file corrupt

I am new here and MQL4.

I am trying to make my own EA.

But the MT4 complains, saying "executable file is corrupted. please recompile it"

I recompiled and same thing happens.

Is there any special file structure going on here or what?

Can anyone help me? 

fabianne:

I am new here and MQL4.

I am trying to make my own EA.

But the MT4 complains, saying "executable file is corrupted. please recompile it"

I recompiled and same thing happens.

Is there any special file structure going on here or what?

Can anyone help me? 

1. Re-install your MT.

2. What is your Operating System ? If it's Vista/7 we usually install MT outside of C:\Program Files\..., like C:\Other Program Files\... 

phi.nuts:

1. Re-install your MT.

2. What is your Operating System ? If it's Vista/7 we usually install MT outside of C:\Program Files\..., like C:\Other Program Files\... 

Yes, mine is windows 7. I will try to install MT again in different folder. But the same thing happens with MT that is installed outside c:\program files\...  So I think it is not folder problem. Something else is going on there. Well it is just my humble opinion.

Can you think of anything else? Thank you so much for your help. 

fabianne:

Yes, mine is windows 7. I will try to install MT again in different folder. But the same thing happens with MT that is installed outside c:\program files\...  So I think it is not folder problem. Something else is going on there. Well it is just my humble opinion.

Can you think of anything else? Thank you so much for your help.  

1. Can you run all/some those EAs and indicators in Custom Indicator folder in your MT ?

2. Can you re-compile all/some those EAs and indicators in your MT4 without same error and then run it again ?

3. This may not help, but please run sfc (Sysytem File Checker) for your 7. Here's explanation of sfc : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833, and always restart after running sfc. Just do this :

Start > All Program > Accessories > Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > then type this

sfc /scannow  
    then press Enter, then type this again
    shutdown /r /t 2 ==>> this will restart your PC aster 2 seconds
    and press enter.

You may want to write that on a piece of paper. Just in case your sfc is not finish until 100 %, you may have to run sfc in safe mode .

phi.nuts:

1. Can you run all/some those EAs and indicators in Custom Indicator folder in your MT ?

2. Can you re-compile all/some those EAs and indicators in your MT4 without same error and then run it again ?

3. This may not help, but please run sfc (Sysytem File Checker) for your 7. Here's explanation of sfc : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833, and always restart after running sfc. Just do this :

Start > All Program > Accessories > Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > then type this

sfc /scannow  
    then press Enter, then type this again
    shutdown /r /t 2 ==>> this will restart your PC aster 2 seconds
    and press enter.

You may want to write that on a piece of paper. Just in case your sfc is not finish until 100 %, you may have to run sfc in safe mode .

1. yes, i can run all EAs as long as they are recompiled w/o the error.

2. yes, for some EAs i can compile w/o the error.

3. ok, i will try. thanks again. 

Hello, try to set actual date (if today is 22.01.2013 - set on your computer 22.01.2013).
Reason: