Ras id#31367 - riyo - page 2

Performance Report 20 July 2010

Dear Traders,

Last week we collected more than 250 pips.

Statistics up to 20 July 2010:

Max floating loss: $306.79 (5.6%)

Profit Factor: 2.55

Forex is risk/reward game where what you need is consistency. Please pay attention to this matter.

Regards,

Thyristor

Performance Report 28 July 2010

Dear Traders,

Last week we collected more than 200 pips. Consistent profit since it starts to open trade.

Statistics up to 28 July 2010:

Max floating loss: $306.79 (5.6%)

Profit Factor: 2.61

Forex is risk/reward game where what you need is consistency. Please pay attention to this matter.

Regards,

Thyristor

Performance Report 9 August 2010

Dear Traders,

Last week we did not book any pips, FOMC news and US economy outlook made max floating equity drawdown about -$59.06 in our trading account. This expert advisor created 4 open orders and waiting for market to return back to its stable region under moving average. Don't worry, this is a normal situation for this expert advisor to open more than 1-2 orders. For your information, this expert advisor has been designed to sustain market fluctuation above 6% from its daily moving average.

Statistics up to 09 August 2010:

Max equity drawdown: $306.79

Max balance drawdown: $86.21

Profit Factor: 2.65

Regards,

Thyristor

From some of the trades I saw in the history, it looks like you're averaging down some loosing positions. Would you please let us know a little bit more about the algorithms that decide to open up to 12 simultaneous trades ?

kassec:
From some of the trades I saw in the history, it looks like you're averaging down some loosing positions. Would you please let us know a little bit more about the algorithms that decide to open up to 12 simultaneous trades ?

Hi Kassec,

You are right. The basis of this algorithm is about how it control the cost averaging, select best currency pairs to trade and size lot positions. We all know that price from time to time is always changed. The principle is that it never reaches infinite as well as it never comes down to zero. There are still many places in that movement where we can gain profit regardless of market price and condition.

I choose fuzzy algorithm as the logic to well control the cost averaging since it can imitate human emotion relative to any price movement. You know that market will react differently if it see the price as a month highest or a week highest, etc. The degree of market reaction is represented in fuzzy membership function.

For selection of the best currency pair to trade I use a clustering technique. I am sure that there are many explanation about what fuzzy clustering technique means if you google the internet.

It is very rare that the algorithm opens more than 5 trades. The 12 simultaneous trades if you look carefully was happened during the europe/greece crisis. At that time it reached the max equity drawdown about $306.79 but it was controllable and still booked us some profit. If you check on that period not all expert advisors in rentasignal.com could sustain under this extreme condition where the price fluctuation was 5-6% above/below monthly moving average.

I hope that my explanation gives clear information about how conservative and safe is my expert advisor. I would like to hear from you any comment or suggestion.

Regards

Thyristor

Dear ND,

I faced a problem with my FXDD demo account in where I place my EA. This demo account has been expired and I cannot run my EA on this account anymore.

Do you have any solution how to continue this signal without interrupting the existing open orders. For the future plan I want to feed this signal from my real account since this demo account cause me and my subscribers a problem.

Regards

Thyristor

Feed By Real Account

To all of my subscribers,

Apologize for this problem. You notice that there are small loss happen today due to my FXDD DEMO account was expired thus the rentasignal EA did not send you update and therefore to be safe as instructed by rentasignal customer service I had to close all existing open orders.

Starting from today the feed signal to your MT4 platform is sent directly from my FXDD REAL account since I do not want this problem happen to you again in the future.

Regards

Thyristor

Performance Report 18 August 2010

To all of my subscribers,

First of all I would like to apologize again regarding my expired FXDD DEMO account problem which force me to close existing open orders. In order to ensure this problem does not happen again starting from two days ago signal that you receive is directly coming from my FXDD REAL account.

Total profit booked on last week was about 100 pips.

Statistics up to 18 August 2010:

Max equity drawdown: $306.79

Max balance drawdown: $86.21

Profit Factor: 2.62

Regards,

Thyristor

Guidance for Signal Selection

Dear Traders,

Linuxuser, Simba, and others already post some useful information regarding how to select good signal in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179669.

In this thread I just like to share as well my view that may benefit some of you.

1. Know your risk tolerance

Always remember the law of nature: "HIGH GAIN, HIGH RISK". There is no such thing: "high gain, low risk", "high gain, low drawdown". If you understand this matter then you need to determine what is your risk tolerance factor. In this context it is better to represent it in tolerable equity drawdown. Look carefully on the RAS graphic between the balance and equity curve, how big is the difference. Do not look at RAS stats balance max drawdown. Some of RAS signal may have balance max drawdown equal to zero, but when you look at the equity/balance curve there is a $3000 difference. It means that if you have only $2000 in your account, at that time you already hit the min margin requirement. Difference people have different EQUITY drawdown tolerance so make sure you first look at this point.

2. Know your reasonable reward

What is your reasonable reward? Does 15-40% ROI is ok? or 1000% ROI. Be realistic... no such thing in this world can be achieved without exposing you to high risk as well. "Get Rich Quick" and "Gotta have it now" mentality are the most factor that make you as losser (part of other 90% in this leveraged arena)

3. Trading Performance Consistency

Looks at consistent sharpe/sortino ratio, profit factor ratio. Ideal sharpe/sortino ratio should be above 1, and profit factor ratio should be above 2. And the important parameter as well as is how long such signal presents. TIME will prove which signal is a winner or losser.

4. Trading Statistic Consistency

I do not recommend you to choose signal that has average pips per trade less than most major spread (<5 pips). It is very easy you get requote everytime you want to close trade, considering broker's slippage, etc.

Do not look at how big the profit is since it can be manipulated by average pips and lots size. I do not recommend you to choose signal that has statistic to trade with very small "average pips per trade" with "Big Lots Size".

Finally it is up to you to decide.....

Happy Trades,

Thyristor

Stop my signal service

Starting from today i will stop my signal service to rentasignal.com due to lack of trust to this site and their management. I have tried to contact the support telling them to pay my signal since 3 months ago and until now they are still not paying. They do not response my query and tell me to wait and promise to pay.

If for such small amount of money they will do that to their customer, I believe they will do as well for big amount of money. I lose my trust to this website and will not be part of signal provider to this site any longer.

Please pay careful attention to their attitude especially for new providers.

Reason: