Requests & Ideas - page 34

msquared:
Hello guys

I was wondering if one of you who is good at coding would mind taking a look at this indicator for me

it seems to work fine if i use it on a single chart but if i have it on multiple at the same time it does not seem to draw properly

i was wondering if someone would be able to possibly fix it

i have no ideas why its doing this

in the m16 there should be an arrow down and in the m5 an arrow up

Hi Msquared,

Even though this version is not named the same it is the same under the hood well almost, this version is fixed!

Files:
sidus_v4b.mq4  5 kb

mrtools:
Hi Msquared, Even though this version is not named the same it is the same under the hood well almost, this version is fixed!

excellent thank you very much i will test it asap!

mrtools:
Hi Msquared, Even though this version is not named the same it is the same under the hood well almost, this version is fixed!

this one seems to be working much better thank you very much

that was a super fast responce as well

i appreciate that

now for one more question is scalping for 10 pips reasonable? does anybody here trade scalping?

im working on a system that (as you can see above) in demo was doubling my account so i have decided to test it live on an account (

wish i would have kept more records)

before i go live though

does anybody have an indicator that shows lot size based on your risk with a specific stop loss

i saw it on the forum somewhere but cant seem to find it now and it would be very helpfull for me to use the correct lot size as i am a greedy bugger and tend to use to large a lot size (this is something for me to work on in the new year)

msquared

Try this one

It is a simple one and it calculates lot size in regards to current free margin, stop loss and risk in % and writes it out as a comment. If the lot size exceeds the minimal lot size it will write you out what is the actual risk for minimal lot size. It does not cover the case when maximal lot size is exceeded (for obvious reasons )

Files:
lot_size.mq4  2 kb

mladen:
msquared

Try this one

It is a simple one and it calculates lot size in regards to current free margin, stop loss and risk in % and writes it out as a comment. If the lot size exceeds the minimal lot size it will write you out what is the actual risk for minimal lot size. It does not cover the case when maximal lot size is exceeded (for obvious reasons )

excellent thank you for the super fast responce i will get on it right now

I need Help

Ok this is going to be really stupid

so i have been trading for a very long time 4 years barely making a profit

as of last year i started doing well thanks to all the information i have obtained from the forum (thank you everybody)

now i know that i should have put more time and effort into studying the important areas of trading.

so now that i am putting my all into it for my resolution i am studying support and resistance (how did i get by without it... probably just luck)

so my question to you guys is

is there support and resistance between support and resistance?

i have an indicator that shows daily support and resistance lines and have been trying to draw what i think is support and resistance levels inbetween those major lines

is this something that makes sense or am i just out to lunch?

the indicator i am currently using is called

xpPivot seems to do a nice job but i would like to properly have the support and resistance drawn between the majors is there already one out there?

i appologize for the stupid post i stayed up partying with my son all night (6months dosent understand sleep yet )

im tired of news trading its horrible hours

Need clarification on the Elliot Oscillator

mladen:
msquared

here is an Elliot oscillator - waves with alerts (it will alert at a moment when the oscillator value first crosses either of ema values - that is the moment when a colored bar appears for the first time)

regards

Mladen

Hello mladen

Interesting indicator you have developed - Kudos to you!

Off all the Elite section indicators, I've my eyes on this indicator to use in my current system .

I'll use the attached EURUSD 15 min and my questions are geared towards the oscillator..

In the attached chart, notice the colored "Violet" bar on the last period of the oscillator - Lets call this period X.

My understanding is - At this point, there are two possible outcomes at the completion of time period X+15, depending on the price action.

Outcome 1:

--> The Violet bar stays fixed in that position with NO further shifting or moving from its position

--> Appearance of a regular "skyblue" bar at X+15 confirms that the position of the violet bar is now FIXED at X.

Outcome 2.

--> Violet bar disappears from that position - fades back to "skyblue"

--> At X+15, the violet bar may re-appear or the oscillator continues to post "skyblue" bars.

Now, what i really wanted to confirm is the third outcome below, which seems possible at first look.

Outcome 3:

--> At X, violet bar

--> At X+15, regular "skyblue bar"

--> At X+(30,45,60,....) - Violet bar disappears from period X...and even more surprising, re-appears now!!

Bottomline...

Can it be confirmed that the colored bars (Violet or Gold) have fixed their position at period X when immediately followed by a regular "skyblue" bar at period X+15

I understand that you can have an opposing colored bar at later periods.

Appreciate all your efforts and the contributions you've made to this forum - phenomenal!

Thanks

Files:

Thanks

SIMBA:
There is a breadth indicator commonly used in index trading(SP500,DAX,Eurostoxx50,etc) ,the TRIN or ARMS Index,that can give signals with up to 96% probability when rightly used.

QUOTE"Since 1987 when the TRIN (ARMS Index) has closed above 3.0 on a daily basis the S&P 500 has gained

an average of +4.3% within the next 5 trading days and 5.8% over a 10 day period....this TRIN Strategy has been accurate 96% of the time since

1987."UNQUOTE

COMMENTS:

THere have been only 7 such signals for 2010,so,it is a low frequency of signals indicator...BUT...The study has been done on daily data,so,besides the fact that having 3-7 signals per year with 96% success probability and an average payout of 4.3% is profitable enough,for those of us that believe that markets and timeframes are fractal,it may be a way to find out if the signal works out in lower timeframes like H4 or H1 too.

REQUEST/IDEA :

Will it be possible to code a "TRIN-like" indicator for Forex?Instead of using advancing issues/declining issues,I suggest to use advancing pairs/declining pairs for example if we can get the signal for EUR we could use all EURXXX pairs as "issues" and their related volumes.

POTENTIAL CAVEATS:

1-It may be a loss of time,we have no guarantee whatsoever that it will work on Forex.

2-The use of volume data for Forex may completely falsify the results,since we will be constricted to use volume by broker.

So,I leave it to mladen to judge if the difficulty of making this indicator for Forex,compared with its potential reward and caveats is worth of his interest or not.

S

I presume that you did not consider it interesting enough

S

SIMBA

In my opinion, the "volume" in metatrader is anything but volume and I have seen it manipulated over and over (I could not believe to my eyes when I was testing Marney volume indicator and when I noticed "volumes" changed way back, and that done on one of the brokers one would never believe so. Just to mention that that indicator simply reads volumes provided by the broker so there is no possible point where it could go wrong as far as the volume of the "volume" is concerned).

I know that other platforms are using ticks in intraday too (tradestation for example) but in metatrader we don't even have a notion of a volume (not even for symbols that do have a normal volume)

Making a "scanner" that would monitor multiple symbols for advances (rises) and declines (price falls) is not an issue (see dynamic zone CFP as an example for multiple symbols scanner example, the calculation of TRIN itself is very simple, and it can not be an issue) but I really am not a "metatrader volume" believer. If it convenes you, I can make one where you can choose whether you will use the volume at all and then we shall see?

Let me know

regards

Mladen

SIMBA:
I presume that you did not consider it interesting enough S

Trin

mladen:
SIMBA

In my opinion, the "volume" in metatrader is anything but volume and I have seen it manipulated over and over (I could not believe to my eyes when I was testing Marney volume indicator and when I noticed "volumes" changed way back, and that done on one of the brokers one would never believe so. Just to mention that that indicator simply reads volumes provided by the broker so there is no possible point where it could go wrong as far as the volume of the "volume" is concerned).

I know that other platforms are using ticks in intraday too (tradestation for example) but in metatrader we don't even have a notion of a volume (not even for symbols that do have a normal volume)

Making a "scanner" that would monitor multiple symbols for advances (rises) and declines (price falls) is not an issue (see dynamic zone CFP as an example for multiple symbols scanner example, the calculation of TRIN itself is very simple, and it can not be an issue) but I really am not a "metatrader volume" believer. If it convenes you, I can make one where you can choose whether you will use the volume at all and then we shall see?

Let me know

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

Thanks for replying.

Doing a TRIN indicator having the option to choose the Volume part of the equation between :

1-Volume

2-Ticks

3-Null(so,just use 1 as denominator)

Would be perfect.

Thanks and Regards

S

Reason: