Various - page 21

Good night;

Excuse my english (once more). So, there I am back again.

It would be plausible to add to those scripts the option to show which is the real distance between the entry and the target/stop loss?

What I mean is that I found one script for selling and other one for buying. They launch their stop loss and take profit orders at the same time. They were wrote as an script and once I want to enter in the market I drop the script to the chart, the "buy"/"sell" order (depens on which script I drop to the chart) is send to the market with its take profit and stop loss order attached. I need to be sure that those attached orders are at the right distance from my entry and because I can modify them during the trade, I want to know which is the real distance during the trade.

I add scripts and one image.

Thanks, thank you so much guys

Hermo

Files:

rsx 3.01

Continuing to explore the effect of price pre-filtering when rsx calculation is done

This version is using the improved jurik smoothing for price pre-filtering. Results seem to be better then when a regular types of moving averages are used (which is logical, since, after all, this smoothing is adaptive). As the "regular" pre-filtered version, this one also allows, different depths of calculation as well as different "speeds" of calculation

Files:
rsx_3.01.gif  39 kb
rsx_3.01.mq4  8 kb

Hello!

Excuse my english again,

I've decided to code something and I would need a good IDE to can debug correctly or something. I tryied to do it with prints, but it's like impossible to me do something profitable. Could you recommend me some program to compile, debug to MT4?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

mladen:
Continuing to explore the effect of price pre-filtering when rsx calculation is done This version is using the improved jurik smoothing for price pre-filtering. Results seem to be better then when a regular types of moving averages are used (which is logical, since, after all, this smoothing is adaptive). As the "regular" pre-filtered version, this one also allows, different depths of calculation as well as different "speeds" of calculation

Thank you mladen. Only one quastion. Theorically it must be interpreted how 0 cross line or??

Thank you

dasio:
Thank you mladen. Only one quastion. Theorically it must be interpreted how 0 cross line or?? Thank you

dasio,

Either you are going to use it when 0 lines are crossed, or you can use it the similar way how "regular" rsi is used : when some defined levels are crossed up or down (depends on what type of entries are you looking for - reversals or trend continuations)

Hermo:
Hello!

Excuse my english again,

I've decided to code something and I would need a good IDE to can debug correctly or something. I tryied to do it with prints, but it's like impossible to me do something profitable. Could you recommend me some program to compile, debug to MT4?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Hermo

Sorry, but there is no such thing (at least I do not know about it) for metatrader 4. Even SciTE can not do that (for example till this day I am using comment and am checking data in data window when looking for errors - I don't like the print since it is written into log file and your log file can grow very fast when a lot of print commands are issued)

mladen:
Hermo Sorry, but there is no such thing (at least I do not know about it) for metatrader 4. Even SciTE can not do that (for example till this day I am using comment and am checking data in data window when looking for errors - I don't like the print since it is written into log file and your log file can grow very fast when a lot of print commands are issued)

Thank you so much mladen and sorry for my english!

What is your process to develop indicators and EAs? I mean, to test it, you use the MT4 and Comment function to know the value(?), the optimization of MT4 to get the good parameter set(?), the visual backtest to test the code(?) or you use different applications for each? I need some tips to start from some good point and not to start a war with the programming environment. Could you help me?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hermo

Hermo:
Thank you so much mladen and sorry for my english!

What is your process to develop indicators and EAs? I mean, to test it, you use the MT4 and Comment function to know the value(?), the optimization of MT4 to get the good parameter set(?), the visual backtest to test the code(?) or you use different applications for each? I need some tips to start from some good point and not to start a war with the programming environment. Could you help me?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hermo

Hermo

All in all, since there is no way to debug and optimize some code the way we are used in normal coding languages (visual studio, for example), it comes down to basic things like comment, data window (for example making "visible" buffers that are in the final version not going to be visible simply in order to be able to see what is going on), GetTickCount() function (that can help us measure the execution time in milliseconds) and experience.

MQL4 is anything but friendly environment for coders and we simply must find our own "shortcuts" how to test what we are interested in.

This is a version of rsx 3.01 described by Mladen here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page16 but made it nrp style with the rsx coloring on slope change and the 50 line boxes colored to show oversold or overbought (red/green) and gold for trade zone.Has alerts for oversold,overbought,slope change, and entering the trade zone.

Files:

RSX 3.01 and Build 500

I was able to download RSX 3.01 and RSX 3.01 nrp_alerts.

However, I cannot attach either indicator to a chart.

There is the following error message-

Cannnot open file.....rsx 3.01.ex4

I used MetaEditor to successfully compile both indicators without errors, but there is no ex4 file in the Folder.

Is this related to MT4 Build 500 and is there something I can do to fix this problem??

Thank you.

Reason: