Forex Books - page 21

In this presentation, we review and go into great depth concerning the Traders Trick Entry (TTE). The TTE is one of the most important concepts you will ever learn, and is at the heart of what we teach. Following the introduction and basics of the TTE, we will give you some examples of its use and explain why it is so important.

Traders Trick Entry : traders_trick_entry.pdf

Files:

Making the Odds Even

Not too long ago, I had a conversation with a fellow trader. He’s relatively new to the Forex, but he’s the kind of person who does a thorough analysis before placing a trade. He wants to be sure that the inferences he makes about market direction are valid, and that his trading decisions are well-informed. He says, “If everything looks good, I place my order. At that point, I’ve made the best decision I can make, given the information available. So now it’s time to let the chips fall where they may.”

“Letting the chips fall where they may” basically meant that although he would occasionally make a good profit, more often he would get stopped out with a loss or be whipsawed out of the market just before a major move. He observed that even though he did everything he could, his trading seemed to boil down to a craps shoot—a roll of the dice, a spin of the wheel of fortune,— with Murphy’s Law stacking the odds ever so slightly against him.

Sound familiar?

But what if you had access to information that stacks the odds in your favor?

Imagine that for each currency pair, you already know:

• When trends are most likely to occur

• The best days to trade

• The most active trading days

• The best hours to trade

• The most active trading hours of the day

• How far price is likely to move during a trend

• How much of that move you can reasonably expect to capture

• How long a trend is likely to last

Forex Trader's Cheat Sheet : forex_traders_cheat_sheet.pdf

Since the introduction of the candlestick method to the US some two decades ago, it caused a revolution in perceiving how the bullish and bearish forces perform in the Western markets. It has become a popular charting tool, as traders have used candlesticks to make chart formations easier to spot and name. But interpreting candlesticks can be challenging. To make things easier, the heikin-ashi technique modifies the traditional candlestick chart. Let's take a look at how it works.

Using The Heikin Ashi Technique : using_the_heikin_ashi_technique_d_valcu.pdf

Not directly connected only to forex, but a kind soul has left this on my FB page - it seems that nowdays we can find a wealth of knowledge on the net - all we have to do is search : 750 Free Online Courses from Top Universities | Open Culture

The LSS 3-Day Cycle Method, which is based on the writing of George Douglas Taylor's classic "Book Method" of the Nineteen-fifties, is designed to identify support and resistance. This market strategy is particularly useful in day trading because it identifies zones where the market can be bought or sold with decreased risk. Taylor's contribution to market literature is important in that he correctly identified market "engineering." In a nutshell, Taylor maintained the market was taken lower to create buying opportunities for market insiders or taken higher to create selling opportunities for these same knowledgeable individuals. When put to the test, this pattern does indeed appear to be relevant.

LSS - An Introduction to the 3-Day Cycle Method : lss_3_day_cycle_method.pdf

Files:

A little over a year ago, I wrote an article in which I described a buy and sell method using the tick index on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The tick index is the difference between the number of issues trading with the last trade higher (an uptick) from the previous price and the number of issues trading with the last trade lower (a downtick) from the previous price. For example, if exchange X has 500 issues trading on an uptick and 250 issues trading on a downtick, the tick index would be 500 – 250 = 250.

To summarize my method of using the tick index, a buy signal is generated when two intraday 600-plus downtick readings are recorded at approximately the same price level on the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA). These 600-plus downticks should be at least one day apart but not more than 10 days apart. If the market makes a double bottom and the tick index has reached 600 or more downticks at both bottoms, then the second reading of 600 or more intraday downticks is a buy signal. For a sell signal, the reverse is true: When the market is making a double top and the tick index readings on both tops intraday exceed 600, then the second reading of 600 or more upticks is the sell signal.

The tick index is useful for a host of other market applications. After years of analyzing the tick index as a market indicator, I have discovered numerous trading rules that are useful in day-to-day trading. Familiarizing yourself with these rules will help you become more aware of market conditions leading to market turns.

Market Turns And Continuation Moves With The Tick Index : market_turns.pdf

Files:
market_turns.pdf  106 kb

You know what a pip is already. For purposes of this booklet, we’re drawing it as a yellow cube. Do you know that most forex traders spend their careers chasing after pips in the same way I chased after Carrie’s attention? She never gave it to me, unless (at the end) it was to blow me a teasing goodbye kiss. She had received all the benefit from my attention and never gave anything back except a blow to my selfesteem.

Gosh, that sounds a lot like when I first traded currency – and the pips teased me until they simply moved away in the end, with a good-bye kiss. Have you ever watched the market and wondered why the harder you tried, the more quickly the pips distanced themselves from you? I remember when I first started trading that the market would move away from me and I would begin to think: it’s moving. Why is it moving away from me? Couldn’t it just as easily move in my direction?

For a while, I made money on gut decisions. I’d make some progress, a few pips or more a day, but never really understand the 5 – 13 – 62 – PAGE 5 signals. For instance, I’d make a profit just barely, and watch in horror / relief as the market swung the opposite way right after I exited the trade. Or I’d enter a trade, lose a bunch of pips, and then exit the position at a loss – only to watch the market swing back in my favor. Only, of course, the position was closed and all I could do was sit there and watch,

5-13-62 strategy : 5_13_62.pdf

Files:
5_13_62.pdf  395 kb

an effective trading strategy is only part of a successfully trading plan. If you want your trading to perpetuate, you better have some form of money management built into your overall trading approach. Money management involves examining the concepts of risk and return in reference to investor preference. The objective is to choose a desired rate of return and then minimize the risk associated with that rate of return. Money management concepts should be used to make the most efficient use of trading capital. We can’t emphasize enough the importance of using money management in a trading plan. The money manager strategy is a simple system that incorporates and demonstrates some simple money management concepts. The concepts we are presenting go beyond simple profit objectives or protective stops. These ideas fall within the realm of the underlying trading strategy. We go beyond this and move into the areas of capital allocation. The concepts that are presented in this strategy are based on capital preservation and market normalization. We all know what capital preservation is, but some may not understand the concept of market normalization. The ability to diversify equal amounts of capital across a portfolio of different markets is the backbone of any money management scheme. If we want to risk 5% of our equity on soybeans and 5% on treasury bonds, we need the ability to treat the two markets on apples to apples basis. Most of the time one contract of treasury bonds exhibits more risk than one contract of soybeans. Since we want to maintain a constant amount of capital to risk on the two markets, we will need to trade less treasury bonds and more soybeans. Let’s say the implied market risk for treasury bonds is $1000 and $500 for soybeans. If we were risking $2000 on each market, we would then trade 2 contracts of bonds and 4 contracts of soybeans. We are maintaining the same amount of risk by varying the number of contracts for the two markets.

the money manager trading strategy : [attach]181081[/attach]

Nice

Who learns but does not think, is lost!

Who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.

Basic strategy

We search for a correction that is about to end. It makes sense because if we see a trend on a specific time frame than we are likely to be already too late to make an entry. Our objective is to enter the market at the end of a correction. Our prime target is the end of waves 2 or B.

We determine the most likely price zones for the end of the correction using our Square of 9, pattern, divergence & Elliott Wave analysis as well as price and time projection.

When price reaches those projected zones, we go to shorter time frames. We look to see if the pattern appears complete. We once again use the same projection techniques that we previously used. We base our analysis on all of our available tools. After we see that the pattern on the short time frame appears to be complete then we look at our oscillators for an entry.

1) We look at the W%R and establish what time frames will signal our entry. We patiently wait for both signals.

2) We enter using the two halves technique meaning that the first half will be exited when we gain as many pips as we risked (usually). At the time of our first half’s exit we might move the stop loss of the second half. We will exit the second half based on the higher time frame’s W%R.

3D trading : 3dtrading.pdf

Files:
3dtrading.pdf  962 kb