Forex Books - page 27

Intraday trading with the TICK

The TICK is a market breadth indicator that measures the d i ff e rence between the number of New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) stocks trading on an uptick (i.e., last price higher than the previous price) and the number of stocks trading on a downtick (last price lower than the previous price). For example, if at a given moment 5,200 NYSE stocks were trading up from their previous prices and 4,800 were trading down from their previous prices, the TICK reading would be +400 (5,200- 4,800). The TICK indicator should not be confused with the term “tick,“ which is used to describe a minimum price fluctuation.

Intraday trading with the TICK : tick.pdf

Files:
tick.pdf  158 kb

Beyond Technical Analysis : The book.rar

The Predictive Power of Stock Market Indicators : pposmi.rar

Technical analysis, also known as “charting,” has been a part of financial practice for many decades, but this discipline has not received the same level of academic scrutiny and acceptance as more traditional approaches such as fundamental analysis. One of the main obstacles is the highly subjective nature of technical analysis— the presence of geometric shapes in historical price charts is often in the eyes of the beholder. In this paper, we propose a systematic and automatic approach to technical pattern recognition using nonparametric kernel regression, and we apply this method to a large number of U.S. stocks from 1962 to 1996 to evaluate the effectiveness of technical analysis. By comparing the unconditional empirical distribution of daily stock returns to the conditional distribution—conditioned on specific technical indicators such as head-and-shoulders or double-bottoms—we find that over the 31-year sample period, several technical indicators do provide incremental information and may have some practical value.

Foundations of Technical Analysis. Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation : Foundations of Technical Analysis.rar

Technical analysis—these words may conjure up many different mental images. Perhaps you think of the stereotypical technical analyst, alone in a windowless office, slouched over stacks of hand-drawn charts of stock prices. Or, maybe you think of the sophisticated multicolored computerized chart of your favorite stock you recently saw. Perhaps you begin dreaming about all the money you could make if you knew the secrets to predicting stock prices. Or, perhaps you remember sitting in a finance class and hearing your professor say that technical analysis “is a waste of time.” In this book, we examine some of the perceptions, and misperceptions, of technical analysis.

If you are new to the study of technical analysis, you might be wondering just what technical analysis is. In its basic form, technical analysis is the study of prices in freely traded markets with the intent of making profitable trading or investment decisions. Technical analysis is rooted in basic economic theory. Consider the basic assumptions presented by Robert D. Edwards and John Magee in the classic book, Technical Analysis of Stock Trends:

• Stock prices are determined solely by the interaction of demand and supply.

• Stock prices tend to move in trends.

• Shifts in demand and supply cause reversals in trends.

• Shifts in demand and supply can be detected in charts.

• Chart patterns tend to repeat themselves.

Technical Analysis-The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians : Technical Analysis-The Complete Resource.rar

You can't dig a new hole by making the old one deeper

Trading is a difficult business. Finding a way to build steady profits takes long, hard work or very good luck. Sometimes the effort fails; no matter how much energy is applied, there is no answer to be found. Other times, a successful program has only a short lifespan before the market changes. Smarter Trading tries to be realistic about how to find broad-based trading strategies that can survive change. It uses a lateral solution rather than a vertical one.

Vertical and Lateral Solutions

A vertical solution is where each new part reinforces the previous work. A lateral solution is where the parts fit side by side, resting on their own foundation. Think of searching for buried treasure. You know it's in the back yard. You can dig one hole deeper and deeper or dig a series of holes in different places.

An 50-floor skyscraper is a vertical solution to living space. Building on the same foundation makes the final result dependent on all the

previous work. But markets change causing some assumptions to fail. The top of the building becomes very fragile when you start removing bricks from the middle.

The lateral solution builds a wide base by taking the pieces, each one of which can stand on its own and combining them side-by-side into a single structure. None of the parts are complicated and none of them duplicate another piece. If one part fails, the others continue to work.

Smarter Trading (Perry Kaufman) : Smarter Trading.rar

Computerized Trading (Jurik Mark) : Computerized Trading.rar

I first became aware of Murray’s work when he published an article titled “Using Neural Nets for Intermarket Analysis,” in Futures Magazine. I subsequently did a series of interviews with him on CNBC in which he developed his ideas even further, for a larger audience. I’ve followed his work ever since, with growing interest and admiration (and occasionally offered a little encouragement). That’s why I’m delighted to help introduce his first book. I do so for some selfish reasons: Murray’s research validates much of the work I helped develop, especially in the field of intermarket analysis. Murray’s extensive research in that area not only validates my earlier writings in that field but, I believe, raises intermarket analysis to a higher and more practical level. Not only does he provide statistical evidence that intermarket linkages exist, but he shows numerous examples of how to develop trading systems utilizing intermarket filters. Most traders accept that a positive correlation exists between bonds and stocks. How about utilizing a moving average filter on the bond market to tell us whether to be in the stock market or in T-Bills? One such example shows how an investor could have outperformed the S&P500 while being in the market only 59 percent of the time. Or how about utilizing correlation analysis to determine when intermarket linkages are strong and when they are weak? That insight allows a trader to use market linkages in trading decisions only when they are most likely to work. I was amazed at how useful (and logical) these techniques really were. But this book is more than a study of intermarket analysis.

Cybernetic Trading Strategies : Cybernetic Trading Strategies.rar

80 Page Trading book for $1000

Hello forum,

I came across the book "The Best Trading Systems" by Chris Beanie. It is listed on Ebay and amzn for apprx $700-1000 USD. I was wondering has anyone read this 80 page book? If you did what did you think of it and was it worth it's price?

thanks