Brooky Indicators - page 2

Usdx

brooky29:
See what effect 7 pairs structured on a single base currency may have on the currency you are trading. Very configurable.

The Indicator assigns a value to each pair depending whether both moving averages are going up or down and a reduced value if the fast ma is moving opposite to the slow ma. There are finite levels with 10 being maximum and -10 being minimum. 10 denotes that your currency is overbought while -10 denotes oversold.

There is a distinction made between a Major pair such as USDCHF (base first) and a Minor pair such as AUDUSD (base last). You can elect 3 major pairs and 4 minor pairs to be used in calculations using the same base currency in all. The defaults work well and you will probably never need to change them if you want USD as the base currency.

As an interesting side note, if you wanted to use the AUD as the base currency you could elect three major AUD pairs and 4 minor AUD pairs and you would then get the effect of overall AUD performance. This may be of use if you only traded Tokyo or such.

Works well as a confirming signal to other indicators such as Williams Percent Range etc, and often appears predictive.

You can call the iCustom with the following code line if you want an extra confirmation inside an Expert Advisor or such.

double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Brooky_USD_Strength",".",".","USDCHF","USDJPY","USDCAD",".","AUDUSD","EURUSD","GBPUSD","NZDUSD",".",55,34,".",15,".",0,1,0);

Change the 55 and 34 at the end to reflect slow and fast Moving Averages which are used for strength calculations if you want.

if(val>=8) denotes overbought. if(val<=-8) denotes oversold.

Chart shows anticipated movement of EURUSD on M1 based on the strength index of the USD currency across 7 pairs.

Cheers.

Why not just use a MT4 broker that has the USDX as an option and watch that?

USD strength n CCI combo indi

homestudy:
Why not just use a MT4 broker that has the USDX as an option and watch that?

Hi homestudy.

Couldn't agree more if all you wanted to do was watch the index and your broker offered the index.

I have offered this indicator as something that others might want to build on as it has 6 free buffers to incorporate other data and is easy to call as an iCustom into any ea or other indi.

I love seeing lines cross within a single indicator as for me that is easier than trying to line 3 or 4 crosses up under the chart. The other advantage is that you can easily program a cross within a single indi for a signal.

To illustrate an adaption of the strength indi I have added a capped cci data line which could form the basis for confirmation/divergence or a signal and there are still 5 buffers left for others programmers to add their unique touch.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

ps. Chart and indi below.

USD Strength Indicator

See what effect 7 pairs structured on a single base currency may have on the currency you are trading. Very configurable.

The Indicator assigns a value to each pair depending whether both moving averages are going up or down and a reduced value if the fast ma is moving opposite to the slow ma. There are finite levels with 10 being maximum and -10 being minimum. 10 denotes that your currency is overbought while -10 denotes oversold.

There is a distinction made between a Major pair such as USDCHF (base first) and a Minor pair such as AUDUSD (base last). You can elect 3 major pairs and 4 minor pairs to be used in calculations using the same base currency in all. The defaults work well and you will probably never need to change them if you want USD as the base currency.

As an interesting side note, if you wanted to use the AUD as the base currency you could elect three major AUD pairs and 4 minor AUD pairs and you would then get the effect of overall AUD performance. This may be of use if you only traded Tokyo or such.

Works well as a confirming signal to other indicators such as Williams Percent Range etc, and often appears predictive.

You can call the iCustom with the following code line if you want an extra confirmation inside an Expert Advisor or such.

double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Brooky_USD_Strength",".",".","USDCHF","USDJPY","USDCAD",".","AUDUSD","EURUSD","GBPUSD","NZDUSD",".",55,34,".",15,".",0,1,0);

Change the 55 and 34 at the end to reflect slow and fast Moving Averages which are used for strength calculations if you want.

if(val>=8) denotes overbought. if(val<=-8) denotes oversold.

Chart shows anticipated movement of EURUSD on M1 based on the strength index of the USD currency across 7 pairs.

Cheers.

Experimental Chaos Moving Average

Hello all,

There is nothing new about moving averages and there are plenty of instances of very smart algorithms helping us determine where pa might lead us.

I thought I would bring something new to the table and ended up with an ma that might prove to be an interesting oddity or something quite useful.

I really would love some feedback as I have left the settings open so those more experienced with ma's might come back with some useful observations re time frames, settings or just general comments.

Very basically the engine under the hood relies on generating a dynamic stimulation of a section of the price and then allocating a positive or negative effect on each price bar back to the 10th bar.

The manifold or field in play re calculations is simply a segmented circle with 10 sections.( hence ten bars bars back) with an instruction to move from 10 bars back at price point something to now ending up who knows where by what price path,ie up or down.

Each bar is a discrete point that we can apply some stimulation to the price which is achieved by multiplying the price by a segment of either Champernowne's or Fibonacci's number.

This number is then multiplied by 10 and then we drop the first number left of the decimal off. This number becomes the segment of the circle that the time point has penetrated. Depending on the segment results in a random negative or positive effect on price.

Seemingly a chaotic result when one views the raw data. You can see it if you set the smooth period to 1.

What I found interesting is that this seemingly random application of effect on pa when smoothed and compared against a normal LWMA is not so chaotic as one might think and could possibly result in some useful application.

The chart attached shows the default settings on an M5 chart.

The calculations are really from left field so would love to hear if anyone can tame this beast and make it work for us.

Indi attached.

Cheers

Files:

WPR Sentiment Indicator

Hi all.

This indicator was developed to help with a particular trading system on this forum called WPR2000

Because it may be of use with other settings for other strategies I thought I would post it here as well so it does not get buried inside the forum.

The attached chart is an example of how it helps confirm a particular signal. The boll pocket indi mentioned is available on the WPR2000 thread in attachments.

The WPR sentiment line is like a forerunner to the base WPR line. It helps show where the market would like price to go.

The default settings are for a 2000 wpr period on an M1 chart but this is changeable to whatever you wish as is the sentiment period and smooth.

If you are using a system and find this a useful confirmation indi I would love to see how you use it and with what settings.

Cheers.

Bollinger Power Pocket Indicator

Hi all,

In the previous WPR-Sentiment Indi post you will see color candles around certain Bollinger lines. I was asked to explain these on another thread and will deposit the indicator here for you all and update here if needed for all.

I have also attached an example of using both the sentiment and boll indis on an M30 chart with appropriate comments. Can be used on all TF's.

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers

ADDED:

I have been requested to provide the Boll indi so that it does not show the envelopes but only the colored candles, mean line and cross. Therefore it is attached as Brooky_Boll_PocketV1.1.1.mq4

You can turn off the cross and mean line if you wish and only see the power candles.

Auto Fib Levels for Renko and Ranges

Hi all,

We have been discussing using Renko on the WPR2000 thread and to help with finding levels to trade against I made this indicator which is designed to plot Fib levels that make sense visually when you want to think in terms of price ranges such as Renko and Range bars.

The levels are calculated to fall on the closest high or low of the range you specify (eg: 5 box Renko Bars ) between a high and low range that you can also adjust.

The charts show:

1) The indi plotted on a 7 box Renko chart

2) An M1 chart with the range set to 5 pips

3) The indi set with the show short extension option.

You can elect how many bars back to look for a high or low and stop looking for example 20 bars before current. This allows you to see an extension growing where you may then want to adjust your range to include the new highs or lows and plot possible retrace levels.

All the adjustments can be done with a few clicks in the options section of the indi.

If you want to see raw fib levels just put the indi on any chart and select a range of 1 pip.

While the purists will argue that the lines do not fall on exact Fib levels when plotted this way, ( which I agree with) you will be surprised particularly in Renko how often the levels are respected.

Hope you find this indi useful.

Cheers.

RSI Ichimoku Indicator

Hi All,

I made this indicator for myself and have found it so useful I thought I would share it.

It is based on the standard MT4 Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator but I have designed it to track the RSI values instead in a sub window.

You can use it as confirmation of other strategies, or if you are a dedicated Ichi user you can use it as a fantastic adjunct to your Ichi charts.

The one thing I have noticed, and I have displayed in the charts below with a live trade I took, is the great signal that the GREEN Chinkou Span line gives to show tops n bottoms or a momentary consolidation in a trend.

Another point that often yields a good move is when all three lines break through the clouds at once in either direction as per when I took the trade shown. Works well if you can see that pa has a little room to move (13 pip minimum) to resistance. Incidentally I closed the trade on the confirmed reject of the 70 rsi line as news was moments away and I ended up with a nice little pre-news range scalp.

When putting on your chart, just change the last color to the color of your chart to float the clouds.

Love to hear your feedback.

Cheers

Brooky

Delete Unwanted Objects Indi

Hi all,

This indi is a house keeping indi to help make it easier to delete the object types that you want off your screen.

I find it useful if I have been trying out a lot of levels or trend-lines and only want to delete one of those item types.

Another great use is if you pop on an indi someone has written but has got the delete objects code wrong and you are left with 200 arrows to delete off your favorite setup.

The indi runs once and then resets to no deletions so you can leave it on a live chart and only activate it as you need.

Supports all object types.

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers.

Ps. Indi attached with screenshot of edit.

Brooky Trend Strength

I really like this indicator but I have noticed some things about it in the short time I have been using it. Sometimes if it is running on a chart live it gets jacked up. The attached images are from the same exact time. The second one I just switched to a higher time frame and then back and it reset itself to looking normal. Not a big deal but maybe that can be fixed. The other thing I noticed is that the indicator has a sound alert. I think anyways. I have a few new indicators I am testing so maybe it isn't the one but I have noticed a beeping going off sometimes and I am pretty sure it is this one. It seems very arbitrary too. Not sure why it goes off. Would be great if it had an alarm that went off when the red or blue lines go above the grey line. Just some observations. I like this indicator a lot and appreciate your work.

Files:
weird.jpg  61 kb
weird2.jpg  55 kb
Reason: