Requests & Ideas - page 414

Mladen,

Do you have a simple candlestick wick to body ratio indicator which alerts and puts a dot on the candlestick when the wick (the sum of the sizes of the both upper and lower wicks) to body ratio (total wick size divided by body size) is between 2 values. I searched the forum but couldn't find any indicator which does this.

Something simple in the inputs menu like

Wicktobody ratio minimum value alert: 0.50

Wicktobody ratio maximum value alert: 1.50

So in this case the indicator would alert when the wick to body (total wick size divided by body size) ratio of that candlestick is between 0.5 and 1.5, whereas it doesn't alert when the total wick to body ratio is less than 0.5 and more than 1.5.

If you don't have something similar to this i would be grateful to have such an indicator which calculates wick to body ratio and alerts when the ratio is between 2 values like the example.

mandagozu81:
Mladen,

Do you have a simple candlestick wick to body ratio indicator which alerts and puts a dot on the candlestick when the wick (the sum of the sizes of the both upper and lower wicks) to body ratio (total wick size divided by body size) is between 2 values. I searched the forum but couldn't find any indicator which does this.

Something simple in the inputs menu like

Wicktobody ratio minimum value alert: 0.50

Wicktobody ratio maximum value alert: 1.50

So in this case the indicator would alert when the wick to body (total wick size divided by body size) ratio of that candlestick is between 0.5 and 1.5, whereas it doesn't alert when the total wick to body ratio is less than 0.5 and more than 1.5.

If you don't have something similar to this i would be grateful to have such an indicator which calculates wick to body ratio and alerts when the ratio is between 2 values like the example.

mandagozu81

I do not have it but it will be made

Mladen,

Any updates on the wick to body ratio indicator from post number 4141?

mladen:
mandagozu81 I do not have it but it will be made

I searched the forum and found this indicator from some years ago which is similar to what i am looking for. But i guess this indicator has to be modified.

mandagozu81:
Mladen, Any updates on the wick to body ratio indicator from post number 4141?
Files:

mandagozu81:
I searched the forum and found this indicator from some years ago which is similar to what i am looking for. But i guess this indicator has to be modified.

mandagozu81

Try out this version : percent_wick_2.mq4

It will add a dot if the high or the low wick of the current bar exceeds desired percent. Option DisregardHighLow is added in order to allow or disallow comparison of current high to previous high or current low to previous low

Files:

Mladen,

The version you modified from the version i posted, takes the percentage of the upper wick to the whole candle and the lower wick to the whole candle respectively and puts green or yellow dots when the upper and lower wick percentages exceed the entered amount.

What i need is one single dot above the candlestick when the sum of the higher and lower wicks /the candle body is between 2 limit percentage values.

Eg:

Wicktobody percentage alert lower limit: 0.25

Wicktobody percentage alert upper limit: 0.50

In this case we would only have dots on the candles whose "total wick size" / "candle body" is between 0.25 and 0.50.

mladen:
mandagozu81

Try out this version : percent_wick_2.mq4

It will add a dot if the high or the low wick of the current bar exceeds desired percent. Option DisregardHighLow is added in order to allow or disallow comparison of current high to previous high or current low to previous low

mandagozu81:
Mladen,

The version you modified from the version i posted, takes the percentage of the upper wick to the whole candle and the lower wick to the whole candle respectively and puts green or yellow dots when the upper and lower wick percentages exceed the entered amount.

What i need is one single dot above the candlestick when the sum of the higher and lower wicks /the candle body is between 2 limit percentage values.

Eg:

Wicktobody percentage alert lower limit: 0.25

Wicktobody percentage alert upper limit: 0.50

In this case we would only have dots on the candles whose "total wick size" / "candle body" is between 0.25 and 0.50.

mandagozu81

Try it out now : percent_wick_2_1.mq4

Files:

Thank you Mladen.

There are 2 small details for modification.

1-The indicator currently is plotting on chart bars on the candles when the percentages are in the upper and lower limit. What i want to have is a dot (any color) above the candle.

2-The indicator currently is alerting when the " total wick size / the whole candle" is between the values. What i want is to have alert when "total wick size /the candle body" is between the values.

mladen:
mandagozu81 Try it out now : percent_wick_2_1.mq4

mandagozu81:
Thank you Mladen.

There are 2 small details for modification.

1-The indicator currently is plotting on chart bars on the candles when the percentages are in the upper and lower limit. What i want to have is a dot (any color) above the candle.

2-The indicator currently is alerting when the " total wick size / the whole candle" is between the values. What i want is to have alert when "total wick size /the candle body" is between the values.

Ok

Will be made that way

Mladen,

Is it possible to make this indi into an EA?

Reason: