Digital Martingale EA - page 4

Digital Martingale EA for FXCM broker.

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY.

GBPJPY:

NZDUSD:

And it is Metatrader statement for all traded pairs:

-------------

- Terminator all the versions, EAs, settings, indicators and manual trading as an options: read this post.

- the settings for C. I. S. M.P-1 EA is on this post.

- Digital Martingale EA is on this post. This EA is using digital filters indicators. Description of the indicators used - this post and more explanation cane be found started from this page till this one. Digital Martingale-2 EA is on this post. It is improved and corrected version of this EA.

- Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY.

It is the situation for this EA right now:

AUDJPY:

AUDUSD:

CADJPY:

CHFJPY:

EURCHF:

-------------

- Terminator all the versions, EAs, settings, indicators and manual trading as an options: read this post.

- Digital Martingale EA is on this post. This EA is using digital filters indicators. Description of the indicators used - this post and more explanation cane be found started from this page till this one. Digital Martingale-2 EA is on this post. It is improved and corrected version of this EA.

- Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

GBPJPY:

EURGBP:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

GBPCHF:

-------------

I installed FXCM metatrader with many pairs H1 timeframe to forward test Digital Martingale EA. Settings is default one except MM: i changed it to 0 just to keep minimum lot size as 0.01.

Will see. I will try to change/evaluate some settings tomorrow because we can use/trade many kinds of digital systems and indicators just having this one EA for different settings.

I am trying to understand the system/settings for this Digital Martingale EA to create some new settings or to improve.

So, this EA is using digital filters.

All digital filters were coded inside this one indicator:

Dfs separate for ea indicator from this post.

There is one parameter in this indicator's input: FilterType (we are having same parameter in EA).

- if FilterType = 0 so we are having FTLM.

- if FilterType = 1 so we are having STLM.

- if FilterType = 2 so we are having RBCI

- if FilterType = 3 so we are having PCCI.

So, we can change this FilterType for any number started with 0 and up to 3 depends on which indicator (FTLM, STLM, RBCI or PCCI) we want to use/trade etc.

==================

So, what is FTLM, STLM, RBCI or PCCI?

FATL (Fast Adaptive Trend Line). It is formed with the digital filter of the low frequency (FLF-1). Filter FLF-1 serves to suppress noises of high frequency and market cycles with very short periods of oscillation that can be considered as noise.

SATL (Slow Adaptive Trend Line). It is formed with the digital filter of the low frequency (FLF-2). Filter FLF-2 serves to suppress noises and market cycles with longer periods of oscillation.

Some people said that SATL and FATL are not moving averages - they are more likely as adaptive moving averages.

RFTL (Reference Fast Trend Line)

and

RSTL (Reference Slow Trend Line)

are something similar with moving averages indicator.

FTLM (Fast Trend Line Momentum)

and

STLM (Slow Trend Line Momentum)

are something similar with momentum indicator:

FTLM = FATL - RFTL

STLM = SATL - RSTL

What is Momentum indicator (just to remind)?

According to "Technical Analysis from A to Z" by Achelis:

Momentum indicator the rate-of-change of a security's price displays as a ratio.

How to use Momentum (from "Technical Analysis from A to Z" by Achelis):

- You can use the Momentum indicator as a trend-following

oscillator similar to the MACD (this is the method I prefer).

Buy when the indicator bottoms and turns up and sell when

the indicator peaks and turns down. You may want

to plot a short-term (e.g., 9-period) moving average

of the indicator to determine when it is bottoming or

peaking. If the Momentum indicator reaches extremely

high or low values (relative to its historical values),

you should assume a continuation of the current trend.

- You can also use the Momentum indicator as

a leading indicator. This method assumes that

market tops are typically identified by a rapid price

increase (when everyone expects prices to go higher)

and that market bottoms typically end with rapid price

declines (when everyone wants to get out).

This is often the case, but it is also a broad generalization.

RBCI (Range Bound Channel Index)

This indicator is similar with our dynamic channel with probability for buy zone (oversolded) and probability for sell zone (from overbought).

PCCI Index (Perfect Commodity Channel Index).

It is similar to our well-known CCI indicator.

What is CCI?

from "Technical Analysis from A to Z" by Achelis:

The Commodity Channel Index ("CCI") measures

the variation of a security's price from its statistical mean.

High values show that prices are unusually high compared

to average prices whereas low values indicate

that prices are unusually low. Contrary to its name,

the CCI can be used effectively on any type of security,

not just commodities.

The CCI was developed by Donald Lambert.

CCI can be used as overbought/oversold indicator, or for divergence.

What is divergence?

We have divergence case if the price trend doesn't agree with the trend of an indicator. In this case - prices usually change direction to confirm the trend of the indicator. Why? Because indicators are better at gauging price trends than the prices themselves.

============

So, in our Dfs separate for ea indicator - we are having such as 4-in-1:

- if FilterType = 0 so we are having FTLM.

- if FilterType = 1 so we are having STLM.

- if FilterType = 2 so we are having RBCI

- if FilterType = 3 so we are having PCCI.

=========

Just to make it shorter:

FTLM is similar to momentum indicator based on fast trend line.

STLM is similar to momentum too based on slow trend line.

RBCI is similar to dynamic channel with probability for buy zone (oversolded) and probability for sell zone (from overbought).

PCCI is similar to CCI

==============

So, it is what I wanted to remind to myself.

On the next few posts - I will remnind to myself some already proven systems based on those indicators. After that - we will try to understand about which settings/indicators to use for this Digital martingale EA ... may be - we can use some new indicators coded inside advanced elite section (as some of them are very good and can be used in our cases).

Files:

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

USDJPY:

GBPUSD:

NZDUSD:

-------------

- Digital Martingale EA is on this post. This EA is using digital filters indicators. Description of the indicators used - this post and next posts. Digital Martingale-2 EA is on this post. It is improved and corrected version of this EA.

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

GBPJPY:

EURGBP:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

GBPCHF:

-------------

- Digital Martingale EA is on this post. This EA is using digital filters indicators. Description of the indicators used - this post and next posts. Digital Martingale-2 EA is on this post. It is improved and corrected version of this EA.

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

AUDJPY:

AUDUSD:

CADJPY:

CHFJPY:

EURCHF:

-------------

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

USDJPY:

GBPUSD:

NZDUSD:

-------------

Original version.

H1 timeframe.

GBPJPY:

EURGBP:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

GBPCHF:

-------------

Reason: