Chaa-Ching

Guys,

there is a lot of people like me looking for a system that works to create abundance in trading. Myself, have not had or found yet a system that I created or purchased that really paid my expectations! Expectations to make money each week. This system among others was authored by me. The idea of cycles and use them for pinning down to an entry point makes somewhat sense to me. However, the issue finding that "perfect point" is more likely at home in your bedroom, than in a rough world of currency's terminators!

Having the courage to let a system do its work is the first thing you need to learn. This system is not for anybodies taste because it is build on a possibility calculation which has taken in a position in a currency that you think and like to trade. What this means is, that this system will not be the perfect top or bottom picker! There is a scale in approach that takes course at a range between 30 - 200 pips sometimes. If you like to trade SL with that it will not work well. Otherwise if you think to trade with wide range SL (125+) than this is good. I don't believe in SL since you miss mostly the "perfect entry" and than you emoptinally place the SL into the hands of the market makers opposite positon of yours!

The idea is to find the right mix of opposite moving currencies that if the optimized setting mostly offset like a Hedge the P/L. If it moves in cycles than the balance will be positive after the cycles are finished.

This EA works good on 1 minute chart. I use it on the following pairs:

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD, USDCHF

The settings vary with the pairs volatility in it cycle. The EA has a tendency to scale into a trade in portions that must be managed by a MM program. It does not pick a trade and has stops to watch. I don't believe to much in the levels of stops since most of the time they get picked. It is however a preference for anybody interested to activate the SL in this EA.

Settings EURUSD $ 5,000.- Account:

Magic = 8001;

BaseLot = 0.01;

MaxLotSize = .2;

MinLotSize = 0.1;

UseMoneyManagement = true;

IsMicroAcc = false;

EquityPRC = 2;

TakeProfit = 55;

StopLoss = 0;

UseExitSignal = true;

UseTimeRestriction = false;

DayEnd = 5;

HourEnd = 12;

BreakEvenTrigger = 0;//if 0 then is not used

TrailingStopTrigger = 0;//if 0 then is not used

TrailingStopPips = 0;

EmailOn = true;

AlertOn = true;

ScreenshotOn = true;

n = "INDICATOR";

shift = 0;//0 current bar, 1 closed

PriceActionFilter = 1;

Length = 15;

MajorCycleStrength =8;

UseCycleFilter = false;

UseFilterSMAorRSI = 1;

FilterStrengthSMA = 12;

FilterStrengthRSI = 21;

It can be optimized to any currency pair. You have to use the cycle indicator which makes the EA scale in to a trade. Also it has a choice of filter which is a SMA or a RSI. Run the optimizer or create a sense of the signals you get if you manually try to picture out a trustworthy idea off the screen.

It has a MM included that is working very well working the trade from a low fraction of risk towards a large kind of martingdale position. I have ran this now for the 6th week and the RoI is currently on a real account close to 100%.

This system is posted because I believe that very creative minds on this Board can make this better. It needs more creative minds that can write more tighter entry points to it, plus add maybe a Momentum and Volatility filter. Please take that opportunity to think about this. It is an EA that works now and has more profitable potential. We have to stick our heads together to win in this. It can make anybodies abundance become something we can all proud of Any ideas?

Update: 2011/01/11

My research has made me come to the conclusion that the use of Renko Chart with this system is very promising. See attached chart. You have to find the right setting sin checking with the system for a few days trading and watch the cyclidentifer paint the bold spike. You must watch for how much a trading range change you occur on an average in the currency you are trading. That will help you to set the first setting. For the next two settings watch on a live chart for a few days how the cycle tops or bottoms form and how many trades it initiates.

Thanks Joforex

Files:

What settings are you using?

I just did a backtest on eur/usd 1m timeframe from june 8 - june 18 using default settings and results were very poor.

Files:
testergraph.gif  21 kb

You can try a backtest mini account:

base lot 0.01

max lot 0.06

min lot 0.03

mm true

55 tp

exit signal false

indicator

1, 15, 8

filter indi false

Hi joforex, When doing a backtest I get a Ordersend Error 4107 and the test just freezes...any help appreciated..Best rgds

joforex:
You can try a backtest mini account:

base lot 0.01

max lot 0.06

min lot 0.03

mm true

55 tp

exit signal false

indicator

1, 15, 8

filter indi false

Much better results with those settings.

I think the problem was the cycle indicator default settings are too tight and exit signal being turned on. All trades were exiting at loss with the exit signal on and indicator at such tight settings. I will play around with it some more.

Files:

joforex:
Guys,

this EA works good on 1 minute chart. It can be optimized to any currency pair. You have to use the cycle indicator which makes the EA scale in to a trade. Also it has a choice of filter which is a SMA or a RSI.

It has a MM included that is working very well working the trade from a low fraction of risk towards a large kind of martingdale position. I have ran this now for the 5th week and the RoI is currently on a real account close to 100%.

It needs more creative minds that can write more tighter entry points to it. Anby ideas?

Thanks Joforex

Hi Joforex,

Ran this in strategy tester and played with it for a while. Looks like it has potential if you can get better entries to avoid the big martingale like positions that occur once in a while.

My suggestion, if you can code it or get someone else to is to add Mladen's Triangular MA Centered Abands as a filter. In other words when the cycle identifier shows a short only take that short when price is above the tma bands. Add to the position only when price moves back outside the TMA bands again and possibly limit sizing to 3 positions max? See the following pic....

I marked all the short positions with red arrows, and the first short that would qualify using the tma as a filter in yellow. I know this may be a drastic change, not trying to totally change your EA, jusy my 2 cents. It would trade a LOT less, but would be great high probability entries in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Zipfrog

P.S. TMA Settings I used Are:

Timeframe 5 min

Halflength 12

Price 6

Bands Deviation 3

Interpolate true

Files:
chaa-ching.gif  31 kb

Hi zipfrog, that sounds a plausible idea to try and program. It seems also that the SMA and RSI just don't really need to be in this. Send me the indicator you wanna use. Thanks

fxwealth:
Hi joforex, When doing a backtest I get a Ordersend Error 4107 and the test just freezes...any help appreciated..Best rgds

Well I don't know what error 4107 means.

fxwealth:

found something for you

Looks like you are using 5 digit history data when 4 digit data is expected due to the parameters that have been set whilst you've had that MetaTrader instance connected to a broker.

Try swapping "Ask" for "NormalizeDouble(Ask,4)" and let me know how it goes.

Very interesting

I ran a short, 3-month test, just to see what this thing can do. It definitely brings home the bacon. While I was monitoring the backtest, I could see it piling on the positions, so I feared massive DD. I was pleasantly surprised to see it end up at 23%, which isn't bad, considering the high returns.

Profit factor is quite high and the winning percentages are also high. I'd like to dial this in further, to see if I can lower DD to less than 20%. Next, will be my standard, two-year test for 2008/2009, which tends to present problems for every EA I put through the ringer.

My return is roughly 20%/month. I'm don't know how the OP could have gotten 100% in only five weeks, without taking on huge risk.

Regarding the n/a modeling quality: I just cleaned out the downloads folder and downloaded fresh data and the results were identical.

Rob

joforex:
Hi zipfrog, that sounds a plausible idea to try and program. It seems also that the SMA and RSI just don't really need to be in this. Send me the indicator you wanna use. Thanks

Hi Joforex,

The indie is here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608/page8

Might want to try just taking the initial position outside the bands as I recommended and then let the EA do it's usual thing, since it seems to be profitable already. Less programming to start with anyways.

Regards,

Zipfrog

Reason: