Mandarine EAs mods - page 3

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

So, just a situation was changed.

It is with Fibo = false:

It is with Fibo = true:

As we see - it is positive equity performance with Fibo = true (blue line is equity).

For me been a slow week for Mandarine Ea but think it was because only had it on 4 pairs but since testing up around 300 pips, starting now going to add more pairs. My settings are fibs = true and T3 hot = .70 and tightened range.lock profit and range.trailing stop to 0.25, on M30 timeframe.

Files:
mandarineea.gif  88 kb

Closed a trade from last night +70 pips currently in a trade with chfjpy up around 20 pips.

Files:
another70.gif  80 kb

This EA is performing well.

Mandarine with Fibo (4 digit pips):

EURUSD

this week: 0

since 12 of March: 0

GBPUSD

USDJPY

USDCHF

since 12 of March: 76

AUDUSD

since 12 of March: 57

USDCAD

NZSUSD

this week: 92

since 12 of March: 92

GBPJPY

this week: 412

since 12 of March: 412

GBPCHF

So, totally for this week:

+504 pips (4 digit pips).

Since 12 of March:

+637 pips (4 digit pips).

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).
Files:

What timeframe is best for this interesting ea?

Dear Mr.Tools and Newdigital,

Please kindly advise if there is any difference in profitability if we use this EA on different time-frame?

In fact, which time-frame is best for using this interesting EA?

And if possible, please kindly post your pre-set files (with Fibo = True and Fibo = False) that you are now live-testing this EA here for reference?

Besides using this EA, I think we can use the indicator and templates for manual trading is also very good. Please post the template.

Thanks a lot for your kind explanations

Regards,

James

jamesphuc72:
Dear Mr.Tools and Newdigital,

Please kindly advise if there is any difference in profitability if we use this EA on different time-frame?

In fact, which time-frame is best for using this interesting EA?

And if possible, please kindly post your pre-set files (with Fibo = True and Fibo = False) that you are now live-testing this EA here for reference?

Besides using this EA, I think we can use the indicator and templates for manual trading is also very good. Please post the template.

Thanks a lot for your kind explanations

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Best settings so far are default with fibs=false, but attaching my setfiles one fibs=true and other is fibs=false. In case you are not aware there is a section for manually trading Mandarine here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180090

Regards

tools

Thanks, Mr.Tools

Dear Mr. Tools,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I noticed from your above post and Newdigital's above post, and see:

1. You used M30, and Fibo = True with good profit.

Did you have any live-testing with Fibo = False?

Thanks.

2. Newdigital used H1, with both Fibo = True and Fibo = False. It seemed that Fibo = True from above tests of Newgital has more profits and lesser drawdown (lesser loss).

So, that is why I am a bit confused in :

a, Fibo = True or Fibo = False: which one is more profitable on consistent basis?

b. Which time-frame is better ? M30 or H1? Or different time-frame has no different profitability for this potential EA?

I hope you and Newdigital would explain me in more details about my above questions on Fibo = True/False and Time-frame = 30 or h1?

Thank you very much for your kind reply and help

Regards,

James

jamesphuc72:
Dear Mr. Tools,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I noticed from your above post and Newdigital's above post, and see:

1. You used M30, and Fibo = True with good profit.

Did you have any live-testing with Fibo = False?

Thanks.

2. Newdigital used H1, with both Fibo = True and Fibo = False. It seemed that Fibo = True from above tests of Newgital has more profits and lesser drawdown (lesser loss).

So, that is why I am a bit confused in :

a, Fibo = True or Fibo = False: which one is more profitable on consistent basis?

b. Which time-frame is better ? M30 or H1? Or different time-frame has no different profitability for this potential EA?

I hope you and Newdigital would explain me in more details about my above questions on Fibo = True/False and Time-frame = 30 or h1?

Thank you very much for your kind reply and help

Regards,

James

I haven't live demo tested it yet with fibos=false, have switched to that now and am using on H1 timeframe because to me Newdigital been having sucess with those settings, and want to see how it does.

I tested on M30 timeframe with Fibo's = true, didn't have many trades, but the trades i did have, the drawdown was very manageable and all went into profit.. This version is a lot different from earlier Mandarine Ea's and it is barely a month old so we are all just getting the feeling for it, as far as what trading timeframes,stoploss,takeprofit, how to filter etc.Hope this helps somewhat!

Regards

tools

Hi jamesphuc72,

I am using H1 timeframe because I am using this tieframe for old Mandarine which I am still forward testing. So, I am using H1 for new Mandarine. Default settings for all the pairs except fibo false or true, Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088

I did not try M30 sorry.

May be - I can try M30 too as it is good idea to compare the timeframes.

Please add following candlestick reversals into this EA if possible. Thanks

Dear Newdigital, Mr. Tools,

I think this EA can be more profitable (in entering trades for a Buy or o Sell when having the previous candlesticks which are reversal ones) if we can add extra Reversal Candlesticks as follows:

1. When the price moves into R1, R2, or R3 with more or less 10 pips distance from R1, or R2, or 3, and the candllesticks on H1 is :

+ Shooting star

+ Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar with the Length Upper shadow = minimum 2 x Length of Lower shadow (With Length of Upper Shadow = at least 2 x Lower shadow).

+ Evening Star

+ Spinning Top

+ Tweezer Tops

+ Bearish Engulfing Candlestick

+ Dark Cloud Cover

Right after these Reversal Candlestick patterns happen, then, this EA will place a Sell order right away on the next 1h candlestick opening. In addition, for a Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar candlestick patterns, the EA will place a Sell trade at HALF OF THAT Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar (we will sell at better price because I noticed many times that price often retraced up to half or even 2/3 of the Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar before continuing downward trends.

2. When price moves down to S1, or S2, or S3 (plus / minus 10 pips distance from S1, or S2, or S3), and that current candlestick is :

+ Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar (with Length of Lower Shadow = at least 2 x Length of Upper Shadown).

+ Morning Star

+ Tweezer Bottoms.

+ Bullish Hammer

+ Piercing Line

+ Bullish Engulfing

Then, right after these Reversal candlestick patterns happen, the EA will enter a Buy right on the next 1h Candlestick. In addition, the EA will place a Buy trade at HALF Length of Long-legged Doji or Pin Bar so that we can buy at much better price.

Can we add these confirming reversal candlestick patterns into this EA like above so that the EA will trade even much better and more profitable?

Please kindly advise your ideas.

Thanks and regards,

James

Reason: