the 'journal' tab it is showing 'cannot open file (path of file).ex4 on EurUsd on H1.

What must be wrong? the files are present in that particular folder.

For next 2 days markets will be closed - it's weekend. The first day when you can check online if ea is working or not is monday.

However you may test it in backtester and if it does not have any restrictions like disallow live trading or expiriation time, then it will work fine in live trading.

The error that you see (file not found) means that ea is using custom indicator and you are missing it. You need to copy it to experts/indicators folder (or if you have mq4 file there then you need to compile it to create ex4 - compiled version)

i pasted the indicators into that folder. Now atleast the EA is working in tester Thanks Kalenzo! Guidance from experienced guys like you help us learn

Will test it live on monday in a demo account. Will keep my computer running for 2 full days. Lets see how it works!

thestockbull:
i pasted the indicators into that folder. Now atleast the EA is working in tester Thanks Kalenzo! Guidance from experienced guys like you help us learn Will test it live on monday in a demo account. Will keep my computer running for 2 full days. Lets see how it works!

I'm happy that I could help.

Hellow Kalenzo

This is my first time to contact you for help. ( I have learned a lot about coding knowledge from you.Thank you)

I have a same problem with an EA(Laguerre) I found in the other forum. I got mql and ex4 after comiled.

When i try to run this EA in MT4 strategy tester, in the 'journal' tab it is showing 'cannot open file (path of file).ex4 on EurUsd on H1.

This EA from 2008, is it too old/incompatible to current Mt4 version4 build451 ?

Windows 7 64bits ; C:/IBFX/expert/EA

* If you need to check this EA, please let me know. I will send you one or tell you where it is.

1234x:
Hellow Kalenzo

This is my first time to contact you for help. ( I have learned a lot about coding knowledge from you.Thank you)

I have a same problem with an EA(Laguerre) I found in the other forum. I got mql and ex4 after comiled.

When i try to run this EA in MT4 strategy tester, in the 'journal' tab it is showing 'cannot open file (path of file).ex4 on EurUsd on H1.

This EA from 2008, is it too old/incompatible to current Mt4 version4 build451 ?

Windows 7 64bits ; C:/IBFX/expert/EA

* If you need to check this EA, please let me know. I will send you one or tell you where it is.

Hello,

No i don't think that ea is too old. But the ex4 can be corrupted or missing. I assume that you are sure that the ex4 file is in the right location, so maybe it's corrupted. Try to delete ex4 file and recompile mql file to create new fresh ex4 file.

Or send this ea to me then I will check it with pleasure.

Regards

Kale

Thank you for quick reply

This is a url link that I found these Laguerre EA.

(*You can download these files without login )

http://www.tradingsystemforex.com/expert-advisors-backtesting/198-laguerre-rsi-ea.html

1234x

1234x:
Thank you for quick reply

This is a url link that I found these Laguerre EA.

(*You can download these files without login )

Laguerre RSI EA

1234x

I downloaded ea and indicator from the specified location, put indicator into experts/indicators folder, ea into experts folder, then went to metatrader editor, opened both files, press f5 -> compiled without any problems. Then I started backtests. It works without any problems.

So ea is fine, indicator is fine you just need to recompile it.

Delete old files and recompile. You can also try on "fresh" metatrader copy - download it from metaquotes install in separated directory and put ea + indi there and recompile. It will work.

Reason: