Fundamental Analysis - page 3

Consumer Confidence & Industrial Confidence

Consumer Confidence: measures the levels the citizens in the sixteen economies trust their economy, which results from the difference between the negative and positive answers, zero is considered to be the barrier, a reading below zero means that the negative answer surpass the positive answers, but if the reading is positive then the positive readings are more than the negative readings.

Industrial Confidence: the survey is sent to industrial executives, where the questionnaire asks them about the levels of production in the period to come and asks about the levels of inventories in a specific industry.

Trade on fundamentals but respect the technicals is an old saying even the big value portfolio managers state.

For long time frame Fundamentals is key -- days months years. For short term minutes hours I would suggest Technicals is more important outside of news time of course.

4 ppi

sorry my friend am late ) ... i will guide you for free daily technical analysis from wsbrokers.com they are realy profissionals .. you will find the subscribe bar at the right bottom of the home page .. you will recevice daily technical analysis for currencies and indicators

about time

give us a lecture on how to win money , what SIGN to watch for in charting

LOL , one of my double major -- is to learn all those interest rate, then I find out, real trading is so different

xx3xxx

Example.

GBP/USD Let's say your deposit is $3,000 and your leverage is set at 1:500. Through this leverage, you are buying power on the market is actually $1,500,000. From your analyses, you are expecting the US$ to rise against the major currencies. You decide to SELL 0.10 lots ($1 per pip) of the GBP/USD pair at the market price of 1.8000 and since you only want to risk 10% of your account, you set your stop loss order at 1.8300 (300 pips or $300 risk) 12 days later the GBP/USD quote is 1.7540 and you decide to close your SELL position. Your profit in pips is (1.8000 - 1.7450) 550 pips. Since you chose to trade 0.1 lots volume and the value per pip is $1. You made a profit of $550 on this trade

suCCubus16:
Thanks for the reply adam... I just consider opinions from other traders especially when a major indicator will be out for release so I can make some positions in advance. Thanks again... : )

My pleasure Cubus, I'm always pleased to help !!

Forex Market Movements

USDJPY: Review and Projection for the coming Week

The Yen continue to strengthen against the Dollar. It is possible that the Yen continue to strengthen itself in the coming week, and move towards the 84.80 support. Authough Yen is strong at this moment of time, I do not look forward to the fact thaat Yen can continue its move any further beyond 84.80.

A reversal to the upside has to come soon. I am actually looking forward to this upside reversal correction since end Jun 2010. I would actually look forward to buy USDJPY as I fell that the short to mid term trend is bullish. The long term for this pair is still bearish, but who knows PIPS could still be made in the short term range.

The USDJPY touches the short to mid term uptrend support line (in blue) after last week's trading. This is the second touch of the line, which in theory does not mean anything, buy we could be on an aggressive trade to buy the pair at around 87.10.

A more conservative trade will be to wait for the failure to break the 84.80 support line with proper candlestick pattern to confirm a reversal and also with proper price action to support the move.

Happy trading...

USDJPY: Outlook of the Day

USDJPY gaps down on the opening on Sunday. After the gap down, the price starts to recover and is now slowly moving on its way up towards the 87.00 level. I mentioned "The USDJPY touches the short to mid term uptrend support line (in blue) after last week's trading. This is the second touch of the line, which in theory does not mean anything, but we could be on an aggressive trade to buy the pair at around 87.10."

At the end of last Friday's trading, a long wick candle was formed and touching the mid to long term uptrend resistance line (in blue). With this candle formation, I am actually expecting a reversal to occur although not a clear signal as this is only the second touch of the blue line.

The reversal has started to unfold itself since this morning's trading, and as such that I made a call to buy USDJPY at 87.10 with take-profit at 87.60, 88.10 and Open Objective. Stop-loss is to be placed at 86.20.

Reason: