Siti Zahra - RAS ID: 21872

It's a scalper.

In the mean time, let it run for a couple weeks or so, then we discuss it more here...

It's currently FREE

Not quite matching performance over RAS

Will send more details another time if you want but am "leaking" 3-4+ pips on each scalp. Have MB Trading & Jade FX (both ECN) on VPS (Demo accounts, not live) and both entry /exit are around 1-2 pips (on average) wide of your figures.

MB Trading is better by about 2 pips (round trip) - that mean that only trades showing 3 or 4 pips on RAS end up in profit, the 0-1 pip losing a little and the 7-10pip making 4 or 5 pips for me.

Typical early Asia hours are around 3-4 pips (USD/CAD) & 6-7 pips (EUR/CAD)

Have you tried with a clone ?

Which broker are you using ?

Can someone please post a link to this signal. Search function turns up nothing, i also couldn;t find it manually.

Link to RAS

Siti Zahra | Rent a Signal

I noticed the RAS website has changed and a few things are broken - including the search (also click on the signal provider when in a signal details - you used to be able to see more signals from the provider but now you just get to a global list of all signals - not exactly what i was expecting)

Luckily i had subscribed - the link above works with other signals as long as you have the correct id - replace the 21872 with the id you are looking for.

How fast is RAS

Does anyone want to divulge how RAS distributes updates - Is it polled from the RAS ea (i guess so since it uses http and doesn't have firewall issues) I am guessing that a better mechanism is desired for short term low pip scalps, especially those with wider spreads. I don't expect the RAS signal seller to have to get a few more pips just to get over a technical limitation.

If it doesn't poll then maybe it matters that it is attached to a high liquidity currency pair (if it is picking the signal up from start)

Are seller updates sent synchronously or is there an equivalent poll to send updates (off the metatrader log file perhaps ?)

Are updates sent to RAS immediately available to subscribers or is there some form of processing/transition before updates are available

If you add up the above i am GUESSING that latency could be 0.5 to several seconds. I haven't yet analysed my log files against RAS db recordings (which are to single second precision) coz my VPS has incorrect time and i don't have admin privileges to correct yet

Admittedly "streaming" signal updates is more difficult - you start to get into firewall issues - VOIP technologies solve that but its rasing the bar for RAS.

What would be useful is a statement of RAS limitations in regards to latency sensitive signals ?

Does anyone want to move this to a separate thread ?

Reason: