Deviator - correlation strategy, signal #30131 - page 15

Ok good to hear that you are continuing to provide the signals.

Will wait for the first signals

Any idea when trades might be taken again?

Edit: I see an EURJPY and AUDJPY trade now, that has been nice timing I have a question though.

You explained that trades are opened when there is a correlation deviation between the two pairs.

But as far as I can see it, EURJPY and AUDJPY almost made an identical movement. So what was the reason to enter the trade?

fsm:
Any idea when trades might be taken again?

Edit: I see an EURJPY and AUDJPY trade now, that has been nice timing

I have a question though.

You explained that trades are opened when there is a correlation deviation between the two pairs.

But as far as I can see it, EURJPY and AUDJPY almost made an identical movement. So what was the reason to enter the trade?

Almost identical is not identical. Basically, when AUD weakens to a certain degree we open a trade. We always want to be long AUD since quite big positive swap. Negative is even bigger and we could get trapped, since AUD is more "popular" for its good swap most of the time. It drops remarkably when "big guys" are taking profits. Unfortunately, we do not know until that happens...

deviator:
Almost identical is not identical. Basically, when AUD weakens to a certain degree we open a trade. We always want to be long AUD since quite big positive swap. Negative is even bigger and we could get trapped, since AUD is more "popular" for its good swap most of the time. It drops remarkably when "big guys" are taking profits. Unfortunately, we do not know until that happens...

Thanks for the info.

The GBPJPY trade worked out very well today

September 2010 result: 3.62% gain

Well, this month made "only" 3.62%, drawdown was almost nil, so consider this a good result, better than loss, right?

Files:

Looks good, however can you tell me why the results on MyFxbook are so different from the results on Rentasignal?

On Rentasignal I only see 1.37% and a much larger drawdown?

fsm:
Looks good, however can you tell me why the results on MyFxbook are so different from the results on Rentasignal? On Rentasignal I only see 1.37% and a much larger drawdown?

I am not sure why RAS stat shows 1.37% gain and myfxbook 3.62%. I think it is because RAS stat is weired (as well as their ranking system), while myfxbook shows correct data. See orders made in September from my MT4, it is $364 gain, which comparing to $10K deposit equals to 3.64%, so I believe myfxbook stat is a bit closer than RAS. That is why I use myfxbook here to show my stats.

Regarding the DD, it is the same but on myfxbook chart you see the whole period where Y axis represents $30,000, so $300 DD is barely visible, while at RAS you see datail of the last month where $300 DD is visible very well. And RAS always draws $10,000 starting balance violet line no matter what big is the account (mine went from $10K to $23K in 10 months), see images.

Also, you may notice on the RAS stat image that it shows around $400 gain in September so I am not sure where the 1.37% gain number is coming from....

Files:
september.jpg  229 kb
myfxbook.jpg  25 kb
ras_stat.jpg  71 kb

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense!

Keep up the good work!

Oct 6 - up 1.61%

It is only 6th day of the month and we are up by 1.61%. Does not seem like too much? Well, Deviator is long term runner gaining 130% within the first 10 months. That sounds better, doesn't it?

Remember, RAS ranking puts to top the signals that performed extraordinary well only within the last few days, it does not matter if they were losing big time before. Just watch the list for a few weeks and you will see that signals come and go, that is for sure.

I can recommend you to always look at big picture and do not trust results shorter than 12 weeks.

So, if anyone else is looking for long term stable profits with relatively low risk, then consider to join the club of happy Deviator subscribers

Thank you!

Files:

October 2010 - gain 4.87%

October 2010 - gain 4.87%

Files:
Reason: