Forex Books - page 20

Are Supply and Demand Driving Stock Prices? supply_demand.pdf

Files:
paper.gif  102 kb

The success that a trader achieves in the markets is directly correlated to one’s trading discipline or lack thereof. Trading discipline is 90 percent of the game. The formula is very simple:Trade with discipline and you will succeed; trade without discipline and you will fail.

I have been a trader and member of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) for 20 years. During my successful pit-trading career as a scalper, I traded in three different contract markets: 30-Year Treasury bonds at the CBOT, the S&P 500 at the Chicago Mercantile

Exchange (CME) and the Gilts at the London International Financial Futures Exchange (LIFFE). Currently, I also trade the electronic $5 Dow futures contract on the CBOT as time permits.

Although my formal academic education consists of a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Denver, I never considered myself to be an extremely gifted student. I have no formal training in market technical analysis. I’m unable to even set up a Fibonacci study or Moving Average study on a charting package, let alone know how to trade with such data. I have no formal training in market fundamental analysis. I don’t understand the economic causal relationship between the actions of the Federal Open Market Committee and Treasury bond prices or equity prices.

25 Rules Of Forex Trading Discipline : 25_rules_of_forex_trading_discipline.pdf

Stops matter more than almost anything else in trading. So few understand them. Some don’t even use them at all – mental or otherwise.

The misunderstandings about stops contributes to more losses than just about anything else in trading. Think about your philosophy on stops. Do you have one? Can you articulate it?

I’m willing to bet that 99% of traders do not have written stop loss rules.

Stop Losses Are For Sissies : stop_losses_are_for_sissies.pdf

BunnyGirl Forex Trading Strategy Rules and FAQ : bunnygirl_rules_and_faq.pdf

Files:

High-Frequency Trading

High-Frequency Trading

High-frequency trading (HFT) has recently drawn massive public attention fuelled by the U.S. May 6, 2010 flash crash and the tremendous increases in trading volumes of HFT strategies. Indisputably, HFT is an important factor in markets that are driven by sophisticated technology on all layers of the trading value chain. However, discussions on this topic often lack sufficient and precise information. A remarkable gap between the results of academic research on HFT and its perceived impact on markets in the public, media and regulatory discussions can be observed.

The research at hand aims to provide up-to-date background information on HFT. This includes definitions, drivers, strategies, academic research and current regulatory discussions. It analyzes HFT and thus contributes to the ongoing discussions by evaluating certain proposed regulatory measures, trying to offer new perspectives and deliver solution proposals. Our main results are: HFT is a technical means to implement established trading strategies.

HFT is not a trading strategy as such but applies the latest technological advances in market access, market data access and order routing to maximize the returns of established trading strategies. Therefore, the assessment and the regulatory discussion about HFT should focus on underlying strategies rather than on HFT as such.

high_frequency_trading.pdf

Files:

Why is our entry strategy so profitable?

If you look at the entry signals that our strategy produces, you can see that our entry signals are able to predict the main direction that the market will take. This enables us to catch up a long-term intra-day wave after entering the market and therefore pick up a considerable number of pips.

Why is our exit strategy so profitable?

Most traders make a mistake by thinking that entering the trade is more important than exiting the trade, and if they have found an entry strategy with positive expectations, “the job is done”. Nothing could be further away from the truth. Exit strategy is equally if not more important than entry. In majority of strategies that are used by average traders a trailing stop is used. A trailing stop is definitely better than a hard stop.

However, I’m afraid that I won’t offer a live trading example with this my strategy. I’ve come to discover that live trading examples do not matter so much but the way you as a trader applies the rule of any particular strategy. I will therefore only give you the rules and live chart while you are to fulfill your own part by demo trading with what I’ve given you to see how it goes.

FX_Destroyer : fx_destroyer.pdf

Files:
fx_destroyer.pdf  321 kb

KobasFX Strategy : kobasfx_strategy.pdf

Files:

How to Trade Both Trend and Range Markets by Single Strategy?

how_to_trade_both_trend_and_range_markets_by_single_strategy.pdf

4 Hour MACD Forex Strategy

4_hour_macd_strategy.zip

Files:

As a young trader, I first used moving averages, point and figure charts and some Gann methods and then moved on to the Elliott wave fad. But none of these methods or techniques really gave me a strong signal for a top or bottom in the market. What I did learn in my early years as a trader was that running with the masses is a guaranteed subscription to failure. It is said that 80% of the people who trade the markets lose; from my experience, I'd say this is true. The losing majority fund the marketwise minority.

I wanted a trading method that kept me on the opposite side of the losing public and gave me a more absolute signal in picking tops and bottoms in the market. I also wanted an undiscovered method that the trading masses hadn't overused. That eliminated moving averages, which got me short at bottoms and long at tops, and Gann and Elliott methods, which pointed to a top or bottom after it occurred.

What I found was the tick index, carried by most live intraday quote services, and I have found it to accurately forecast market tops and bottoms and indicate buy and sell levels. This method uses intraday uptick and downtick readings of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to forecast tops and bottoms in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and to generate buy and sell signals that span one to 10 days.

Picking Tops And Bottoms With The Tick Index : picking_tops.pdf

Files:
picking_tops.pdf  159 kb